The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (4 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David O'Day

Is this the thread when Grenners decided he had the greatest idea to make the UK great again and it was to devalue the pound?

The comedy as both left and right laughed at him.

That was back when he was pretend to be a successful businessman

Grendel

Is this the thread when Grenners decided he had the greatest idea to make the UK great again and it was to devalue the pound?

The comedy as both left and right laughed at him.

That was back when he was pretend to be a successful businessman

Oh dear it’s Meths O Clock again

PVA

25% of people think Brexit is going well and that's apparently a strong result for Brexiters? 😂

Just admit you were lied to and it's a shit show.

D

Deleted member 11652

25% of people think Brexit is going well and that's apparently a strong result for Brexiters? 😂

Just admit you were lied to and it's a shit show.

Don’t you hate Europeans? I think you prefer them to women tbf

Sky Blue Pete

I think the reality is that those sectors that traditionally relied on temporary immigration are indeed having to stump up more, whilst the economic outlook for other sectors remains to be understood. Personally, I'm in favour of a rationalisation in the service sector and in parts of farming if it means improved wages, tenure and training offer (which is what some reports are saying), at the expense of higher prices at the till and a possibly a rationalisation of consumption. I fully appreciate that not all will share this view.

On a slightly different tact, I see the Govt is making noises about dropping the degree entry into the civil service, to focus more on apprenticeships and relevant work industry experience, not least in the hope that it encourages a move away from a degrees-only culture. Not a bad thing, I think.
There’s not even a need for 5 gcse including English and maths and hasn’t been for years to enter the civil service

PVA

Don’t you hate Europeans? I think you prefer them to women tbf

I'm massively pro-remain and massively pro-freedom of movement, and you think that means I hate Europeans? 🙄

You never did answer me - are you for or against freedom of movement?

D

Deleted member 11652

I'm massively pro-remain and massively pro-freedom of movement, and you think that means I hate Europeans? 🙄

You never did answer me - are you for or against freedom of movement?

We all know the reason you’re pro - freedom of movement and it’s not nice. Are you massively pro - women’s rights?

D

Deleted member 4439

There’s not even a need for 5 gcse including English and maths and hasn’t been for years to enter the civil service

Fair play, not referring to roles such as AO and EO. Certain roles at HEO will require a degree. Most roles at SEO and above will express a preference for a degree in my Department certainly. Indeed, I once hired a lad who after he'd accepted the post rang me to confess that he didn't have a degree. I was relaxed about it though it take some squaring off with HR.

Last edited by a moderator:

PVA

We all know the reason you’re pro - freedom of movement and it’s not nice. Are you massively pro - women’s rights?

I'm pro freedom of movement for all manner of reasons, all of them good. Fuck off with your unfounded accusations that you've just parroted off your hero Grendel.

You still haven't answered. It's a very simple question. Are you for or against freedom of movement?

D

Deleted member 11652

I'm pro freedom of movement for all manner of reasons, all of them good. Fuck off with your unfounded accusations that you've just parroted off your hero Grendel.

You still haven't answered. It's a very simple question. Are you for or against freedom of movement?

Grendel is no longer my hero as he didn’t follow me back on Twitter. Sorry to disappoint

SBT

I think that trade deal is of more strategic importance than economic importance tbh. Not going to transform our economy overnight (although I’m sure some government ministers will spin it that way regardless) but it’s a good thing for us to be part of it.

PVA

Yes exactly - it's not a bad thing, no bad will come of it. But as you say it's the ridiculous spin surrounding it that is just way over the top.

It’sabatch87

Nothings changed to be fair.
The only reason I voted leave was because of the smug remainers thinking they’ll piss it.
Whether they were left,Right or whatever.
My vote had nothing to do with Farage.
Just wanted to give the establishment a bloody nose.
There you go there’s my answer.
What’s your reason for the way you voted?
👍

PVA

That's fair enough and you're obviously entitled to vote however you wish and for whatever reasons you wish, but that's just such an odd stance to take.

How exactly have 'the establishment' been given a bloody nose?
How is voting to make the country worse off just to spite a group of people a good thing?

I voted Remain for many reasons - being part of the EU is clearly incredibly beneficial and we're finding that out the hard way now.

SBAndy

The only reason I voted leave was because of the smug remainers thinking they’ll piss it.
👍

Ah yes, the establishment really felt that. To be honest, I don’t know how they’ll ever recover from a true ‘man of the people’ and tearaway [checks notes] Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson becoming PM.

Skybluefaz

👍
Siding with the plucky underdog below to give the establishment a bloody nose. Let us know when you realise.
2048.jpg

Sick Boy

👍
The likes of Johnson, Gove, Farage etc are all part of an elite establishment.

skybluetony176

Seriously, who are the establishment and how has Brexit given them a bloody nose? Genuine question.
Is it the same 3 super rich, non dom, murdered teenage girl phone bugging , families that own the majority of MSM while pretending to be in the minority promoted Brexit on behalf of hedge funds, elitists and other non doms such as Dyson? They really had their noses bloodied on this.

It’sabatch87

Seriously, who are the establishment and how has Brexit given them a bloody nose? Genuine question.
Politicians on the left and right so smug like Paddy Pantsdown rip I’ll eat my hat if leave win.
They don’t understand the working man whether they are left or right.

PVA

Politicians on the left and right so smug like Paddy Pantsdown rip I’ll eat my hat if leave win.

But all Brexit has done, and will continue to do, is make those type of people richer while everyone else gets poorer. I really don't think that's the bloody nose you think it is

skybluetony176

Unlike Rees-Mogg, Lord Dyson, Lord Bamford, The Barclay brothers, The Murdoch family, Aaron Banks etc etc etc. People who basically want to get richer at the expense of the working man and promoted Brexit.

shmmeee

Fascinated by how one extreme hated by centrist politicians on both sides gets public support while another gets lambasted. Farage and Corbyn were basically the same message. I do wonder whether if Brexit hadn’t been a thing Corbyn would’ve won a GE tapping into the same feeling.

It’sabatch87

Fascinated by how one extreme hated by centrist politicians on both sides gets public support while another gets lambasted. Farage and Corbyn were basically the same message. I do wonder whether if Brexit hadn’t been a thing Corbyn would’ve won a GE tapping into the same feeling.
Corbyn had cosied up to terrorist organisations so he’d never had got in in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread