The Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink Thread! (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think people are a bit quick to dismiss him, wasn't given a fair crack at QPR.
He got a lot of draws at QPR, turn some of them into wins and his record starts to look better. Obviously its the result that matters but there's enough their to say had he been given more time he could have got it right at QPR.
I see a few people mention about the big budget but I'm not sure those saying they have actually researched this and have instead just thrown it around willy nilly based on the QPR reputation from 4 or 5 years ago, in the summer window they let a lot of their big earners leave and had a net profit/gain of approx. 4-5 million from transfer dealings.

Burton were a stable club with foundations already in place but JFH still took them to another level in his time at Burton.

Sky Blue Harry H

Once again he's not the man, we don't need another 'name' manager. He was lucky to inherit solid foundations from Clough and Rowett at Burton. We're in the position where foundations haven't been laid. I don't think he's the man to do it.

Almost word for word what went through my mind when I saw the headline in the CET. Think the cards fell into place for him at just the right time. Not proven in my opinion If he was just a lucky manager, though, I'd take one of those at the moment, we need all the luck we can get!!

D

Deleted member 4439

I'd be optimistic about the appointment on the grounds that you'd assume they'd be something of an budget injection to go along with it. I'm doubtful that we could survive relegation with the current team, under any manager. There's supposed to be some budget left for jan, only hope it's added to.

covcity4life

No that's not what I said and you know it.

And regard QPR is record there was played 47 won 13 drawn 19 lost 15 win% 27.7%, and yes they may have been 6 points off play offs but they were 17th in thr league, and don't forget they still have one of the largest wage bills in the championshio - 17th is a failure given their resources.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Season is a marathon not a sprint. i find it hard to label 6pts off the playoffs a failure in november or whatever it was!

SkyBlueRuffian

Doesn't strike me as the kind of manager we need right now, would much prefer someone who's been in the game and lower leagues a while, a Russell Slade, Gary Johnson type of manager who would get in and shake the club up from top to bottom. I don't think JFH would want his career to fall down the toilet any deeper to be honest.

robbiekeane

I think people are a bit quick to dismiss him, wasn't given a fair crack at QPR.
He got a lot of draws at QPR, turn some of them into wins and his record starts to look better. Obviously its the result that matters but there's enough their to say had he been given more time he could have got it right at QPR.
I see a few people mention about the big budget but I'm not sure those saying they have actually researched this and have instead just thrown it around willy nilly based on the QPR reputation from 4 or 5 years ago, in the summer window they let a lot of their big earners leave and had a net profit/gain of approx. 4-5 million from transfer dealings.

Burton were a stable club with foundations already in place but JFH still took them to another level in his time at Burton.
Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Take a few of Mowbrays 2016 losses make them draws and he didn't lose too many games! take a few of his draws make them wins and his win % wasn't bad.

Sky Blue Kid

He'd be the best striker at the club

thats-funny.gif

higgs

Doesn't strike me as the kind of manager we need right now, would much prefer someone who's been in the game and lower leagues a while, a Russell Slade, Gary Johnson type of manager who would get in and shake the club up from top to bottom. I don't think JFH would want his career to fall down the toilet any deeper to be honest.
He would surely want some guarantees before risking taking on our club he wouldn't be short of money himself I would imagine he doesn't need to take the first job offered to him

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

Anything to talk about anything other than football, right Tony?

I can't see this being true, although he did go to Burton in League 2 and this is a win / win situation.

He got Burton promoted out of L2 and left them at the top of L1, plenty of knowledge of lower leagues imho.

steve82

He got Burton promoted out of L2 and left them at the top of L1, plenty of knowledge of lower leagues imho.

I'd hardly call 13 months in league 2 and 1 plenty of knowledge.
Yes he's experienced a promotion with burton taking over from Gary rowett who'd done the leg work and built a established squad. Jimmy simply guided the ship, still a good job done but he's simply never took over a struggling team that needs picking up and motivating.
Sure he's got his A and B license, but has he vital experience in building a team from scratch.
He's out his depth in my opinion however highly rated as a up and coming manager.
This is a job for a experienced manager

Sky Blue Kid

Yes he's experienced a promotion with burton taking over from Gary rowett who'd done the leg work and built a established squad. Jimmy simply guided the ship, still a good job done but he's simply never took over a struggling team that needs picking up and motivating.
Sure he's got his A and B license, but has he vital experience in building a team from scratch.
He's out his depth in my opinion however highly rated as a up and coming manager.
Not disagreeing with you mate. I just think he has more lower league "Savvy" than most people give him credit for ;)

JulianDarbyFTW

Personally, I'd rather have a manager who has a shit-ton of L1 experience; we need someone that knows how to survive in this division - the type of players who thrive at this blood and thunder level. That's not to say JFH doesn't have that knowledge, but his CV doesn't suggest that's the case. Still, if he comes in I'll give him my full backing.

steve82

Not disagreeing with you mate. I just think he has more lower league "Savvy" than most people give him credit for ;)

Looking at his cv I'm not so sure I just don't see it. Playing career was at a high level, so not much to suggest it.
Cut his teeth managing Royal Antwerp, then Burton and QPR. Still very inexperienced less than 150 games maybe. Never experienced a relegation fight too.
Sure he will have high level contacts for yet more youth loans but what's his contacts like in the game to pull in lower league "men" to play and generate a revival to a ccfc brand that's plummeting in its very existence.
Likely to come in as a coach too not a manager we desperately need to build any structure.... but if the deal comes about and is not just news..... then jimmy floyds sky blue army!!!!

Sky Blue Kid

For me, JFH has something that a lot of managers haven't, a top class footballing brain. Not saying that he's a great manager, but he's certainly a country mile better manager than Venus.

steve82

For me, JFH has something that a lot of managers haven't, a top class footballing brain. Not saying that he's a great manager, but he's certainly a country mile better manager than Venus.

And that many top class footballers down fall as a manager... it's not them playing anymore with all there experience it's the piss poor players at this level he's got to get playing. Many fail as they are used to working with like minded top professionals.

coop

Like Tony Mowbray I think no matter who goes in the damage is already done.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would give him a go but not sure under these owners anybody could do a great job.

Amazing though fisher is on the radio this week and now all this talk of a new manager well deflected

Brylowes

Some think he's good, some think he's not, some aren't to sure, but I would wager Anyone ten to a penny,
if he gets/takes this particular gig, in the not too distant future he will be regarded as shit by most on here.
Whilst the owners will carry on regardless .:(

no_loyalty

JFH to do what McClaren has done at Derby and totally transform the team, if he accepts the job

torchomatic

I can't find odds on anyone at the mo, but admittedly not searched that hard.

torchomatic

Nor Bet365 or Skybet.

no_loyalty

If he has been seen at Tesco Arena petrol station filling up his Mercedes, then I believe this rumour

Users who are viewing this thread