The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (21 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

We are all still waiting for imminent collapse of the EU which was triggered by Brexit. France, Holland, Austria and Italy all look set to leave as predicted by Farage and his leaver disciples. I’m surprised the whole continent hasn’t descended into anarchy and demanded referendums to leave too.
So who said all this? Oh Farage. Didn't have a clue. When was that?

So why not comment on other comments? Like what about the leaders of the countries in the EU wanting the EU to reform? Why isn't it happening?

Maybe too many are more Interested in what Farage says instead of the important things. It gives idiots like Farage a stage. The only people not interested in the EU reforming is those running the EU and those desperate to defend them. If the EU was run for the benefit of the people of the EU nobody would be interested in leaving. Nobody would care about oddbods like Farage.

But no. Point scoring first. Truth last.

martcov

So why not comment on other comments? Like what about the leaders of the countries in the EU wanting the EU to reform? Why isn't it happening?

Maybe too many are more Interested in what Farage says instead of the important things. It gives idiots like Farage a stage. The only people not interested in the EU reforming is those running the EU and those desperate to defend them. If the EU was run for the benefit of the people of the EU nobody would be interested in leaving. Nobody would care about oddbods like Farage.

It is run for the benefit of the people. National governments are responsible for wealth distribution in their countries.

Ashdown

It's run for the benefit of the United States of sausage suckers ! It means everyone dragged into it has to play by a set of rules whilst they do what they like. Others pay to build up the infrastructure of the Eastern Europeans so that they can spend their cash on German cars and other goods. It was devised so they could encourage and fund companies in the UK to relocate to lower cost production bases in Poland and Bohemia. It's bad enough losing jobs to China without the EU stealing them and getting us to pay for the privelege.

Sick Boy

Plenty on here were going on about it, I'm surprised that you didn't call them out on it during your quest to become the bastion of truth - perhaps I missed it?

You mean how it hasn't worked towards increasing consumer rights, sided with massive corporations and refused to enables citizens to use their mobile data across all countries of the union? Oh yeah, and not to mention how it sided with corporations and took a US-style view to those pesky things like paid annual leave.

Relatively speaking it is young and will continue to evolve and reform itself. I'm not sure why you are so worked up about it, you are a British citizen and your country is leaving next month.

I am actually shocked you are considering moving to a country within the EU as you clearly detest it.

SkyblueBazza

We are all still waiting for imminent collapse of the EU which was triggered by Brexit. France, Holland, Austria and Italy all look set to leave as predicted by Farage and his leaver disciples. I’m surprised the whole continent hasn’t descended into anarchy and demanded referendums to leave too.
It must have escaped your notice. We haven't left yet. So Brexit hasn't happened...let's wait to see if a. Brexit does actually happen b. This EU meltdown does happen & c. Let's wait for 10yrs or so.
Personally I think the EUs demise is undersirable, but entirely possible...& if it happens it will be of it's own making

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Brilliant quote on last silent witness this week. The opposite of truth is not a lie but chaos. That’s exactly right. In the age of no expertise and truth as one would like to see it is chaos

martcov

It's run for the benefit of the United States of sausage suckers ! It means everyone dragged into it has to play by a set of rules whilst they do what they like. Others pay to build up the infrastructure of the Eastern Europeans so that they can spend their cash on German cars and other goods. It was devised so they could encourage and fund companies in the UK to relocate to lower cost production bases in Poland and Bohemia. It's bad enough losing jobs to China without the EU stealing them and getting us to pay for the privelege.

Now that we are leaving you can kiss more jobs good bye. The EU will continue to protect it’s citizens and their jobs. The UK will be an insular third country with it’s people fed on bullshlt for decades and with a bit on inbred racism to boot. Your post explains my post very well. Ready to be fxxked over by the USA and China. According to others on here we will still be able to travel and live abroad and nothing will change trade wise, which makes the whole Brexit thing pretty meaningless apart from the potential damage to the economy and loss of influence in Europe.

Ashdown

Now that we are leaving you can kiss more jobs good bye. The EU will continue to protect it’s citizens and their jobs. The UK will be an insular third country with it’s people fed on bullshlt for decades and with a bit on inbred racism to boot. Your post explains my post very well. Ready to be fxxked over by the USA and China. According to others on here we will still be able to travel and live abroad and nothing will change trade wise, which makes the whole Brexit thing pretty meaningless apart from the potential damage to the economy and loss of influence in Europe.
I'm only pulling your err.......leg, you're getting too easy !! Still I see Holstein Kiel are having a reasonable season !

