The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (6 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wingy

Evo1883

Isn't it 2 years to qualify so even if you bumped up wages now to attract people into the profession you've still got a problem.

To be fair , it's terrible leadership that in 5 years , they've not managed to think ahead and and begin to train people here for positions which were always likely to be effected by brexit in a way .

They could have started the process in 2017/18

They've not handled much well at all

Love them to be voted out at the next general

skybluetony176

To be fair , it's terrible leadership that in 5 years , they've not managed to think ahead and and begin to train people here for positions which were always likely to be effected by brexit in a way .

They could have started the process in 2017/18

They've not handled much well at all

Love them to be voted out at the next general
I think the issue is that they (namely Boris) didn’t understand what they campaigned for. It was proper throw enough populist shit and hope it wins you a leadership election campaigning. Boris never believed in brexit, never expected leave to win and didn’t understand how to deliver it or what it meant once the country voted leave. It was an opportunity to gain hero worship and catapult him to the leadership and then by default world king, worry about the consequences later. Unfortunately it’s later.

skybluetony176

Now the shit really has hit the fan.
Feargal Sharkey was on James O’Briens radio show (apparently he’s a campaigner for cleaning river’s up these days. Well he does have a good heart and a good heart is hard to find.) and he was asking the pertinent question that if we’re running out of chemicals to treat sewerage can the same be said about the chemicals used to treat drinking water.

wingy

Now the shit really has hit the fan.
Feargal Sharkey was on James O’Briens radio show (apparently he’s a campaigner for cleaning river’s up these days. Well he does have a good heart and a good heart is hard to find.) and he was asking the pertinent question that if we’re running out of chemicals to treat sewerage can the same be said about the chemicals used to treat drinking water.
Ah good old frying Pan face.😉

Never forget that stunt with Noel Edmunds up on Concord I think.. supposed to have been a live transmission ,but a gremlin crept in revealing he was miming
My perfect cousin will always resonate though!👏👏

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm surprised by that because I thought he died a couple of years ago!

I wonder who it was that actually died?

PVA

Is there a single Leaver on this forum who can say with a straight face that Brexit has gone well?

Pretty much everything that was 'project fear' has come true and I don't think any of the supposed wonderful benefits have materialised yet.

So predictable (unless you're a Daily Mail reader).

COV

Is there a single Leaver on this forum who can say with a straight face that Brexit has gone well?

Pretty much everything that was 'project fear' has come true and I don't think any of the supposed wonderful benefits have materialised yet.

So predictable (unless you're a Daily Mail reader).

Depends what the motivations for voting brexit were

If it was all about immigrants & things like that then no doubt things are going well

All other reasons being shown to be misguided/foolhardy/ wrong, but I guess its still comparatively early- didn't Rees Mogg say it would take 50 years to see the benefits?

PVA

Depends what the motivations for voting brexit were

If it was all about immigrants & things like that then no doubt things are going well

Are they going well though? The government are having to resort to breaking the law to try and keep migrants out of the country.

COV

Are they going well though? The government are having to resort to breaking the law to try and keep migrants out of the country.

I don't actually know, just going on the assumption that the people who voted for those reasons probably won't look at figures or stats, they'll just feel... satisfied I guess

NorthernWisdom

didn't Rees Mogg say it would take 50 years to see the benefits?
Tell you what, anybody who thinks they can tell if Brexit has been a good or a bad thing based on what we look like in 50 years is a mentalist. There's so much can happen, improvements and failures would be impossible ot attribute to Brexit.

Plus, I'll be dead anyway... but Grendel will have had his head pickled, have constructed a Davros-style chair, and will be arguing with the new breed of SkyBluesTalk posters from the planet Zog.

• Haha
Reactions: COV

COV

Tell you what, anybody who thinks they can tell if Brexit has been a good or a bad thing based on what we look like in 50 years is a mentalist. There's so much can happen, improvements and failures would be impossible ot attribute to Brexit.

Plus, I'll be dead anyway... but Grendel will have had his head pickled, have constructed a Davros-style chair, and will be arguing with the new breed of SkyBluesTalk posters from the planet Zog.

apart from cc84cov who will always have eternal youth

clint van damme

Wage rises in some sectors is a good thing, though Idont yhink its going to affect payas much as leavers claimed.
The vaccination program, I know despite the bullshit Johnson and leaverscome out with we could have done what we did if we were in the EU but I don't think we would of.

Other than that, absolute shitshow.

Reactions: PVA

SBAndy

Three announced today that they’re re-introducing roaming also. Lots of companies taking back control. Maybe that’s what the 3 word populist slogan meant.

In fairness (I seem to say that a lot nowadays) Three have also announced that they’re scrapping the free roaming in non-EU countries as well. Feels more like a business decision than politically-led.

In saying that, though, it does seem that the consumer is getting a worse and worse deal as more comes out of the woodwork. What a time to be alive.

skybluetony176

In fairness (I seem to say that a lot nowadays) Three have also announced that they’re scrapping the free roaming in non-EU countries as well. Feels more like a business decision than politically-led.

In saying that, though, it does seem that the consumer is getting a worse and worse deal as more comes out of the woodwork. What a time to be alive.
If we were still in the EU they could only do it to non EU countries though. I suspect that the majority of mobile phone users will be more effected by a return to roaming in Europe than the rest of the world also.

skybluetony176

Holding all the cards, green revolution... All bollocks

Exporting our animal cruelty and carbon footprint to the other side of the world after having our pants pulled down in a trade deal with a former colony that has less than half the population of the UK and ranks places below us in size of economy. No wonder no one who promoted brexit got the bunting out for this trade deal. Remember, we also need another 2000 Australia size trade deals to replace what’s been lost by leaving the EU.

Users who are viewing this thread