The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (20 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sick Boy

But we probably wouldn't have vaccinated as many as we have done because we'd have received fewer does as part of our allocation and started the vaccination programme later as they took longer to be approved by the EU.
Each country was/is able to approve vaccines before the EU, as the UK did, and also order their own vaccines.

skybluetony176

Project here

Imports and exports an absolute fucking disaster zone.
Fishing Industry in collapse.
MasterCard taking back control of card charges.
Workers rights being stolen.

Ooo, look the EU threatened to do something, phew a distraction.

Grendel

Each country was/is able to approve vaccines before the EU, as the UK did, and also order their own vaccines.

Which country has?

Edit: Hungary seem to have broken ranks - who else?

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m happy our vaccine roll out is a huge success so far with two rather large caveats

Second dose
Mutations

Proud of our scientists and their ability to work with leaders in their field the world over. Very very proud

Indeed, science is a collaborative endeavour and a real plus in the UK is its ability to attract large amounts of research funding which in turn attracts minds from all over the world. Share the concerns on second dose, less so on mutations provided we keep a tight lid on entry into the country.

@Earlsdon_Skyblue1 nobody's unhappy with our vaccine roll out numbers mate.

skybluetony176

I’m happy our vaccine roll out is a huge success so far with two rather large caveats

Second dose
Mutations

Proud of our scientists and their ability to work with leaders in their field the world over. Very very proud
Absolutely. Just goes to show what good value the NHS. Shame the Tories invested in cronyism for track and trace instead of leaving that with the NHS is. I doubt things would have ever been as bad as they’ve repeatedly gotten if it had been left in the hands of the NHS.

PVA

Second dose
Mutations

Absolutely.

The problem is some people seem to think that excuses everything that came before it.

We could have had a good pandemic response AND this impressive vaccine roll out. It did not have to be one or the other.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Indeed, science is a collaborative endeavour and a real plus in the UK is its ability to attract large amounts of research funding which in turn attracts minds from all over the world. Share the concerns on second dose, less so on mutations provided we keep a tight lid on entry into the country.

@Earlsdon_Skyblue1 nobody's unhappy with our vaccine roll out numbers mate.

If everyone was delighted about the vaccine roll out they wouldn't be getting triggered when it gets compared specifically to European countries, and they wouldn't try and make it look like the faster roll out has nothing to do with being out of the EU. I guess it is just a giant coincidence that the country just leaving the European Union should be on an entirely different path to every single country in it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Why would I hate that? What the fuck is wrong with you.

You mean you're desperate for me to hate it.

Again, you got what you voted for so stop crying about it.

Got what I voted for? Faster vaccines?

Your aggressive demeanour says it all.

shmmeee

Got what I voted for? Faster vaccines?

Your aggressive demeanour says it all.

What would we have been prevented from doing when we were in the EU that’s sped us up?

Genuine question, I haven’t been paying attention to what’s going on in the EU.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What would we have been prevented from doing when we were in the EU that’s sped us up?

Genuine question, I haven’t been paying attention to what’s going on in the EU.

It's not really about speeding us up, but more avoiding the slow down that has happened with the EU.

When we were in the EU we were part of the European Medicans Agency, so all countries in the EU go through the same process. Other countries have not been happy with this so despite the EU saying that they were all in it together, there was actually quite a lot of dissent by nation states previously.

Obviously now we are not bound by the EMA we could approve and order our vaccines independently. Hence getting out the traps without any restrictions.

Sick Boy

It's not really about speeding us up, but more avoiding the slow down that has happened with the EU.

When we were in the EU we were part of the European Medicans Agency, so all countries in the EU go through the same process. Other countries have not been happy with this so despite the EU saying that they were all in it together, there was actually quite a lot of dissent by nation states previously.

Obviously now we are not bound by the EMA we could approve and order our vaccines independently. Hence getting out the traps without any restrictions.
Each EU country has the power to approve vaccines for emergency use and order them independently, how else do you think the UK did it while being under EU rules last December?

hill83

If everyone was delighted about the vaccine roll out they wouldn't be getting triggered when it gets compared specifically to European countries, and they wouldn't try and make it look like the faster roll out has nothing to do with being out of the EU. I guess it is just a giant coincidence that the country just leaving the European Union should be on an entirely different path to every single country in it.

I'm very much delighted with the speed of our vaccine roll out. I just don't like the comparison or boasting about it over any country EU or not.
That's what sport is for.

I'd be as annoyed if Germany, for example, were doing better than us and lording it up, as I'm sure you would be.

Also will you even see the post above? We had the option when in the EU and took the correct decision of ordering independently. Great choice. Feel free to go about telling people what they think but at the very least acknowledge facts while doing it, it will help your case.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Each EU country has the power to approve vaccines for emergency use and order them independently, how else do you think the UK did it while being under EU rules last December?