Astute

Plenty on here were going on about it, I'm surprised that you didn't call them out on it during your quest to become the bastion of truth - perhaps I missed it?

You mean how it hasn't worked towards increasing consumer rights, sided with massive corporations and refused to enables citizens to use their mobile data across all countries of the union? Oh yeah, and not to mention how it sided with corporations and took a US-style view to those pesky things like paid annual leave.

Relatively speaking it is young and will continue to evolve and reform itself. I'm not sure why you are so worked up about it, you are a British citizen and your country is leaving next month.

I am actually shocked you are considering moving to a country within the EU as you clearly detest it.
Why can you only see one side of the story?

Yes I want to move my family to France. But I am worried about the future of the EU.

The EU is young and evolving? That isn't an answer to why the leaders of the countries keep saying that the EU needs reform but there is no sign of reform.

So yes my mobile bill is lower when I am in EU countries. And.....errrrrr.......

So who haven't I called out? Why can't you keep to the truth. You make constant accusations against me but never back them up because you can't. That is because they are constant false accusations.

I don't hate the EU. But I dislike the way it is run. So does Merkel. So does Macron. So do the other leaders. But you? You don't allow a word to be said. It is all good to you.

Astute

Influence in Europe? When did that last happen?

The countries in the EU have less influence than some make out. The influence comes from the top. And guess what. It is top heavy with Germans. And the rules and regulations were broke to put the last German in THE top position although described as Junckers right hand man.

But yes knowing the truth is being anti EU I suppose.

martcov

Influence in Europe? When did that last happen?

The countries in the EU have less influence than some make out. The influence comes from the top. And guess what. It is top heavy with Germans. And the rules and regulations were broke to put the last German in THE top position although described as Junckers right hand man.

But yes knowing the truth is being anti EU I suppose.

The truth is that we had influence. We were in the big three with France and Germany. The SM and CU were pushed by us and the financial rules were set largely to suit us, which is one reason London is successful. You just repeat Daily Mail type crap and ignore the truth.

To suggest that we had no influence in the EU is just a lie.

The rules were not broken for Selmayr‘s appointment. I posted the rules. He was appointed as a case of urgency. Even the ombudswoman said that rules were not broken.

More lies from the neutral seeker of the truth.

Last edited:

Astute

The truth is that we had influence. We were in the big three with France and Germany. The SM and CU were pushed by us and the financial rules were set largely to suit us, which is one reason London is successful. You just repeat Daily Mail type crap and Samir is the truth.

To suggest that we had no influence in the EU is just a lie.

The rules were not broken for Selmayr‘s appointment. I posted the rules. He was appointed as a case of urgency. Even the ombudswoman said that rules were not broken.

More lies from the neutral seeker of the truth.
If the rules were not broke why did the investigation find that the rules were broke?

Ombudsman: Commission guilty of 'maladministration' in Selmayr appointment

Selmayr-gate: EU Commission 'broke own rules' in Selmayr appointment

Ombudswoman said rules were not broken? So just in case you have forgotten how to click on a link that proves you wrong....

Mr Selmayr's appointment did not follow EU law, and did not follow the Commission's own rules," the European Ombudsman Emily O Reilly has maintained,

Sick Boy

Yes I want to move my family to France. But I am worried about the future of the EU.

The EU is young and evolving? That isn't an answer to why the leaders of the countries keep saying that the EU needs reform but there is no sign of reform.

So yes my mobile bill is lower when I am in EU countries. And.....errrrrr.......

So who haven't I called out? Why can't you keep to the truth. You make constant accusations against me but never back them up because you can't. That is because they are constant false accusations.

I don't hate the EU. But I dislike the way it is run. So does Merkel. So does Macron. So do the other leaders. But you? You don't allow a word to be said. It is all good to you.

I’ve said countless time that it needs reform and in the long term it will do. Again, why are you so worried? The UK is going to be leaving, it would be nothing to do with you then- as someone ‘neutral’ you spend the most time on here criticising it.

If you’re unable to understand or appreciate how it has led to peacetime in Europe after 2 world wars within a relatively short period of time, then that’s your problem.

