The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (13 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

Was scandalous that EU nationals here couldn't vote
I know someone who has one English parent, one danish parent, they were born in Denmark, left as a baby when their family moved back to England, had their entire education in England, can’t speak danish, married a Brit, has two British children, paid taxes for over 20 years in the uk having always worked and never claimed jack, even their further education tab was picked up by Denmark. Wasn’t allowed a vote in the referendum. Their sibling who has the same parents but by coincidence happened to be born after their parents moved back to England on the other hand did have a vote in the referendum. Go figure.

JAM See

Lovely country. I've only been to a few places (Sorrento, Sicily, Rome, Venice. Basically all the usual tourist destinations).

Would love to spend more time over there.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Can’t wait.

So basically change the names of a few things, scrap some “outdated” EU laws whatever that means (Tory MP’s in the commons coincidentally calling for the scraping of the human rights act, coincidence I’m sure), more GM food (project fear) and no actual benefits listed. They are going to ask us what they could be though.

torchomatic

Screenshot 2021-09-22 093126.jpg

Another Brexit lie exposed.

torchomatic

Yeah but what about those crowns back on pint glasses. Every cloud.

Ha, and this is hailed as a "Brexit Triumph" by the Telegraph and the Express. Fucking hell.

torchomatic

Spot the odd prick out. pri.jpg

Brighton Sky Blue

Someone needs to tell them where champagne comes from. I'm sure the French will be happy to change the bottle size so the government can claim a Brexit 'win'.

I think you’ll find it was an Englishman who found out how to stop the bottles exploding a few hundred years before they started making the fizzy stuff

Brighton Sky Blue

Perhaps he could give the government some tips on preventing imploding?

giphy.gif

skybluetony176

Someone needs to tell them where champagne comes from. I'm sure the French will be happy to change the bottle size so the government can claim a Brexit 'win'.
Yeah be we hold all the cards so they’ll be falling themselves to do it. Just like they made the french government ensure we had an oven ready deal in conjunction with the German car industry putting pressure on the German government to do the same.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah be we hold all the cards so they’ll be falling themselves to do it. Just like they made the french government ensure we had an oven ready deal in conjunction with the German car industry putting pressure on the German government to do the same.
1640353330940.jpeg
Looks burnt round the sides to me.

skybluetony176

Sick Boy

Happy extra red tape day.

I see that the article also mentions that Vodafone and EE have reintroduced roaming charges in the EU now.
Luckily there will be no Vodafone charges for me when visiting the UK.
I suspect the crown on pint glasses will make up for it though.

skybluetony176

And because we hold all the cards and aren’t in the least bit desperate to get a trade deal to replace what we’ve lost due to Brexit we’re dangling a carrot of visas to India. A carrot we used to use our veto to scupper when the EU wanted a trade deal with the EU.

Still. It will annoy the racists so every cloud.

clint van damme

And because we hold all the cards and aren’t in the least bit desperate to get a trade deal to replace what we’ve lost due to Brexit we’re dangling a carrot of visas to India. A carrot we used to use our veto to scupper when the EU wanted a trade deal with the EU.

Still. It will annoy the racists so every cloud.

Didn't some of us predict this?
Ifonly my accumulators we're as accurate.

PVA

Happy Brexit day everyone! 🎉🎉

Let's discuss all the wonderful benefits we've reaped in the last 12 months...

PVA

Actually we don't need to brainstorm all the benefits. The government have done it for us.

And I think you'll all agree it's been a whirlwind of benefit after benefit, given that the 14th best thing they could come up with is:

"Enabling businesses to use a crown stamp symbol on pint glasses. The Crown Stamp is a proud emblem of our heritage that people remain fond of. We have begun the process of allowing it to be used once again, a fitting tribute to Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee"

Hurrah!

Users who are viewing this thread