The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (7 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sick Boy

Back over in England again for a few days and noticed the empty shelves - is it Brexit related?

Evo1883

Back over in England again for a few days and noticed the empty shelves - is it Brexit related?

The only thing i noticed was the other day , less fresh cakes on the shelves .

Haven't noticed much apart from that , missus goes more than me mind you

Aldi at Cannon Park pretty much normal last week

skybluetony176

We have our big shops delivered and noticed that more and more items aren’t available so I have been going to the local co-op more for bits and pieces. What I’ve noticed there is that although they don’t noticeably have empty shelves there is definitely less choice and the shelves have been filled with what they can get. So for instance baked beans might have been allocated 1 shelf that’s 1 mtr long in a 5 shelf high unit now all 5 shelves are baked beans because they couldn’t get whatever the other 4 shelves would have normally had on them.

clint van damme

Went Sunday, fair amount of empty space, especially the veg, had to have brocoli instead of brocoli stems with my salmon fillet.

They never put that on the side of fucking bus!

wingy

We have our big shops delivered and noticed that more and more items aren’t available so I have been going to the local co-op more for bits and pieces. What I’ve noticed there is that although they don’t noticeably have empty shelves there is definitely less choice and the shelves have been filled with what they can get. So for instance baked beans might have been allocated 1 shelf that’s 1 mtr long in a 5 shelf high unit now all 5 shelves are baked beans because they couldn’t get whatever the other 4 shelves would have normally had on them.
Curried Beans.
All day breakfast beans
Bean's n sausages
Bean's n meatballs
???
Beans n burger's?

skybluetony176

Apparently the government is removing the reversing part of the HGV test to speed up the training of new HGV drivers. From experience I know that reversing an articulated vehicle is an art in itself and rarely comes naturally to most people. What the fuck is the government thinking off?

Evo1883

Apparently the government is removing the reversing part of the HGV test to speed up the training of new HGV drivers. From experience I know that reversing an articulated vehicle is an art in itself and rarely comes naturally to most people. What the fuck is the government thinking off?
Cant be true

PVA

That would be crazy!

Funnily enough I'm literally just watching the last episode of Clarkson's farm where he's struggling to reverse a trailer 😂

PVA

I would imagine so. Reversing a trailer isn't easy.

God forbid they make a wrong turn or come to a low bridge and have to turn around in a tight gateway on a small road.

skybluetony176

What next? DBS checks cancelled for people entering the care industry to cure the staff shortage. If you’ve ever owned an animal and didn’t kill it you’re now a qualified vet to cure the the vet shortage ahead of October.

JAM See

Leaving the EU per se isn't the problem. The route the government has taken to do it is. We could be an non EU member with access to the single market and customs union but both sides took childishly polarised positions and we got the worst of everything.
You sound like you're some kind of expert.

We (the 37% of the electorate who voted 'leave' in the referendum) have had enough of experts.

Away with you and your rational thinking.

Yours,
M. Gove.

Sick Boy

Leaving the EU per se isn't the problem. The route the government has taken to do it is. We could be an non EU member with access to the single market and customs union but both sides took childishly polarised positions and we got the worst of everything.
Claims that it wasn’t about immigration were nonsense. Long term Britain will be outside of the EU yet end up with similar levels of immigration.

Liquid Gold

Cornwall was 57% leave.
Cornwall has a very strange demographic, despite appearances it's very impoverished and a lot of the towns are similar to ex industrial towns in the north that also went leave. Couple that with a large retiree population then I'm surprised it wasn't more leave.

Reactions: PVA

fernandopartridge

Cornwall has a very strange demographic, despite appearances it's very impoverished and a lot of the towns are similar to ex industrial towns in the north that also went leave. Couple that with a large retiree population then I'm surprised it wasn't more leave.
They are in some cases ex industrial towns themselves, tin rather than coal miners.

chiefdave

Proper scraping the barrel for a brexit win with this one
We’re running out of beer to put in the glass but…
Such a big issue that reading the article was the first time I realised it had changed in the first place!

jimmyhillsfanclub

True and obvious.....but it wont stop the morons parroting shit like "they know what they voted for".....which in itself is deeply ironic for those that voted to remain within a expansionist neo-liberal project in which they have next to no say in matters....

Users who are viewing this thread