The Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink Thread! (1 Viewer)

higgs

Dave Jones would be the type for a relegation my only hope is that if jfh takes the gig that he has been given assurances that there will be money to strengthen in jan to give us any hope of staying up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Dave Jones! There's a blast from the past. He hasn't managed for years has he?

no_loyalty

Dave Jones would be the type for a relegation my only hope is that if jfh takes the gig that he has been given assurances that there will be money to strengthen in jan to give us any hope of staying up

Don't Sisu give assurances to every manager they appoint, then pull the rug out from under them?

torchomatic

3 yrs since he managed Wednesday

Ah, more recent than I thought. I'd forgotten he was there.

better days

I heard at the weekend that there had been contact with JFH through an Intermediary but nothing came of it. Don't know the details just that he's unlikely to be coming

higgs

I heard at the weekend that there had been contact with JFH through an Intermediary but nothing came of it. Don't know the details just that he's unlikely to be coming
Your sources were correct then

Captain Dart

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
To be fair, I've lost the will to care too much who comes in. This club who I've followed for 53 years has had its heart ripped out by the worst owners in footballing history. Years ago, I would have jumped at the chance to hear that a half decent manager might be coming in, but when I first saw the news I actually thought "Yeah, so what? What's going to change? Another lamb to the slaughter."
I hope in my heart that this will be good news, but my head still says "So what?"

dongonzalos

It weird other than a Neil Warnock
Sam Alleydece Martin O'Neil
Type of manager that just consistently does it when the odds are stacked against them. Also that are total no shit dominating every aspect of the management. I just struggle to see a manager been considered successful in the environment at the club at the moment.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

To be fair, I've lost the will to care too much who comes in. This club who I've followed for 53 years has had its heart ripped out by the worst owners in footballing history. Years ago, I would have jumped at the chance to hear that a half decent manager might be coming in, but when I first saw the news I actually thought "Yeah, so what? What's going to change? Another lamb to the slaughter."
I hope in my heart that this will be good news, but my head still says "So what?"

Exactly this

SkyBlue_Bear83

Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Take a few of Mowbrays 2016 losses make them draws and he didn't lose too many games! take a few of his draws make them wins and his win % wasn't bad.
Looking back I worded it badly, just making the observation that although they didn't win as many matches as they would have liked to they were also pretty hard to beat and enough evidence to argue that they were a working progress and building foundations.

Warwickhunt

Anything to talk about anything other than football, right Tony?

I can't see this being true, although he did go to Burton in League 2 and this is a win / win situation.
I would'nt believe he would come to this club that has so many problems! I wonder if he has got his payout from QPR yet? If not he ain't coming here until he has. I think this is another misinformation smoke screen from the club in preparation for Timmy's CWR debut.

ccfcway

18 months ago he won league two and left Burton at the top of league one a year ago. Amazed at how underwhelmed everyone is ....

Clearly he will only last 12 months and we will go again, but lets at least look fwd to that first few games turnaround before the inevitable slump and sacking.

covcity4life

Looking back I worded it badly, just making the observation that although they didn't win as many matches as they would have liked to they were also pretty hard to beat and enough evidence to argue that they were a working progress and building foundations.
no doubt about it. were contesting every game. now we are clear and away losers

had mowbray stayed we would be 12th or 13th now. i am sure of it even if no one else agrees

covcity4life

18 months ago he won league two and left Burton at the top of league one a year ago. Amazed at how underwhelmed everyone is ....

Clearly he will only last 12 months and we will go again, but lets at least look fwd to that first few games turnaround before the inevitable slump and sacking.

exactly.

we are coventry city. we are relegation zone of league 1. we have nos tadium. shit owners. poor attendences.

but get a manager who has good record in league 2 and 1 and managed one of championship biggest teams earlier this season? NAH NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

chickentikkamasala

CovisGod

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has agreed to hold talks with Coventry City over their vacant manager's job, according to Sky sources.

The Dutchman was sacked by QPR in November, less than a year into the job, having won just 13 of his 47 matches in charge.

