The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (22 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Dart

And that really is the thing. When you look at the likely candidates voting labour and JC is a lot more palatable.

Sky ran a poll, it was a 2 horse race, the question being who is better able to deliver Brexit, May or Corbyn.
Corbyn came third after the don't knows.

clint van damme

Corbyn. What a pathetic ditherer he has shown himself to be in the last couple of weeks. The government close to collapse and an opportunity to win over the DUP. Yet still he doesn’t call for a VOC in the government. The last 10 days were his best chance to force a GE. A slim one admittedly but his best chance. Now there could well be a new PM whose first objective will be to win back the DUP support.

May is awful but this clown is even worse.

Bingo!! Try and deflect onto Corbyn.
Whatever you think of him this is nothing to do with him or Labour or the Lib dems or Tony Blair or Nick Clegg this is all down to the tories and the people who voted for them.
Some of us warned where the infighting by a bunch of incompetents would lead us over a year ago.
Man up and take some responsibility for your actions!! I can assure you if Corbyn becomes PM and fucks it up I'll hold my hands up and say I got it wrong.

martcov

Whatever you think of him this is nothing to do with him or Labour or the Lib dems or Tony Blair or Nick Clegg this is all down to the tories and the people who voted for them.
Some of us warned where the infighting by a bunch of incompetents would lead us over a year ago.
Man up and take some responsibility for your actions!! I can assure you if Corbyn becomes PM and fucks it up I'll hold my hands up and say I got it wrong.

If Brexit goes ahead or not, who is the most likely person to actually address the problems of those who feel left behind? ( meaning a large section of leave voters) Rees Mogg? Johnson? Raab?.... Corbyn?

SIR ERNIE

Not deflecting at all. Merely responding to Tony's comment. It's called debating Clint.

skybluetony176

But it’s not endemic in the culture of our society - there is a big big difference

Really? Fox hunting, raising pheasants just to be shot, badger bating, keeping pigeons in lofts, hare coursing, greyhound racing, cock fighting, dog fighting, horse racing, the grand national. Just of the top of my head.

I know you’re going to say some of those are banned in this country but any policing of those bans are token at best.

Sick Boy

Hear, hear

skybluetony176

Corbyn. What a pathetic ditherer he has shown himself to be in the last couple of weeks. The government close to collapse and an opportunity to win over the DUP. Yet still he doesn’t call for a VOC in the government. The last 10 days were his best chance to force a GE. A slim one admittedly but his best chance. Now there could well be a new PM whose first objective will be to win back the DUP support.

May is awful but this clown is even worse.

All true. Yet he’s still more palatable than the conservatives possibly with May as PM and certainly the conservatives with BJ/Rees-Mogg/Davis (delete as necessary) or any other leaver who has any designs on becoming PM. They’ve more than proven themselves to be the slimiest of slime, especially other the last few weeks. Ironically Gove might be the most palatable of all of them and who would have believed that two years ago.

Sick Boy

Still not endemic - you try too hard to defend Europe against some obvious issues many of the southern state cultures have

It is still part of British culture and even the current PM supports it, you're just in denial.

To try and make a political point out against the EU with animal cruelty is bizarre, and plenty of abuse goes on here, and that's not even considering hunting:

Shearers secretly filmed punching, throwing and stamping on sheep could face criminal charges

Undercover video footage shows cattle being beaten at Devon slaughterhouse

I'm not defending those who abuse animals, I find it abhorrent and it genuinely upsets me.

Mucca Mad Boys

This is going to have to settle this at the ballot box again, whether it be via general election or another referendum, or both.

From day one, Brexit was a bad idea. Poorly defined in the referendum, the Government cannot uphold the promises of the Leave campaign and neither side will walk away from this happy. It’s doubtful that any Brexit agreement will be passed in Parliament.

Labour should table their own vote of ‘no confidence’ against the Government.

Grendel

It is still part of British culture and even the current PM supports it, you're just in denial.

To try and make a political point out against the EU with animal cruelty is bizarre, and plenty of abuse goes on here, and that's not even considering hunting:

Shearers secretly filmed punching, throwing and stamping on sheep could face criminal charges

Undercover video footage shows cattle being beaten at Devon slaughterhouse

I'm not defending those who abuse animals, I find it abhorrent and it genuinely upsets me.

It’s not bizarre because you constantly try and imply the European people are too moral too eat imported chicken which is just an outright lie as is the claim the EU reject it on health grounds.

Even Spaniards themselves acknowledge children are educated to be cruel to animals

'We're a violent nation' – director tackles Spain's festival culture of animal cruelty

Given the Eu now has hell holes like Romania its getting worse

Sorry you just sound silly

Sick Boy

It’s not bizarre because you constantly try and imply the European people are too moral too eat imported chicken which is just an outright lie as is the claim the EU reject it on health grounds.

Even Spaniards themselves acknowledge children are educated to be cruel to animals

'We're a violent nation' – director tackles Spain's festival culture of animal cruelty

Given the Eu now has hell holes like Romania its getting worse

Sorry you just sound silly

As do you trying to label hundreds of millions of people as being cruel to animals to point score about the EU. Last time I checked, British people were still and will always be 'European people' too, by the way.

And I'm not sure a nation with a PM that openly supports fox hunting can take the moral high ground.

Ashdown

So, those lining up to take over as PM..................Really don't think any of them do it for me ?! Could Hammond resign as chancellor and run for PM ?! Not ideal but can approach things with one eye on the money, so to speak ?!

clint van damme

So, those lining up to take over as PM..................Really don't think any of them do it for me ?! Could Hammond resign as chancellor and run for PM ?! Not ideal but can approach things with one eye on the money, so to speak ?!

