The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (32 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W

westcountry_skyblue

Yes, I am bothered about not having a home. As for team selections, I cannot say much as I am stuck here. I will come to the Southend game though, but don't ask me what team to select based on appearing at one game. I hope to come over more towards the end of the season when I have a break.
Be great to meet for a pint and chat at the southend game?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Youre right. We don't pay anywhere near 39 billion anually

The thing is, The EU need that money. If they don't get it either Germany pay more or Poland get less.

They could have that 39 Billion if they were willing to negotiate a decent deal.

As we know though, they won't. Half the reason why we are leaving is due to this very familair behaviour.

Sick Boy

Asking people who are not registered to vote or asking in the wrong places where it is a stronghold?

Can't be. You have already discounted this idea.

Or perhaps they just don’t ask enough people from different demographics? The GE one was way out and no one predicted it.

Sick Boy

Yeah we will......you pal on the other hand are pegging it to Italy !!:woot:

In fairness I may be spending more time in Spain too soon !

Wouldn’t blame you, hoping for another pre-season in tour in Trentino. Typically I left the country a week before that tour ffs!

Sick Boy

yes. I usually phone the London fans in advance and meet up with them. PM me on 27 evening when I am in Cov. then I'll know where they are meeting up.

That could be my final game for a while but will have the missus with me then, not sure it would be a good idea for her to realise how much time and money have gone on a 3rd tier club. She seems to be under the impression we are a top flight club haha

Grendel

we drew red lines as the base. The alternative of spending billions getting prepared for something you don't want to happen didn't seem like a good idea at the time as we were told leaving would be easy. Liam Fox and David Davis were constantly saying how easy it would be. How could the PM then tell the country we're getting prepared to drive of a cliff at a cost of billions?

Embarrassing

CCFCSteve

We can look at just one aspect if you like. Customs. It’s been suggested that in a no deal scenario we’ll need another 5000 customs officers. A quick search shows that average wage of a customs officer is £16-£26K per year. That’s going to mean £80-£130M a year in wages alone just to try and call someone’s bluff. Doesn’t sound a sensible strategy to me. What happens if we then get a deal? Do we just make 5000 people redundant on a whim of a negotiating tactic? We’ve also now got a deal so that’s your £39B back out your pocket on top of the £80-£130M+ you’ve just spanked on a hoax. And that’s just one specific of what’s needed for a no deal scenario. Starting to see why JLR is buckling at the knees now if this is the mentality and capability of their apparent senior management.

It is a sensible strategy though Tony. The cost of not preparing and/or getting a bad deal for the UK (by being in a weaker negotiating position) is significantly more than say £1bn (realistic cost of starting properly preparing for a no deal). It wouldn’t just be a ‘hoax’ it would be an insurance policy and Hammond/May not preparing has been an unforgivable dereliction of duty.

I disagree that we should’ve started Day One but certainly after year one it would have been sensible to prepare for No Deal.

Both the EU and the UK public will pay a heavy price for the lack of preparations by both sides.

Ps that £39bn is possibly looking even more important to the EU now Macron is chucking money at the rioters. They might breach their EU budget deficit ceiling so Germany are going to have to dig deep (as I don’t think the EU will back down now and I cant see a deal being reached - I really hope I am wrong)

Macron's concessions set to blow out French deficit | Reuters

CCFCSteve

Also, how the fuck didn’t we tie at least a proportion of the £39bn into the agreement of a final trade deal. This would also make the backstop being required less likely, which may have got the deal through parliament

Our negotiators have been at best incompetent !

Sky Blue Pete

Also, how the fuck didn’t we tie at least a proportion of the £39bn into the agreement of a final trade deal. This would also make the backstop being required less likely, which may have got the deal through parliament

Our negotiators have been at best incompetent !
Everyone is an expert. I’m still waiting for gove and Johnson to tell us how to sort their mess out

Grendel

Grendel

Certainly is. That’s why we are where we are.

How many million pound plus deals have you negotiated out of interest?

CCFCSteve

Everyone is an expert. I’m still waiting for gove and Johnson to tell us how to sort their mess out

It’s not about being an expert. It’s common sense. I’ve said before that I don’t think Mays deal is that bad (if there was comfort and/or trust around the backstop). I’m just saying you don’t leave yourself in a position of not properly planning for your worst case scenario.

Captain Dart

Evidence mounting TM to face confidence vote of Tory MPs.

Ashdown

Leave won't be chaos now, we shall just walk away, pocket the dosh and say non, nein y no deal. Buy British people wherever possible, it's time to stop being bullied by these pricks. Love Europe but fuck the EU !

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Love that May is trying to dodge the no confidence vote by staying out of the country!

If the 48 letters are in, which is strongly being rumoured, they won't actually act on it until the Prime Minister is on UK soil.

If only May could have been so savvy in negotiations!

Grendel

None. I also said Brexit is a stupid idea. That is without being a million pound deal maker. How come you didn’t work out that leave would end up in chaos?

You do not understand position of negotiation

martcov

Leave won't be chaos now, we shall just walk away, pocket the dosh and say non, nein y no deal. Buy British people wherever possible, it's time to stop being bullied by these pricks. Love Europe but fuck the EU !

You do know that we cannot feed ourselves? Buying British won’t change that. Anyway Rees Mogg wants to open the floodgates to cheap imports ..

Sick Boy

Love that May is trying to dodge the no confidence vote by staying out of the country!

If the 48 letters are in, which is strongly being rumoured, they won't actually act on it until the Prime Minister is on UK soil.

If only May could have been so savvy in negotiations!

Hahaha! It appears she has no shame whatsoever. Perhaps we should just leave her to it and let her hide it out abroad

Sick Boy

You do know that we cannot feed ourselves? Buying British won’t change that. Anyway Rees Mogg wants to open the floodgates to cheap imports ..

Nevermind, there will be plenty of cheap imports coming in from America. Chlorinated chicken or chicken in a can?

Captain Dart

Nevermind, there will be plenty of cheap imports coming in from America. Chlorinated chicken or chicken in a can?

You keep bringing this up but there is no measurable market for processed chicken from the USA.
upload_2018-12-11_22-44-47.png

Last edited:

Grendel

All of which has been passed by the European food agency

Users who are viewing this thread