Your lack of calling people out has been brought up by several people. You are anything but neutral on this thread.

SkyblueBazza

I’ve said countless time that it needs reform and in the long term it will do. Again, why are you so worried? The UK is going to be leaving, it would be nothing to do with you then- as someone ‘neutral’ you spend the most time on here criticising it.

If you’re unable to understand or appreciate how it has led to peacetime in Europe after 2 world wars within a relatively short period of time, then that’s your problem.

Your lack of calling people out has been brought up by several people. You are anything but neutral on this thread.

"...& it will do" - but maybe not in a way that will sit right with the majority of it's 'citizens'. Or maybe it will? We shall wait the reforms with bated breath.

Why would we be worried? For the same reasons that some reforms & actions made by the USA affect us. Just that the EU being much closer to home makes it appear more of an issue if it goes pear-shaped.

As for peacetime...it has helped to forge a closer understanding & acceptance in Europe, but idealists risk forcing agenda through that threaten that very peace.

Astute

Who haven't I called out?

You constantly make allegations against me but never provide the slightest evidence.

So what makes you say the EU will reform? The leaders of the countries in the EU have been calling out for EU reform. What has happened so far? It would have to come from those who hold the power and don't want anything to change.

Why do I care? As you know I want to move my family to France. France will remain in the EU. So my family will be living in a country still ruled by the EU. Quite simple really.

There has only been peace in Europe because of the EU? Yeah OK.

Sick Boy

"...& it will do" - but maybe not in a way that will sit right with the majority of it's 'citizens'. Or maybe it will? We shall wait the reforms with bated breath.

Why would we be worried? For the same reasons that some reforms & actions made by the USA affect us. Just that the EU being much closer to home makes it appear more of an issue if it goes pear-shaped.

As for peacetime...it has helped to forge a closer understanding & acceptance in Europe, but idealists risk forcing agenda through that threaten that very peace.

I see you’re now starting up your own version of Project Fear then?

If that’s the case, then don’t you think it makes little sense to lose the country’s current say?

Sick Boy

Who haven't I called out?

You constantly make allegations against me but never provide the slightest evidence.

So what makes you say the EU will reform? The leaders of the countries in the EU have been calling out for EU reform. What has happened so far? It would have to come from those who hold the power and don't want anything to change.

Why do I care? As you know I want to move my family to France. France will remain in the EU. So my family will be living in a country still ruled by the EU. Quite simple really.

There has only been peace in Europe because of the EU? Yeah OK.

You’ve consistently failed to called leave voters on this thread, instead you’ve spent time liking their posts and them yours. It’s been commented on by multiple people on this thread.

Astute

You’ve consistently failed to called leave voters on this thread, instead you’ve spent time liking their posts and them yours. It’s been commented on by multiple people on this thread.
I have pulled them up each time they have come out with false information just like I pull you up each time you come out with false information. How about telling everyone the last time false information came from someone who would prefer to leave and I said nothing? Oh yes you can't. But don't worry. Someone will be along soon to agree with you.

Have a look. I don't 'like' many posts and not many of mine get a 'like'. That is because I don't care who comes out with wrong information. I pull them up on it. I'm not on here for the likes. I don't ignore the false information and lies like most on here that are desperate to remain. How many times have you pulled Mart up for his false information and lies? He knew about the investigation into Selmayr and the result. But he just tried to say the opposite was true. How many that will argue the toss about remaining will pull Mart up on his false information and lies? Yes not one. Then you try and say I do the same when it isn't true.

Nick

Administrator

If that’s the case, then don’t you think it makes little sense to lose the country’s current say?

giphy.gif

Brexit Britain.

martcov

That the EU is young and evolving is a fact. Macron and Merkel and everyone else think things could be improved upon. That is why it is evolving. Too slowly? Maybe. You seem to think that it is a sign of weakness that people keep wanting to make the EU better. It is a sign of strength. Leaving is a sign of weakness. Leaving without a detailed plan is stupidity. Farage says his plan is „independence, what’s wrong with that?“. That is idiotic, but some people are stupid enough to want to leave without a plan. You can’t make this up..., oh wait, you do.