There's not one of the main front runners who hasn't been involved in some massive balls up in the last year or so.
I put a five on Liggington. Probably seen as too close to May but at 25/1 thought it was worth a small wager.

Sick Boy

It wouldn't surprise me for May to cling on

Mucca Mad Boys

I’d like to see a Brexit candidate get the nod. Why? For too long they’ve had the privilege of making claim after claim to the public without any accountability. They won a referendum making claims they weren’t even committed too (see Farage’s comments after the result on the £350m NHS). Without being in government, they can sit in the back benches criticising any deal without accountability. It’s about time they took responsibility for the mess they created by lying to the public.

Failing a Brexiteer, Amber Rudd would be a good option as she’s a proponent of a second referendum. If the British public is really committed to Brexit, it will vote Leave a second time. The data suggests otherwise at this moment and Remain would win a second referendum — that’s why Brexiteers don’t want a rerun.

Theresa May messed up big time trying to wipe Labour off the electoral map when they already had a comfortable majority. That’s where her problems really began. MPs with safe seats now feel threatened and so, weakening the PMs position in parliament two-fold; the ability to get a Brexit deal through and her leadership abilities questioned. She was a good initial candidate, but because she wasn’t a Brexiteer, her credibility in delivering Brexit was going to be questioned down the line. Her deal doesn’t seem that bad, something that is akin to a Norwegian-style relationship (a relationship that is flawed, and full-EU membership better anyway), which Brexiteers like Farage admired in the past.

The Government is in an untenable position and will either have to seek a renewed mandate, and/or ask the British public to reconsider their vote on Brexit. Predictably, this Brexit process has been a shambles of epic proportions.

Sky Blue Pete

Unfortunately, I have little confidence in any politician these days.
I have and local leaders. It’s so easy to snipe from the sidelines and do fuck all to make things better ourselves. Anyone willing to put themselves out there deserve a level of thanks. It’s the millionaires club for the millionaires that I find so unpalatable. May talks about Britain for all where no place or person is left behind. Where the fuck has she been looking as her government have decimated communities and ensured poverty levels increase at an unprecedented level and still tories 5 points up in the poles.

Intregrty is hard in a 40 year career and she has none

bezzer

What happens if she clings on but her deal gets booted out? No deal inevitable which I think it is anyway.

3 scenarios. We either leave with no deal. Article 50 is retracted and an election called. Or the EU blink first and there is a deal done on the NI Backstop.

If she loses the vote tonight then things will get very interesting. The Tory machine isn't the fastest moving thing around. A leadership election could drag on well into January. That would give the new PM very little time to sell any kind of deal to Parliament, assuming the EU are willing to negotiate further.

IMO as it stands, whether May survives or is replaced, a no deal Brexit seems pretty likely.

NorthernWisdom

IMO as it stands, whether May survives or is replaced, a no deal Brexit seems pretty likely.
Or they postpone leaving while they either:

Confirm a leader who swans off with a no deal Brexit (unlikely. Could imagine the leader getting in, but surely the divisions in the Conservative Party would see that government fall immediately?)

Confirm a leader who renegotiates (Entirely possible)

Confirm May and the present deal (First part likely, second part not)

Confirm May, vote down the deal, go to the country. I'd reckon this is the most likely scenario as it stands but, frankly... who knows!

Sky Blue Pete

I’d like to see a Brexit candidate get the nod. Why? For too long they’ve had the privilege of making claim after claim to the public without any accountability. They won a referendum making claims they weren’t even committed too (see Farage’s comments after the result on the £350m NHS). Without being in government, they can sit in the back benches criticising any deal without accountability. It’s about time they took responsibility for the mess they created by lying to the public.

Failing a Brexiteer, Amber Rudd would be a good option as she’s a proponent of a second referendum. If the British public is really committed to Brexit, it will vote Leave a second time. The data suggests otherwise at this moment and Remain would win a second referendum — that’s why Brexiteers don’t want a rerun.

Theresa May messed up big time trying to wipe Labour off the electoral map when they already had a comfortable majority. That’s where her problems really began. MPs with safe seats now feel threatened and so, weakening the PMs position in parliament two-fold; the ability to get a Brexit deal through and her leadership abilities questioned. She was a good initial candidate, but because she wasn’t a Brexiteer, her credibility in delivering Brexit was going to be questioned down the line. Her deal doesn’t seem that bad, something that is akin to a Norwegian-style relationship (a relationship that is flawed, and full-EU membership better anyway), which Brexiteers like Farage admired in the past.

The Government is in an untenable position and will either have to seek a renewed mandate, and/or ask the British public to reconsider their vote on Brexit. Predictably, this Brexit process has been a shambles of epic proportions.
Amber Rudd should have been sacked for what she did to our Caribbean community how can she become leader less than a few months after

Sky Blue Pete

Or they postpone leaving while they either:

Confirm a leader who swans off with a no deal Brexit (unlikely. Could imagine the leader getting in, but surely the divisions in the Conservative Party would see that government fall immediately?)

Confirm a leader who renegotiates (Entirely possible)

Confirm May and the present deal (First part likely, second part not)

Confirm May, vote down the deal, go to the country. I'd reckon this is the most likely scenario as it stands but, frankly... who knows!
One missing, she wins the vote and gets genuine movement the Eu. Is it really just Northern Ireland that’s the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread