The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (22 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westendlad

The numbers are staggering. Around 70% of racehorses are slaughtered after their short career. That doesn’t even take into account the ones that are slaughtered even before they hit the racecourse because they haven’t cut the mustard. Horse racing is an industry and horses are just a tool, expendable and treated as such.
A unwashed lefty and an animal rights campaigner.....Anyway i'm off to cook my steak :)

Ashdown

They do. The use of pain killers in training and racing is widespread and common practice all around the globe in horse racing. And it’s done to mask injuries. You go and look at any animal rights organisations website on horse racing. It’s one of their major concerns with the industry.
Don't blame me but my Father has his own racehorse, so I do know a little about the industry. There are indeed some ruthless people and some negatives but it's not all bad. Most folk love their horses and protect them to the utmost with extortionate veterinary costs down to constant health checks. They are mostly treated like royalty, best food, best care, of course it's exploitation but they have had it worse in history.......man has abused horses a lot worse by training them to fight in medieval times as the knights rode their destriers into battle and beyond that in all other wars and conflicts ever since. It was WW2 I think they were last used when I think it was the Polish who thought it a great idea to use them against tanks. It's not ideal I agree but it's not Bullfighting, which is just plain barbaric !

Nick

Administrator
They do. The use of pain killers in training and racing is widespread and common practice all around the globe in horse racing. And it’s done to mask injuries. You go and look at any animal rights organisations website on horse racing. It’s one of their major concerns with the industry.
Has Grendel got your login? Fwiw I agree on the cruelty side!

Just never seen you both be passionate about the same thing!

clint van damme

What is noticeable with this government, and Farage and co, and their leave backers is a reluctance to chase tax evaders or control our crown dependency tax havens. The EU are supposedly introducing tax dodging controls in the near future. No coincidence in the number of multi millionaires wanting to get away from the EU ASAP. As money makes money, it would be great to catch these tax dodgers and confiscate their wealth or claim the back tax and a fine. Won’t happen. The billions shoved back and forth containing untaxed wealth or in low tax in tax havens, should be investigated. The tax part of the money that is literally slushing around, should be invested in affordable housing. People should be getting tax free overtime and annual bonuses based on profits and the minimum wage should be linked to MPs salaries. That way the money is ploughed into the people who spend a high portion of their income on everyday things thus stimulating the domestic market.

Fairly sure the tax avoidance/dodging laws come in around the same time we leave the EU.
Coincidence I'm sure.

Nick

Administrator
The numbers are staggering. Around 70% of racehorses are slaughtered after their short career. That doesn’t even take into account the ones that are slaughtered even before they hit the racecourse because they haven’t cut the mustard. Horse racing is an industry and horses are just a tool, expendable and treated as such.
The horses are screwed up, people try to re-home them but the ones I've seen are tapped. Only know how to run.

Horses are only loved while they are winning are showing promise. A burden when not, they aren't bothered if they get shot and fed to the dogs

Sick Boy

But you compare horse racing to bull fighting. Most horses enjoy horse racing. Otherwise they would stop when no jockey on their back telling them to do it. Then compare it to a bull who is there to be killed for entertainment purposes.

Apart from the ones that are ‘destroyed’ when they break a leg, I guess. It’s a cruel sport that exploits animals

skybluetony176

Don't blame me but my Father has his own racehorse, so I do know a little about the industry. There are indeed some ruthless people and some negatives but it's not all bad. Most folk love their horses and protect them to the utmost with extortionate veterinary costs down to constant health checks. They are mostly treated like royalty, best food, best care, of course it's exploitation but they have had it worse in history.......man has abused horses a lot worse by training them to fight in medieval times as the knights rode their destriers into battle and beyond that in all other wars and conflicts ever since. It was WW2 I think they were last used when I think it was the Polish who thought it a great idea to use them against tanks. It's not ideal I agree but it's not Bullfighting, which is just plain barbaric !

How do you feel about the use of furosemide in horse racing? Not allowed on race day in the U.K. but widely used in training to stop pulmonary haemorrhaging?

I’ve not suggested it’s as bad as bull fighting. Like I said. It’s like arguing over which shit is the smelliest. They both stink. Horses don’t like horse racing like some moron who doesn’t understand that they’re a herd animal claims. For the same reason they could be living in a marbled floor stable where everything is gold plated and spotless while being fed of a silver platter. It’s an unnatural environment to them. They’re a herd animal who doesn’t want to live a solitary life regardless of how nice their stable is, how good the vet is and how much their food costs. You’re trying to humanise an animal with your “logic”.

skybluetony176

Has Grendel got your login? Fwiw I agree on the cruelty side!

Just never seen you both be passionate about the same thing!

I think he has me on block at the moment but I can’t believe he’d let the suggestion that horses love horse racing slide. Maybe he hasn’t read Astutes post yet.

Westendlad

Hmmm very odd........Shouldn't the 3 lefties be wanking themselves (or each other)...be gloating over what is taking place right now instead of diverting to talking bollox over horses etc.....I smell a rat !

skybluetony176

The horses are screwed up, people try to re-home them but the ones I've seen are tapped. Only know how to run.

Horses are only loved while they are winning are showing promise. A burden when not, they aren't bothered if they get shot and fed to the dogs

Some go on the point to point racing scenes for a while (like a sort of poor journey man in boxing, basically a bum there to be knocked out) but ultimately they all end up as dog food, quite often for the hunt which is intrinsically connected to horse racing. Still the foxes probably love it also if you ask astute.

skybluetony176

Hmmm very odd........Shouldn't the 3 lefties be wanking themselves (or each other)...be gloating over what is taking place right now instead of diverting to talking bollox over horses etc.....I smell a rat !

Why? It’s only righties fighting other righties and they seem to be taking enough glee out of it for everyone else. Rees-Mogg made a sex face live on TV this afternoon talking about Boris being the next PM. He seems to think it’s a done deal.

Mucca Mad Boys

So we should have a new PM that has openly said we should have another referendum and forget the others?

What we needed when we got May was a strong leader. Someone on the lines of Maggie who didn't take shit from anyone. She even got a large rebate from the EU when there wasn't supposed to be one available. It is now too late to start off negotiations on the front foot.

And yet again I will get crap for mentioning this. But EU countries are not doing as well as some like to make out. Even Germany has problems. Yet we were supposed to believe that they don't need us. Of course they do. But May went there ready to dance to their tune.

I still think May will survive. I can see the backstop having an end we can see and not be able to be forced to stay in by the EU. If May goes I think it will be Javid who takes over. About time we had a black PM. And he has already started having digs at May. He also presently holds a high position.

Not the sort of person remain whatever would want though. But I have never seen or remember seeing anything that makes me not trust him yet.

With a margin of 1.8%, the result of the first referendum wasn’t conclusive. The nature of what Brexit would be wasnt defined in the election. Therefore, the issue of Brexit is very much still up for debate. If the government can’t get its deal through Parliament, it’s in a position where it cannot do what it was elected to do. In this scenario, a general election and/or referendum will have to happen.

How is May a strong leader? She’s been on the backfoot since the general election. The 2017 election campaign was the worst election campaign probably since the Labour’s 1983 campaign. Which resulted in blowing a majority, weakening her and her party. On Brexit, she’s not managed the public’s nor her party’s expectations during this Brexit process. Hence, she’s in a position where she’s facing a vote of no-confidence from her own party and in all probability, the opposition too. In fact, just today, she’s agreed to step down as leader before the 2020 election in an act of pure desperation to stay on as PM. Whilst you can admire her ‘tenacity’ throughout her tenure, it’s fair to say that her premiership has lurched from crisis to crisis, mostly down to herself. Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair are examples of strong PMs, May is very weak comparatively.

Sick Boy

True lefties would actually be looking forward to a hard brexit

W

westcountry_skyblue

If labour were in power McDonnell wants to bring in legislation that unions in this country can strike in solidarity with strikes anywhere else in the world......Just think about that for a minute all you Corbyn supporters!!!

Users who are viewing this thread