Astute

That the EU is young and evolving is a fact. Macron and Merkel and everyone else think things could be improved upon. That is why it is evolving. Too slowly? Maybe. You seem to think that it is a sign of weakness that people keep wanting to make the EU better. It is a sign of strength. Leaving is a sign of weakness. Leaving without a detailed plan is stupidity. Farage says his plan is „independence, what’s wrong with that?“. That is idiotic, but some people are stupid enough to want to leave without a plan. You can’t make this up..., oh wait, you do.
The EU has been evolving since November 1st 1993. The problem is that it has been slowly taking power away from the leaders of the countries in the EU and handed to those running the EU.

This is a sign of strength? Correct. Those in charge of the EU are too strong and the leaders of the countries in the EU too weak.

So what have I said that is good about leaving without a plan? Yes absolutely nothing. Why do you have to lie on this thread all the time? The lies you come out with won't keep us in the EU. Just like the lies you come out with about those who run the EU. All is not well. The leaders of the countries in the EU tell you that all is not well. That is why they want reform. Even Merkel wants reform. But there is nothing she can do. So even the leader of the biggest and strongest country can't do anything. Yet you make out that it is a good thing and makes the EU stronger.

martcov

I have pulled them up each time they have come out with false information just like I pull you up each time you come out with false information. How about telling everyone the last time false information came from someone who would prefer to leave and I said nothing? Oh yes you can't. But don't worry. Someone will be along soon to agree with you.

Have a look. I don't 'like' many posts and not many of mine get a 'like'. That is because I don't care who comes out with wrong information. I pull them up on it. I'm not on here for the likes. I don't ignore the false information and lies like most on here that are desperate to remain. How many times have you pulled Mart up for his false information and lies? He knew about the investigation into Selmayr and the result. But he just tried to say the opposite was true. How many that will argue the toss about remaining will pull Mart up on his false information and lies? Yes not one. Then you try and say I do the same when it isn't true.

I don’t lie. You just claim I do and make things up - as you just have yet again. The Selmayr lie is a classic. His appointment may have been dodgy, but was allowed to stand because it did not break the rules. The ombudswoman has since been criticised for not having interviewed the people at the meeting and for misquoting her report in her press release. That is the truth. I now await Astute‘s version.

martcov

The EU has been evolving since November 1st 1993. The problem is that it has been slowly taking power away from the leaders of the countries in the EU and handed to those running the EU.

This is a sign of strength? Correct. Those in charge of the EU are too strong and the leaders of the countries in the EU too weak.

So what have I said that is good about leaving without a plan? Yes absolutely nothing. Why do you have to lie on this thread all the time? The lies you come out with won't keep us in the EU. Just like the lies you come out with about those who run the EU. All is not well. The leaders of the countries in the EU tell you that all is not well. That is why they want reform. Even Merkel wants reform. But there is nothing she can do. So even the leader of the biggest and strongest country can't do anything. Yet you make out that it is a good thing and makes the EU stronger.

The EU members such as Macron, want to reform the EU to make it work better. This involved more power for EU institutions. Some want that, some don’t. It is not a dictatorship so there has to be agreement. You seem to be for reform, but against the necessary measures. You are trying to paint a false picture by taking a contradictory stance.. as usual.

More lies from you and another false accusation against me.

martcov

Those in charge of the EU are the heads of EU states and the parliament. Are you saying the heads of state are too strong for the heads of state?

martcov

Commission slams Ombudsman’s ‘incorrect’ Selmayrgate report

The other version.

martcov

Well, the good news is that the parliament has accepted the ombudswoman‘s view over Oettinger‘s and concluded that the case of urgency was deliberately created and asked has for Selmayr‘s resignation. If that takes place and Juncker goes at the end of his term, then you should be happy. Me too because it shows there are transparent procedures in the EU which is good for everyone.

Parliament calls for Selmayr’s resignation in landslide vote

Astute

Well, the good news is that the parliament has accepted the ombudswoman‘s view over Oettinger‘s and concluded that the case of urgency was deliberately created and asked has for Selmayr‘s resignation. If that takes place and Juncker goes at the end of his term, then you should be happy. Me too because it shows there are transparent procedures in the EU which is good for everyone.

So only 3% voted for him to keep his position.

368 MEPs (71%) voted in favour of Selmayr’s resignation, while 135 abstained (26.1%) and 15 (3%) voted against. Of the 15 votes against, 13 are from the centre-right European People’s Party (EPP) to which Juncker and Selmayr are affiliated.

