The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (19 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clint van damme

Did we have an emergency budget at the point of result of the referendum and growing number of tombstones as Europe returns to war? The remain campaign gave no positives just doom laden scenarios upon leaving

Of course there was some wild exaggeration.
But a lot of what is happening now was predicted. Of course it's early days but at the moment it's difficult to see any positives.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Did we have an emergency budget at the point of result of the referendum and growing number of tombstones as Europe returns to war? The remain campaign gave no positives just doom laden scenarios upon leaving

Explain how you can say things will be massively better than they are now if we carry on doing what we're doing?

Only option is to say "this isn't great, leaving will be worse". And they've largely been proved right and in some cases wildly optimistic so far.

As for the return to war, that wasn't going to happen immediately was it. We weren't going to sign the withdrawal agreement then declare war (or vice versa). But what is will do it create a sense of animosity and a sense of superiority (which is much of what the likes of BJ and JRM are playing too) or blaming everyone else for your problems (most of the others, esp patel). Those over time lead to a situation whereby the chances of you wanting to impose your way of doing things on others or getting retribution upon them for the problems escalates. The entire thing is based on blaming immigrants and foreign powers. It's the road Nazi Germany started on.

D

Deleted member 4439

No it wasn't. It was used by leavers to describe the doom and gloom predictions of remainers.

Ah yes, I see what you mean, in terms of the use of the term. I thought you were referring to the basis of the act.

I don't agree at all that any of the claims over the economic dangers of Brexit have come to pass or could be faithfully assessed for another five years, but I don't want to get into that. (But agree that the term was applied by the 'brexit' side)

clint van damme

Ah yes, I see what you mean, in terms of the use of the term. I thought you were referring to the basis of the act.

I don't agree at all that any of the claims over the economic dangers of Brexit have come to pass or could be faithfully assessed for another five years, but I don't want to get into that.

Well the immediate effects can be assessed, then reassessed year by year ongoing but I agree that's far from the end of the story. It will be a long time before we get the complete picture.

Astute

Well the immediate effects can be assessed, then reassessed year by year ongoing but I agree that's far from the end of the story. It will be a long time before we get the complete picture.
It could still go both ways if you now want to look at it long term instead. But this has never been a proper debate on here from day 1.

Just look at it from a couple of weeks ago. Fishing is hardly worth anything to the economy. But once it happens there is propaganda to be had so those who say it isn't important now suddenly say it.is important.

So what fear factor was worse than going to war with thousands of deaths, banks collapsing and unemployment shooting up? House prices collapsing was another one but many welcomed that.

clint van damme

It could still go both ways if you now want to look at it long term instead. But this has never been a proper debate on here from day 1.

Just look at it from a couple of weeks ago. Fishing is hardly worth anything to the economy. But once it happens there is propaganda to be had so those who say it isn't important now suddenly say it.is important.

So what fear factor was worse than going to war with thousands of deaths, banks collapsing and unemployment shooting up? House prices collapsing was another one but many welcomed that.

I never once said there'd be war or the banks would collapse.
I did predict the problems with the ports and the bullshit around the fabled 40 trade deals.
I didn't think this fishing shit show would happen, and it's come as a bit of a shock to the fishermen as well by the sound of it.

Astute

I did predict the problems with the ports and the bullshit around the fabled 40 trade deals.
I didn't think this fishing shit show would happen, and it's come as a bit of a shock to the fishermen as well by the sound of it.
You might not have but that was project fear.

What should have happened was the truth told. There was a lot of people undecided which way to vote and it didn't help swing it the way of remain.

Sick Boy

If they put their faith in the likes of De Pfeffel then they only have themselves to blame. They should just be pleased that the fish are happier being British fish.

clint van damme

You might not have but that was project fear.

What should have happened was the truth told. There was a lot of people undecided which way to vote and it didn't help swing it the way of remain.

Truth told? Like if we don't leave we'll be flooded with millions of Turks.

fernandopartridge

The transition period was also a farce, how are businesses and individuals suppose to prepare and get ready when a deal is secured a week before the end of it?

