The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (16 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

Looks like the free to have Freeport’s bollocks has been touted again today. Distraction obviously needed from the facts coming out over the half baked deal. With regards to the facts of us being free to open Freeport’s see link below.

Brighton Sky Blue

Looks like the free to have Freeport’s bollocks has been touted again today. Distraction obviously needed from the facts coming out over the half baked deal. With regards to the facts of us being free to open Freeport’s see link below.

The union sacrificed at the altar of Brexit, who’d have thought.

skybluetony176

Don’t disagree with last sentence about lack of understanding of the issue and options relating to it (it was never really discussed in detail prior to the vote). Not quite sure I’m blaming the GFA though...I was saying that its a major consideration when seeking a solution to the problem
Just on Channel 4 news Steve. 1 food wholesaler based in Larne bringing in 500-600 consignments a day from the mainland U.K.. Next year crossing the U.K. to U.K. border will need 500-600 import declarations and then each consignment will need the unique to the U.K. to U.K. border line by line declarations on each consignment. So basically if one of those consignments has 100 lines on its accompanying invoice that 1 consignment will need 101 declarations whereas previously it would have needed zero declarations. All under the watching eyes of EU customs officers in the U.K. where previously there was non. It’s not beyond the realms of possibilities that 500 consignments could raise over a thousand declarations day in day out. Brexit reality.

Ian1779

Weve just had a 12 month transitional period which we’ve wasted playing stupid political games about fish.
Do you think the British fish tell the European fish to go back to their own waters? (only the Brexit voting ones - not the sour faces Remainer fish)

Skybluefaz

Do you think the British fish tell the European fish to go back to their own waters? (only the Brexit voting ones - not the sour faces Remainer fish)
There was a piece in the FT I saw tweeted out today with a message that remainers 'should not gloat' about Brexit failings. For this reason I think all UK fishing boats should be called gloaty mcgloatface from the 1st of January.

Ian1779

There was a piece in the FT I saw tweeted out today with a message that remainers 'should not gloat' about Brexit failings. For this reason I think all UK fishing boats should be called gloaty mcgloatface from the 1st of January.
As long as we keep one back to be called HMS We’re Fucked

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's all a nonsense anyway, who gloats about shitting themselves just because you predicted you would shat your pants? At the end of the day you are still covered in shit.

Also it's predicting you're going to shit yourself if someone else put laxatives in everything because they think everyone's constipated.

You don't want to shit yourself, you're trying hard not to shit yourself, you're telling others not to make everyone else shit themselves but ultimately you've still shit yourself. That's nothing to gloat over.

Sky Blue Pete

Should do an up to date survey see what’s changed now we know more about the complete liars and cheats who ran the leave campaign and are trying to tell us how great a no deal is

wingy

Also it's predicting you're going to shit yourself if someone else put laxatives in everything because they think everyone's constipated.

You don't want to shit yourself, you're trying hard not to shit yourself, you're telling others not to make everyone else shit themselves but ultimately you've still shit yourself. That's nothing to gloat over.
Sounds like a day out at Wembley.

stupot07

One year apart, perfect symmetry

813fe0d8874dd9997e05f3a368ae659a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It’sabatch87

Honestly didn't think he'd be thick headed enough to not get the deal done. Changed my mind today. He'd actually going to fucking do it the c**t.
Life will go on deal with it,My boss was moaning about giving pay rises this year(we are a manufacturer)Which deals mostly in Europe then let it slip to our European customers that we have in place a thing called ‘Inward process relief’ which is all arranged already with customs so we won’t be affected according to him.

Skybluefaz

Life will go on deal with it,My boss was moaning about giving pay rises this year(we are a manufacturer)Which deals mostly in Europe then let it slip to our European customers that we have in place a thing called ‘Inward process relief’ which is all arranged already with customs so we won’t be affected according to him.
As long as you are alright hey.

Skybluefaz

Do you not think it will affect you logistically?

Skybluefaz

Life will go on though. They just need to deal with it

skybluetony176

IPR is for goods you import then re-export. If you’re manufacturing in the U.K. not sure how you can take advantage of that.

chiefdave

No not at all I suspect a lot of companies have this in place after years of European trading if they haven’t after 4 years someone needs sacking at these companies.
How can companies have something in place for Jan 1st when they still, with only days to go, don't know what terms they'll be operating under.

skybluetony176

By the way, your boss didn’t let anything slip. IPR has been around for as long as I can remember and is used throughout the EU. Might even have been their idea in the first place.

skybluetony176

How can companies have something in place for Jan 1st when they still, with only days to go, don't know what terms they'll be operating under.
You don’t need to be registered. The shipping agent will be registered and can do it on your behalf and charge you a fee. That can be a set fee per shipment or a percentage of the value of the invoice value of the shipment.

skybluetony176

It is a good point though. People could register for it and then not need it. Problem is a lot of businesses in the U.K. that work overseas have built their business on the single market and never worked outside of it so don’t understand things like IPR, declarations etc because they’ve never needed too. Bloody free market.

skybluetony176

Our shipments to the eu are now going to be dealt with by DHL as DPD our normal carrier cannot process consignments sent under IPR.
It’s your EU customer that will use IPR as the importer(hence Inward) unless they’re not re-exporting on. In which case they’ll have to pay duty and tax. DHL is an international carrier so will be well versed, not sure about DPD.

shmmeee

Yes life will go on, but at a lower quality. And some people who’s quality of life is already pretty low will get pushed off the edge, so maybe it won’t go on for them.

That’s why we have an economy and have to find ways to keep growing it. That’s why we’re the first nation in history to choose to make ourselves poorer. Just because you can afford your food bill to rise and there to be fewer jobs doesn’t mean everyone can.

oakey

A Shakespearean tragedy ...
Act 1
Some malicious twats put a stupid idea into the head of the protagonist
Witches - Macbeth
Dead dad - Hamlet
Vain daughters- King Lear
Henchman Iago - Othello
Brexit - Farage, Hannon, Cummings, Rees- Mogg, Bone, Banks et al

Acts 2 & 3
Friends of protagonist's try to stop him ruining everything whilst he refuses and claims it is his destiny to proceed

Acts 4 & 5
Disaster unfolds which nobody can stop until everyone is dead at the end

Epilogue
Bystander enters says - what the hell happened?

The end

clint van damme

even the government are predicting 280,000 job losses (so you can be sure it will be higher), loss to livelihood which is totally avoidable but deal with it eh?
And your post has no bearing on how supply chains will be disrupted.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Our shipments to the eu are now going to be dealt with by DHL as DPD our normal carrier cannot process consignments sent under IPR.

So in a few posts it's gone from will not be affected to having to change your carrier.

Maybe not the biggest headache in the world but an issue that had to be sorted that didn't otherwise.

clint van damme

So in a few posts it's gone from will not be affected to having to change your carrier.

Maybe not the biggest headache in the world but an issue that had to be sorted that didn't otherwise.

That's fuck all. In 4 years it's gone from bright new dawn to no tariffs on soy sauce and we won't run out of food

Users who are viewing this thread