The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (9 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NorthernWisdom

Well I’ll just shut up then.
tbf, I remember thinking at the time I didn't expect that result in 'our' poll. Although it's a wider gap than the country as a whole, this board was a prescient start of worries that the result wouldn't be quite so clear-cut as anticipated. If only government strategists had kept their ear closer to the ground, eh...

Ring Of Steel

This sounds horrendous- multiple VAT registrations, loss of business, time to complete complicated paperwork, extra shipping costs & duties, more fees to pay. Amazon know this is going to be a disastrous crash out and aren't waiting around for any 'agreements' which they know won't happen.

shmmeee

tbf, I remember thinking at the time I didn't expect that result in 'our' poll. Although it's a wider gap than the country as a whole, this board was a prescient start of worries that the result wouldn't be quite so clear-cut as anticipated. If only government strategists had kept their ear closer to the ground, eh...

I knew when I found out I was the only person I knew apart from the ex wife voting Remain...

chiefdave

Senior Tories have demanded the PM reopen the Withdrawal Agreement to remove Britain’s liability, giving a “clean break” from Brussels by December 31 when the transition period ends.
How would that work then? The EU aren't going to agree to reopening the withdrawal agreement so we can remove €160bn liability.

Sick Boy

Come on guys, the world revolves around England, I’m sure they’ll easily give in just like they did because people in the UK buy BMWs and holiday in Spain.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Be fair, according to IDS it was 'buried in the fine print, unnoticed by many', how can you expect them to spot minor things like having to pay €160bn?

So many things about that statement infuriate me.

Isn't it the job of ministers and their staff/lawyers to go through the fine print? If they haven't then they've not done their job and the money paid to them should be retrieved and put towards this huge bill their lackadaisical approach has lumped us with.

Secondly, if it was unnoticed by 'many' it means it was noticed by some. If that's the case why the hell didn't they mention it? Or perhaps they did and the government didn't consider it worthy of acting upon. If that's so why didn't those people that noticed it make sure the info got leaked so it couldn't be ignored?

And finally it just shows that those of us who felt Brexit wouldn't be a success was because we didn't have the people to make a decent fight of our corner were right all along.

Everything is a shitshow from start to finish,

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So many things about that statement infuriate me.

Isn't it the job of ministers and their staff/lawyers to go through the fine print? If they haven't then they've not done their job and the money paid to them should be retrieved and put towards this huge bill their lackadaisical approach has lumped us with.

Secondly, if it was unnoticed by 'many' it means it was noticed by some. If that's the case why the hell didn't they mention it? Or perhaps they did and the government didn't consider it worthy of acting upon. If that's so why didn't those people that noticed it make sure the info got leaked so it couldn't be ignored?

And finally it just shows that those of us who felt Brexit wouldn't be a success was because we didn't have the people to make a decent fight of our corner were right all along.

Everything is a shitshow from start to finish,
No one on here argued that. It was all about why we shouldn't leave and how the world would end. It wasn't about who wouldn't make a decent fist of it. Nice try at claiming to be the expert on this piece of fiction.

shmmeee

No one on here argued that. It was all about why we shouldn't leave and how the world would end. It wasn't about who wouldn't make a decent fist of it. Nice try at claiming to be the expert on this piece of fiction.

Plenty of people argued that even if they agreed with Brexit in principle our chances of a successful trade negotiations were poor. I recall posting several sarcy comments about how well get buttfucked by the bigger countries/trading blocks myself.

Pathetic attempt to rewrite history so you don’t have to hear obvious criticism of your religion.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There were a few that were total apocalypse, just as there were some who felt the EU was the cause of all our ills and being free of it would automatically create a new utopia.

A lot of the things people seemed to expect would occur regarding immigration were likely to have little effect because the powers they felt the country needed we already had and just didn't use, plus the people they complained about most were non-EU citizens. I did, and continue to have, reservations regarding how this increases the likelihood of future conflict in Europe.

For many it was will we be better in or out? Pretty much all of that would depend on what kind of new arrangement we'd come to with Europe and other nations for trade. I, and many others, felt that we'd be far weaker and not have as good negotiators independently than as part of the bloc. Tell me where so far that assessment has been wrong?

shmmeee

Its great to see the hysteria persists.

Wow. You're literally discussing an actual thing that has happened and still think it's hysteria!

We actually signed up to a shit deal because it was rushed through and we didn't have the expertise to notice it, you understand that right? That's not a hypothetical, that's actually happened.

clint van damme

Wow. You're literally discussing an actual thing that has happened and still think it's hysteria!

We actually signed up to a shit deal because it was rushed through and we didn't have the expertise to notice it, you understand that right? That's not a hypothetical, that's actually happened.

and people are concentrating on IDS and others rushing it through and now bemoaning the fact it wasn't scrutinised but in addition to that is the fact that it was also an attempt to sideline Parliament yet wasn't parliamentary sovereignty one of the big selling points of Brexit?

skybluetony176

Which is exactly why he’s right, there is hysteria. It’s just him and others in denial about the reality of Brexit are the ones being hysterical. It isn’t even a matter of opinion, it’s a matter of fact. As you point out.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Which is exactly why he’s right, there is hysteria. It’s just him and others in denial about the reality of Brexit are the ones being hysterical. It isn’t even a matter of opinion, it’s a matter of fact. As you point out.
Naaaah. It's you and your mates who keep picking at the scab all the time. It's just going to eat away at you. You can't just leave it alone .

skybluetony176

Naaaah. It's you and your mates who keep picking at the scab all the time. It's just going to eat away at you. You can't just leave it alone .
It was arch brexiteer Ian Smith who picked this scab. You’re so hysterical you seemed to have missed that. The nearest I’m coming to hysteria is hysterically laughing at you and others. You’re getting the Brexit you voted for, enjoy it. I’m certainly going to enjoy laughing at you.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It was arch brexiteer Ian Smith who picked this scab. You’re so hysterical you seemed to have missed that. The nearest I’m coming to hysteria is hysterically laughing at you and others. You’re getting the Brexit you voted for, enjoy it. I’m certainly going to enjoy laughing at you.
Hahahaha. Let's hear it then ....

Alan Dugdales Moustache

How on earth will you cope ?

Users who are viewing this thread