I work in public procurement, and the Crown Commercial Service (an agency of the Cabinet Office) was as in the dark. It's an utter farce but at least it isn't Diane Abbott eh

skybluetony176

The definition of madness. Doing the same things expecting different results

Sick Boy

The definition of madness. Doing the same things expecting different results

Good luck with that....

clint van damme

Good luck with that....

When IDS starts playing the human rights card you just know there's an.ulterior motive. He's never bothered about them before. Though he does have a point.

Evo1883

Yeah on the face of it, it would be a good result of Brexit, that.

Would love to see government try and explain why just about every good going suddenly rocketed up in price, mind you...
I'd like them to explain why they feel it necessary to cut universal credit for 700k families in the middle of a pandemic and with brexit in its infancy... The fucking wank stains, horrible bastards

clint van damme

I'd like them to explain why they feel it necessary to cut universal credit for 700k families in the middle of a pandemic and with brexit in its infancy... The fucking wank stains, horrible bastards

and to make matters worse they're doctoring videos to make out everyone should be grateful because it would be worse under labour

Starmer needs to come out swinging for once, learn from Corbyns mistakes. There's no civil discord with these sneaky fuckers

shmmeee

and to make matters worse they're doctoring videos to make out everyone should be grateful because it would be worse under labour

Starmer needs to come out swinging for once, learn from Corbyns mistakes. There's no civil discord with these sneaky fuckers

Scummy pieces of shit happy to drive this country to the same end as the States if it keeps them in power. Abhorrent.

I can respect a Ken Clarke or even a Phillip Hammond no matter how wrong I think they are. This lot of slimy, whiny, trolly, middle management cast offs can get in the fucking bin.

skybluetony176

When IDS starts playing the human rights card you just know there's an.ulterior motive. He's never bothered about them before. Though he does have a point.
China is the new EU. IDS is just jumping on another Farage ticket.

All they’re really doing is showing how disingenuous they are on anything and everything. The leave campaigns were widely fought on the premise that we need to leave the EU to strike trade deals with emerging markets such as China, now we’re out the EU the tune has to change so they can scare the gullible into voting for them on a new enemy.

skybluetony176

Stop paying into the EU to look after our own. Cut international aid to look after our own. Who is our own exactly? Not initially our children going hungry in school holidays until the government is embarrassed into a U turn. Not U.K. families struggling to make ends meet in a massive economic downturn during a pandemic. Who is “our own”.

clint van damme

China is the new EU. IDS is just jumping on another Farage ticket.

All they’re really doing is showing how disingenuous they are on anything and everything. The leave campaigns were widely fought on the premise that we need to leave the EU to strike trade deals with emerging markets such as China, now we’re out the EU the tune has to change so they can scare the gullible into voting for them on a new enemy.

let's hope Farage's next big battle is trying not to get extradited to the States though I think Assange will get pardoned tomorrow so I'm not sure if that will bring that saga to an end.

skybluetony176

let's hope Farage's next big battle is trying not to get extradited to the States though I think Assange will get pardoned tomorrow so I'm not sure if that will bring that saga to an end.
It’s amazing how quickly he’s abandoned the fishing industry. Spent all day yesterday complaining that asylum seekers protested yesterday in Wales breaking lockdown rules yet couldn’t muster a single word of support for the Scottish fishing industry protesting in London today. Complete scum bag user.

shmmeee

Stop paying into the EU to look after our own. Cut international aid to look after our own. Who is our own exactly? Not initially our children going hungry in school holidays until the government is embarrassed into a U turn. Not U.K. families struggling to make ends meet in a massive economic downturn during a pandemic. Who is “our own”.

You know, our own! Like James Dyson and Tim Martin, or the Rees-Moggs.

Astute

Truth told? Like if we don't leave we'll be flooded with millions of Turks.
You just don't get it do you.

What do you think you will gain from trying to hide what happened on one side yet highlight everything on the other side? Certainly won't change anyone's mind. If anything it will make them go the other way. I'm in no doubt of this. I wanted and needed remain. I call out the lies on both sides. Yet the vast majority of idiots having a go at me for this are remainers. So I can only imagine how bad it is for those who wanted to leave.

