The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (44 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Actually we don't need to brainstorm all the benefits. The government have done it for us.

And I think you'll all agree it's been a whirlwind of benefit after benefit, given that the 14th best thing they could come up with is:

"Enabling businesses to use a crown stamp symbol on pint glasses. The Crown Stamp is a proud emblem of our heritage that people remain fond of. We have begun the process of allowing it to be used once again, a fitting tribute to Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee"

Hurrah!

Where did Blue passports come in the list?

skybluetony176

Obviously a highly important benefit, that one came in at 12th!
What about benefits to the litmus paper test of brexit, fishing? How have they spun not taking back control of our waters, the fishing industry losing access to market and loss of access to waters including EEA waters which is leaving the country’s biggest factory ship (was responsible for the majority of cod landed in the UK) in dry dock for over 12 months now as a bonus?

PVA

What about benefits to the litmus paper test of brexit, fishing? How have they spun not taking back control of our waters, the fishing industry losing access to market and loss of access to waters including EEA waters which is leaving the country’s biggest factory ship (was responsible for the majority of cod landed in the UK) in dry dock for over 12 months now as a bonus?

Errrr excuse me, I think you'll find we have taken back control of our waters thank you very much.

"Taken back control of our waters. The deal we struck with the EU and our new Fisheries Act allow us to chart a course once again as an independent coastal state, bringing more quota for British fishermen and new opportunities for our coastal communities from Lewrick and Peterhead at the north-eastern end of Scotland to Brixham and Newlyn at the south-western tip of England."

skybluetony176

Then there’s also this that got lost in the partygate noise.

Significant for a few reasons. Firstly it was a 2019 GE pledge by the Tories to at minimum match this EU funding so another broken election pledge. Secondly they covered this on Peston a little last night and on the whole the regions that are seeing the biggest losses as a percentage are the poorest so so much for levelling up.

skybluetony176

In more news Jacob Rees-Mogg is asking Sun readers to tell him what it was they voted for in 2016.

Someone should send him a link to the Brexit benefits thread on here. I think we just about covered it.

Sick Boy

In more news Jacob Rees-Mogg is asking Sun readers to tell him what it was they voted for in 2016.

Someone should send him a link to the Brexit benefits thread on here. I think we just about covered it.
He’s the last person the working man should want in charge of deregulation.

clint van damme

I thought they all knew what they voted for?

skybluetony176

If they’re so easy to find A) why haven’t they already found them and B) why are they asking bottom of the gene pool Sun readers what they are?

skybluetony176

View attachment 23806

It’s just such a short-sighted, headline-oriented approach to governing. Even if you never agreed with Brexit, you could get behind a serious project to make it a long-term success. Instead we’ve got “Find me a round number of things by the end of the month”
1000 regulations too. Why the fuck do we need to get rid of order. If they can still burn £50 notes in front of tramps and shag dead pigs in the mouth with these 1000 regulations in place it begs the question what on earth do they want to do again?

skybluetony176

It's a joke that he's allowed to say this and get away with it when even his own government's analysis shows it to be bollocks

It’s complete bollocks. Our share of world trade is down 15% as a result of Brexit. It’s irrelevant if world trade is £11 or £11 trillion. We’re taking 15% less, simple as.

Hertsccfc

1000 regulations too. Why the fuck do we need to get rid of order. If they can still burn £50 notes in front of tramps and shag dead pigs in the mouth with these 1000 regulations in place it begs the question what on earth do they want to do again?
Reducing regulation has worked so well in the past, like with the banking crisis and Grenfell. But hey who needs to learn from the past when there's short term headlines to fill.

Grendel

Sick Boy

I was surprised to see the Bin Strikes thread on forum when I’d have thought the Brexit dividends would have avoided any of that.

Users who are viewing this thread