It changes nothing.

Please bear in mind that the EU has still not given the green light to the AZ vaccine. We have. That is not something we could have done being part of the EMA. We would still be waiting and in the same position of all the countries in the EU.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm very much delighted with the speed of our vaccine roll out. I just don't like the comparison or boasting about it over any country EU or not.
That's what sport is for.

I'd be as annoyed if Germany, for example, were doing better than us and lording it up, as I'm sure you would be.

Also will you even see the post above? We had the option when in the EU and took the correct decision of ordering independently. Great choice. Feel free to go about telling people what they think but at the very least acknowledge facts while doing it, it will help your case.

I have posted the facts. Whether countries were allowed by daddy to order vaccines means nothing. It has not been given the green light yet.

As we are not in the EMA any more, we were able to approve them first. Hence why we are where we are and why we started before anyone else.

You also know that if it was the other way round you would be huffing and puffing about how great Germany was. As would pretty much everyone that is still feeling begrudged about what happened in 2016.

I will celebrate and be proud of the fact that for one time we actually did something right.

Skybluefaz

I have posted the facts. Whether countries were allowed by daddy to order vaccines means nothing. It has not been given the green light yet.

As we are not in the EMA any more, we were able to approve them first. Hence why we are where we are and why we started before anyone else.

You also know that if it was the other way round you would be huffing and puffing about how great Germany was. As would pretty much everyone that is still feeling begrudged about what happened in 2016.

I will celebrate and be proud of the fact that for one time we actually did something right.

Here are some real facts for you.

Was definitely the correct decision to utilise 174 and approve vaccines ourselves. I think. So I do applaud them for that.

But we did it because of EU rules rather than the ability to fuck them off.

Last edited:

hill83

Fair enough with it not being given the green light by the EU, their own fault for pissing about. But we were part of the EU when we gave the green light but had the option to give the go ahead ourselves. As I said before we made the correct decision to go independent with it.

No I wouldn't, I'd be annoyed if they gave it loads.

Same. I just don't like elected leaders gloating, doesn't sit right with me.

Evo1883

giphy.gif

This thread

hill83

I don't even know why I'm back in this thread. We are out of the EU and I don't give a fuck anymore.
I just don't like misinformation.

skybluetony176

You are aware that every state in the EU has emergency measures to approve any medicine. We haven’t done anything that we couldn’t have done had we been fully paid up members of the EU. Even the government was forced to admit this after first pretending that we only approved the vaccine so quickly because we’d left.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Here are some real facts for you.

Was definitely the correct decision to utilise 174 and approve vaccines ourselves. I think. So I do applaud them for that.

But we did it because of EU rules rather than the ability to fuck them off.

I appreciate your reply, but that is a prime example of a politically motivated fact check. It's not even close to being the full story.

The reason we were able to go faster was because we were not part of the EMA APA, which prevents EU participants from procuring outside of EMA approval. Why weren't we? Brexit.

It's quite simply as straight forward as that.

hill83

I appreciate your reply, but that is a prime example of a politically motivated fact check. It's not even close to being the full story.

The reason we were able to go faster was because we were not part of the EMA APA, which prevents EU participants from procuring outside of EMA approval. Why weren't we? Brexit.

2012 though? I was fully on the piss every weekend around then so don't have a clue, but is it related to Brexit?

And can't other members also do it?

skybluetony176

It changes nothing.

Please bear in mind that the EU has still not given the green light to the AZ vaccine. We have. That is not something we could have done being part of the EMA. We would still be waiting and in the same position of all the countries in the EU.
Individual EU states can though. They don’t have to wait for EU approval. Any state waiting on EU approval are doing under their own free will. How are you not getting this?

shmmeee

Be fair, that fact check is on approval which it’s right we never had to wait for.

The advanced purchase order point is fair though.

Sick Boy

• Until the end of December, and as part of the transition period, COVID-19 vaccine candidates can be licensed (authorised) via the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and that authorisation will automatically be valid in the UK.
  • However, if a suitable COVID-19 vaccine candidate, with strong supporting evidence of safety, quality and effectiveness from clinical trials becomes available before the end of the transition period, EU legislation allows for temporary authorisation of supply in the UK, based on the public health need.

clint van damme

the only aspect of this shit show which has consensus on here as being successful is the vaccine roll out.

Brighton Sky Blue

We granted emergency use for these vaccines, which any EU member state can do as well under their rules and the rules under which we were at the time. The EMA approval process is for the products to be licensed for use across all the member states, and they aren’t licensed in the UK either.

Skybluefaz

What can we do if we deny the validity of the facts? You end up just being Gavin Williamson saying that we were able to do it because "Britain is the best country in the world" in his weird little Frank Spencer voice. I suppose it's enough for some.

Users who are viewing this thread