So let's try again. Remain was set on project fear. Thousands of graves, unemployment to shoot up, shares to crash, house prices to crash and banks in trouble to name but a few. But if the truth had been told I am sure it would have been a different result.

clint van damme

You just don't get it do you.

What do you think you will gain from trying to hide what happened on one side yet highlight everything on the other side? Certainly won't change anyone's mind. If anything it will make them go the other way. I'm in no doubt of this. I wanted and needed remain. I call out the lies on both sides. Yet the vast majority of idiots having a go at me for this are remainers. So I can only imagine how bad it is for those who wanted to leave.

So let's try again. Remain was set on project fear. Thousands of graves, unemployment to shoot up, shares to crash, house prices to crash and banks in trouble to name but a few. But if the truth had been told I am sure it would have been a different result.

You don't call out both sides. You keep saying you do but you don't.
See my reply to Grendel. I admitted there were some wild claim by remain.
But there was also scaremongering from leave which for some reason you refuse to acknowledge.

What I am looking at now is the reality of what's happening. And I appreciate some of the issue may, and probably will be, ironed out. But as things stand there are issues happening which we were told wouldn't when they were previously predicted.

shmmeee

It’s not the end of the world is it? But it’s a proper faff. Extra twenty quid here, few extra forms there. Just pointless faff and red tape. Obviously slow economic decline as well as our GDP shrinks, but day to day just faff and minor annoyances.

Astute

You don't call out both sides. You keep saying you do but you don't.
See my reply to Grendel. I admitted there were some wild claim by remain.
But there was also scaremongering from leave which for some reason you refuse to acknowledge.

What I am looking at now is the reality of what's happening. And I appreciate some of the issue may, and probably will be, ironed out. But as things stand there are issues happening which we were told wouldn't when they were previously predicted.
Why do I have Grendel following me around like a bad smell then? Yes. Because I keep pulling him up on the bullshit he comes out with when he tries to make the Tories look better.

Yes there are issues. Would you like to point out where I have ever defended the Tories at all? Of course you don't because it has never happened. Your problem with me is I could see that Corbyn was going to be a disaster for Labour. You and many others either couldn't see it or you just didn't want to admit to it. You also didn't like it when I pointed out how the EU broke their own rules/regulations/laws. But strangely enough not 9nce have you ever made a comment when I have ripped into the Tories, Farage or anyone else you detest. And all because you never have a proper answer to what I say against what you preach about.

Scaremongering from leave that I have defended or ignored? For once how about showing everyone where I have done so instead of making things up. It was you that tried to make out that remain wasn't project fear. I pointed out that it was the total plan of remain and also the totally wrong plan. Just being truthful would have most probably meant a totally different result. But you and others don't seem to like the truth.

Yes it has become a bloody joke.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

It’s not the end of the world is it? But it’s a proper faff. Extra twenty quid here, few extra forms there. Just pointless faff and red tape. Obviously slow economic decline as well as our GDP shrinks, but day to day just faff and minor annoyances.

At GDP level it isn't, but at small business level it is disastrous. I thought the alleged party of business would be sympathetic to it but so wrapped up are they in dogma, they're ignoring it.

clint van damme

Why do I have Grendel following me around like a bad smell then? Yes. Because I keep pulling him up on the bullshit he comes out with when he tries to make the Tories look better.

Yes there are issues. Would you like to point out where I have ever defended the Tories at all? Of course you don't because it has never happened. Your problem with me is I could see that Corbyn was going to be a disaster for Labour. You and many others either couldn't see it or you just didn't want to admit to it. You also didn't like it when I pointed out how the EU broke their own rules/regulations/laws. But strangely enough not 9nce have you ever made a comment when I have ripped into the Tories, Farage or anyone else you detest. And all because you never have a proper answer to what I say against what you preach about.

Scaremongering from leave that I have defended or ignored? For once how about showing everyone where I have done so instead of making things up. It was you that tried to make out that remain wasn't project fear. I pointed out that it was the total plan of remain and also the totally wrong plan. Just being truthful would have most probably meant a totally different result. But you and others don't seem to like the truth.

Yes it has become a bloody joke.

I've read some nonsense on here but fuck me!! At least it's not normally as long winded!

Users who are viewing this thread