The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (11 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brighton Sky Blue

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m looking forward to the flim flams Johnson was waving around a few months ago

skybluetony176

So. Actual Brexit wins

Blue Passports at the expense of taking the work out of the hands of U.K. workers and giving it to the French.

Soy Sauce to remain either at the same price or maybe 6% more.

A slightly worse trade deal with Japan than we would have enjoyed had we stayed in the EU at the expense of trade barriers with our biggest trading partners.

A border in the Irish Sea cutting one part of the Union adrift and practically still in the EU.

A border between Kent and the rest of the U.K.

Fuck me, project fear was hopelessly optimistic.

Seamus1

And another ‘win’.

As a slight aside, when I was at university, I was able to take advantage of the EU Erasmus scheme to study overseas for one year, and as such received a grant (if I remember correctly it was about £2,000). I learnt so much in that one year...not just regarding the subjects I was studying, but also how to be independent, how to be responsible. Best year of my life!

Edit, the picture may not fully open, but shows that for EU children/youths, visiting such a magical historical site as the Acropolis is, would be free (ages 6-25). Non-EU youths pay a reduced rate. The whole price list is available on the Twitter page, which can be viewed without having a Twitter account or following the person who posted

Attachments

• A2D0E313-4142-477D-8DFF-B35F6F3A2587.jpeg
    A2D0E313-4142-477D-8DFF-B35F6F3A2587.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 12

Seamus1

They need to understand that we won't feel the benefit for about 50 years
Best case J R-M scenario!! Even Digby Pudding Jones said that any benefits might not be felt for 100 years. Meanwhile as I said before, Patrick Minford did previously state that a No-Deal/Australia style deal (semantics according to Alok Sharma) would see the need for the manufacturing industry to be wound down similar to what happened with the coal industry. The thing is, areas heavily reliant on manufacturing such as the North East and the West Midlands did vote for Brexit, so you reap what you sow

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Best case J R-M scenario!! Even Digby Pudding Jones said that any benefits might not be felt for 100 years. Meanwhile as I said before, Patrick Minford did previously state that a No-Deal/Australia style deal (semantics according to Alok Sharma) would see the need for the manufacturing industry to be wound down similar to what happened with the coal industry. The thing is, areas heavily reliant on manufacturing such as the North East and the West Midlands did vote for Brexit, so you reap what you sow

100 years. To give that some kind of context that would be the same as us only just now seeing the benefits of defeating Germany in WWI and overcoming the flu epidemic of that year.

Even if you take it as 50 years that's an entire generation who've lost out for their entire working lives and the generation following them for at least half of theirs. Utter madness.

skybluetony176

It’s still bollocks. Turns out that the world’s biggest producer of Soy sauce is indeed a Japanese company but they have a factory in Holland supplying the EU. If you buy a own brand Soy sauce it’s probably made in Holland, if you buy Kikkoman Soy sauce it almost certainly was made in Holland. In fact if you buy Soy sauce and it’s not made in the EU it’s probably made in China. Clutching at straws is an understatement.

Skybluefaz

It’s still bollocks. Turns out that the world’s biggest producer of Soy sauce is indeed a Japanese company but they have a factory in Holland supplying the EU. If you buy a own brand Soy sauce it’s probably made in Holland, if you buy Kikkoman Soy sauce it almost certainly was made in Holland. In fact if you buy Soy sauce and it’s not made in the EU it’s probably made in China. Clutching at straws is an understatement.
Stop ruining it Tony!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What's even more galling about most of these 50 year plus 'long term benefit' lot is that when it comes to economics and people say "why don't we accept slightly lower growth now for more steady, sustainable growth and other benefits in the longer term rather than the risky growth based on greed that inevitably leads to recession and poverty problems " it's always how it needs to benefit now because no-one knows what will happen in future.

Fuck projects that will benefit generations to come due to improvements to their health and environment and reduce healthcare costs etc in future but with little immediate economic benefit now. Fuck projects with lower returns that would see cleaner, sustainable energy replace carbon based and finite or risky resources. Fuck public policy that would reduce poverty and inequality in the longer term and thus reduce societal/class divides, welfare state costs and even reduce immigration.

It's so disingenuous yet still people lap it up. Maybe people like Labour and the Greens should spend money getting themselves all to talk with plummy accents because it seems that's what convinces people.

chiefdave

Shame so many people think this is going to stop illegal immigrants. Clue is in the name, if they're coming in illegally its not going to make any difference. And of course we lose our access to travel freely, and work, in Europe. Think I'll hold back on the celebrations.

Grendel

Shame so many people think this is going to stop illegal immigrants. Clue is in the name, if they're coming in illegally its not going to make any difference. And of course we lose our access to travel freely, and work, in Europe. Think I'll hold back on the celebrations.

Will we need a visa to go into France now? Blimey.

skybluetony176

If you want to work or study. As a tourist you may be asked to show your return ticket, prove you have enough money for the duration of your stay etc. If you want to retire there or even just go and spend the winter in say Spain you’ll only be able to stay for 90days in a 180day period.

Seamus1

It’s not just the visa (or potential cost of). We will also no longer be eligible for EHIC. I recall a story of a couple who were looking at the cost of a weekend trip to Paris. At the moment they’d just pay for flights/train and hotel. Because the wife is undergoing treatment for cancer (I vaguely recall), the cost of insurance alone for her, for one weekend was over £400!

You might also need a visa to get into Kent!

Grendel

It’s not just the visa (or potential cost of). We will also no longer be eligible for EHIC. I recall a story of a couple who were looking at the cost of a weekend trip to Paris. At the moment they’d just pay for flights/train and hotel. Because the wife is undergoing treatment for cancer (I vaguely recall), the cost of insurance alone for her, for one weekend was over £400!

You might also need a visa to get into Kent!

You are always advised to take insurance anyway as it would not probably cover treatment of a known condition

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. Surely it can't come as a surprise that we'd need passports/visas to go there if we want to end free movement?

If anyone expected to still be able to go over there without documentation while stopping them coming here without it I'd have to ask if they thought we were living in the Victorian age and Empire where we thought we could go anywhere we liked and do what we liked because we're British. Or would it be yet another case of "we know what we voted for!"

Grendel

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. Surely it can't come as a surprise that we'd need passports/visas to go there if we want to end free movement?

If anyone expected to still be able to go over there without documentation while stopping them coming here without it I'd have to ask if they thought we were living in the Victorian age and Empire where we thought we could go anywhere we liked and do what we liked because we're British. Or would it be yet another case of "we know what we voted for!"

you need a passport anyway the only country Tommy knowledge you could fly to with no passport is Spain

D

Deleted member 4439

Eu have wacked on large tariffs, up to 25%, for all US imported goods shipped from today, in retaliation to Trump's. Applies to the UK until we technically/legally leave in Jan. Stern pinball are expected to release their Led Zep version before xmas, so bang goes my present to myself.

1605187954897.png

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Johnson's days are numbered. All distancing themselves from him to prevent the association.

Users who are viewing this thread