Mark Venus has been carrying out the interim manager's role at Coventry since Tony Mowbray left the job in September following a poor start to the season.

chickentikkamasala

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has agreed to hold talks with Coventry City over their vacant manager's job, according to Sky sources.

The Dutchman was sacked by QPR in November, less than a year into the job, having won just 13 of his 47 matches in charge.

Mark Venus has been carrying out the interim manager's role at Coventry since Tony Mowbray left the job in September following a poor start to the season.
Link for you...........

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ld-talks-with-coventry-city-over-managers-job

steve82

Jimmys English management cv.
30 games in league 2
20 games in league 1
16 games in championship
66 games in English domestic leagues.

Gary Rowett was at Burton just over 5 years assistant for first 3, taking full control from paul peschisolido.
In his first season Burton finished 4th and lost in the playoff semis to Bradford
2nd season Burton finished 6th and lost the playoff final 1-0 to Fleetwood.
3rd season left Burton late in October for Birmingham city, Burton were 3rd in the table and had been in the top 3 since late August.

It's fair to say jimmy floyd inherited a very steady organised team, defensively strong and well drilled. Sure jimmy still had to finish the job with 30 games still to play and Burton won the league, but I think many rookie coaches could well do that, with a team scoring and confidence high.

Jimmy then is in charge for 20 games in league one, things still going well enjoying the winning run and leaves them top to join QPR.

It's easy when things are good and jimmy had it good during his 50 league games at Burton. But Burtons state to the current state we are in is worlds apart on and off the pitch.

Burton had structure, confidence and was a happy place to work and support. CCFC as we all no... well it's not very rosy! Confidence is rock bottom, structure is not great, club shows no business plan, players not good enough and not mentally strong enough to do the job, the club as a whole is in a very fragile state.

Is this the job for jimmy... his cv says he's no experience to inject the club to life. Limited experience in the lower leagues, no experience of things going wrong, and changing things. Your A and B license don't teach you what we need, it sure helps but being there and doing it, life experience of doing it does.
Bottom line is experience is key, a proven lower league manager required 100%.

covcity4life

Jimmys English management cv.
30 games in league 2
20 games in league 1
16 games in championship
66 games in English domestic leagues.

Gary Rowett was at Burton just over 5 years assistant for first 3, taking full control from paul peschisolido.
In his first season Burton finished 4th and lost in the playoff semis to Bradford
2nd season Burton finished 6th and lost the playoff final 1-0 to Fleetwood.
3rd season left Burton late in October for Birmingham city, Burton were 3rd in the table and had been in the top 3 since late August.

It's fair to say jimmy floyd inherited a very steady organised team, defensively strong and well drilled. Sure jimmy still had to finish the job with 30 games still to play and Burton won the league, but I think many rookie coaches could well do that, with a team scoring and confidence high.

Jimmy then is in charge for 20 games in league one, things still going well enjoying the winning run and leaves them top to join QPR.

It's easy when things are good and jimmy had it good during his 50 league games at Burton. But Burtons state to the current state we are in is worlds apart on and off the pitch.

Burton had structure, confidence and was a happy place to work and support. CCFC as we all no... well it's not very rosy! Confidence is rock bottom, structure is not great, club shows no business plan, players not good enough and not mentally strong enough to do the job, the club as a whole is in a very fragile state.

Is this the job for jimmy... his cv says he's no experience to inject the club to life. Limited experience in the lower leagues, no experience of things going wrong, and changing things. Your A and B license don't teach you what we need, it sure helps but being there and doing it, life experience of doing it does.
Bottom line is experience is key, a proven lower league manager required 100%.

maybe its a good thing that in 66 games he hasnt had a real bad patch? and the 1 he did he wasnt given time to rectify

not that im saying i want jimmy especially. but no problems with him either.

CovisGod

Which is looking increasingly likely, he's talking to the club and betting has been suspended...

IF he comes in, are we going to give him a chance ? A lot of folks on Facebook seem to want him to fail before he's even started just so SISU fuck off quicker.

We can't want a new manager of our club to fail, surely ?

Users who are viewing this thread