But look at the date. It was last year and nothing has happened. This is what I have been saying. Those at the top hold all the power. They ignore what everyone else says. And when they are caught breaking the rules and regulations they continue as before. The leaders of the countries in the EU want to change this. But they can't as change has to come from the top. They only put in place those who want it to continue as it is.

Do you understand why it is a worry to me as well as most people involved in the EU?

SkyblueBazza

My own version of project fear?

What you refer to is the whole point at issue for many. We have a meaningful say only on paper really. The set up allows single nations like ours to be dictated to by 27 others...who have been influenced by the EU manderins.

A bit like the relationship between London & the rest of us in the UK works, except much further removed from us.

Grendel

Lol salymar just said no thanks and continues to have his snout in the top table trough

martcov

So only 3% voted for him to keep his position.

368 MEPs (71%) voted in favour of Selmayr’s resignation, while 135 abstained (26.1%) and 15 (3%) voted against. Of the 15 votes against, 13 are from the centre-right European People’s Party (EPP) to which Juncker and Selmayr are affiliated.

But look at the date. It was last year and nothing has happened. This is what I have been saying. Those at the top hold all the power. They ignore what everyone else says. And when they are caught breaking the rules and regulations they continue as before. The leaders of the countries in the EU want to change this. But they can't as change has to come from the top. They only put in place those who want it to continue as it is.

Do you understand why it is a worry to me as well as most people involved in the EU?

„The European Parliament debated the issue and passed a resolution in plenary on 18 April 2018. Given the facts of the inquiry, the Ombudsman agrees with its assessment that the affair damaged trust in EU institutions and that the double-appointments “stretched and possibly even overstretched the limits of the law”.“

It is a large organisation. There will be things like this. Main thing is that we have all the reports... from both sides. Do we have anything on May appointing her loyal lieutenant as head of the UK civil service?

I don’t know what will happen about him resigning. May come under employment law.

martcov

My own version of project fear?

What you refer to is the whole point at issue for many. We have a meaningful say only on paper really. The set up allows single nations like ours to be dictated to by 27 others...who have been influenced by the EU manderins.

A bit like the relationship between London & the rest of us in the UK works, except much further removed from us.

Do you really think that 27 countries are only interested in dictating to the UK? And that the heads of state of these countries have been influenced by EU mandarins to dictate to Britain?

Our MEPs and PM are only meaningful on paper? They have no say in anything?

Pure Faragism.

Astute

„The European Parliament debated the issue and passed a resolution in plenary on 18 April 2018. Given the facts of the inquiry, the Ombudsman agrees with its assessment that the affair damaged trust in EU institutions and that the double-appointments “stretched and possibly even overstretched the limits of the law”.“

It is a large organisation. There will be things like this. Main thing is that we have all the reports... from both sides. Do we have anything on May appointing her loyal lieutenant as head of the UK civil service?

I don’t know what will happen about him resigning. May come under employment law.
Can you put a link of the May one up?

Large organisation so things like this will.happen? That is no excuse for someone to be given the top EU job. The job he has got can't be taken away from him at any time. And you now agree that he shouldn't have got it.

The Ombudsman...... Or woman as such said

Mr Selmayr's appointment did not follow EU law, and did not follow the Commission's own rules," the European Ombudsman Emily O Reilly has maintained,

And that was off a link you supplied.

You then tried to say about the commission slamming the first finding. She spoke out after the first finding and those who run the EU slamming what the first enquiry found.

Whichever way you word it he shouldn't have got the position. Both enquiries say the same. Only 15 out of 518 MEP's voted for him to keep his position. And 13 of them are affiliated to Selmayr and Juncker. Yet nothing has happened.

Then you and others constantly tell us that we have a big say in the EU through our MEP's. Is this the same big say that gets ignored when it suits those who run the EU?

Astute

Do you really think that 27 countries are only interested in dictating to the UK? And that the heads of state of these countries have been influenced by EU mandarins to dictate to Britain?

Our MEPs and PM are only meaningful on paper? They have no say in anything?

Pure Faragism.
See post above. The leaders of the other countries want reform. The MEP's want Selmayr gone.

It isn't even worth the paper it is written on so far.

Users who are viewing this thread