The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (25 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

So you admit now that the alternative arrangements might not work? And it would only be in the customs union which was fine by most people during the campaign for the referendum.

Alternatively wait for technology to offer a solution or keep NI in the CU and put the border at see, which was also discussed and changed, by us (a concession).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you sure about the customs union? That would make it difficult at best to make trade deals with anyone else.

Astute

It highlights the errors in your post and as usual you just ignore it and try and skirt around it.

You never answer any of my questions.

I try my best to answer yours but this one makes no sense. Are you asking why leavers didn’t vote for Mays deal?

So yet again questions don't get answered by yourself. Because the only truthful answer doesn't go with the point that you are trying to make.

djr8369

Are you sure about the customs union? That would make it difficult at best to make trade deals with anyone else.

As it was discussed in earnest I assume it would be achievable. I assume just a case of the none CU nations making trade agreements without NI involved. Long term might lead to a united Ireland but keeping the whole union together is looking extremely unlikely anyway.

djr8369

So yet again questions don't get answered by yourself. Because the only truthful answer doesn't go with the point that you are trying to make.

If you look back through our post you’ll find it’s you who often doesn’t answer questions. I fact you’ve just done it when I’ve asked you to clarify what your question is.

Astute

Astute

If you look back through our post you’ll find it’s you who often doesn’t answer questions. I fact you’ve just done it when I’ve asked you to clarify what your question is.

My question was very clear. And I have answered just about every question. The problem is that you don't like the answers but know I am correct.

Astute

What point are you trying to make?

You said it would be achievable to make trade deals if we joined the customs union. The Guardian says different.

djr8369

You said it would be achievable to make trade deals if we joined the customs union. The Guardian says different.

Nope. I said if NI effectively stayed in the customs union but the other countries left then presumably the other countries could make trade deals, as this was the original plan until the previous government got the concession to move the border from the sea so they could be seen as keeping the union together.

djr8369

That says it all :smuggrin::emoji_see_no_evil:

004d9cdfdd18057ce7e7fd6e8f298ff5.jpg

skybluetony176

No timescale on the backstop is there?

But if the easiest trade deal in history because the Germans still want to sell us cars and the french cheese happens as per the promises of all involved in campaigning for brexit happens (official and otherwise, I'll also point out that the PM repeated this again in his recent leadership campaign) then the no timescale is irrelevant. Unless of course they were lying to us during them campaigns.

It's looking more and more like the brexit campaigns were a Trojan horse to get a no deal brexit.

lifeskyblue

I see Jacob Rees Mogg has rebelled against the Tory whip almost 100 times in nine years. He was rewarded by being appointed Leader of the House of Commons.

Whilst David Gauke has never rebelled against the Tory whip in 14 years until last night. He was rewarded with expulsion from the Tory party.

lifeskyblue

This from The Canary made me smile

Rees-Mogg (verb): to slump, at first gently, then sharply, to a position of utter uselessness.

a872412ebe0a04b194b688ccf7be3690.jpg

djr8369

This from The Canary made me smile

Rees-Mogg (verb): to slump, at first gently, then sharply, to a position of utter uselessness.

a872412ebe0a04b194b688ccf7be3690.jpg

I don’t think this image will endear him to the common man whose side he has tried to pretend he’s on.

shmmeee

I see Jacob Rees Mogg has rebelled against the Tory whip almost 100 times in nine years. He was rewarded by being appointed Leader of the House of Commons.

Whilst David Gauke has never rebelled against the Tory whip in 14 years until last night. He was rewarded with expulsion from the Tory party.

The hypocrisy is hilarious. Michael Howard on R4 this morning was all “if you vote against the governments major policy of the day, you should be kicked out”.

You mean like Johnson and Rees-Mogg did against Mays withdrawal agreement?

lifeskyblue

I don’t think this image will endear him to the common man whose side he has tried to pretend he’s on.

Absolutely. Nothing speaks more of privilege and entitlement than an image like that.
The trouble with Jacob Rees-Smug is he has always confused an expensive education with being clever and better than others.

RegTheDonk

The hypocrisy is hilarious. Michael Howard on R4 this morning was all “if you vote against the governments major policy of the day, you should be kicked out”.

You mean like Johnson and Rees-Mogg did against Mays withdrawal agreement?
The point is mate they were told specifically if they voted for this they would be kicked out. They had the choice. I don't blame them if they feel strongly, but that was the consequence.

Grendel

But if the easiest trade deal in history because the Germans still want to sell us cars and the french cheese happens as per the promises of all involved in campaigning for brexit happens (official and otherwise, I'll also point out that the PM repeated this again in his recent leadership campaign) then the no timescale is irrelevant. Unless of course they were lying to us during them campaigns.

It's looking more and more like the brexit campaigns were a Trojan horse to get a no deal brexit.

Er it was a comment on the backstop issue - why are you even commenting on my post when you have no contribution of note to make?

Grendel

No one is stopping him. Every opposition party is in favour once the no deal bill goes through.

Do you guys like get a text with the bullshit, easily disprovable line to take each day?

The no deal bill going through first is a side show. The election can be called and if the Tories won they could pass legislation the next day to reverse it

djr8369

Absolutely. Nothing speaks more of privilege and entitlement than an image like that.
The trouble with Jacob Rees-Smug is he has always confused an expensive education with being clever and better than others.

Putting him on the front bench is going to expose him. Some of the quotes from his speech were ridiculous. Over use of alliteration and pomposity that make him look absurd.

RegTheDonk

No one is stopping him. Every opposition party is in favour once the no deal bill goes through.

Do you guys like get a text with the bullshit, easily disprovable line to take each day?
lol ... this GE could be the closest thing to a "people's vote" that many have been wishing for. It also could be an ideal way to test the public's appetite for a "no deal". So why not do it now?

His way forward is to blame others? Denying him that is not denying him a way forward. He’s the leader, lead.
Well call his bluff then? Give him the chance to lead a majority or fuck things up for himself. What are the remoaners scared off, thought the current trend was to remain?

lifeskyblue

Putting him on the front bench is going to expose him. Some of the quotes from his speech were ridiculous. Over use of alliteration and pomposity that make him look absurd.

Exactly the same criticisms of over verbose language and pomposity were made about his recent book on Great Victorians. Actual historians ripped him apart.

skybluetony176

Er it was a comment on the backstop issue - why are you even commenting on my post when you have no contribution of note to make?

A trade deal and bilateral agreements made in the transitional period will make the backstop irrelevant. The leave campaign campaigned (official and unofficial) on the premise that all this would fall in our lap. If you fail to acknowledge that then the only person not contributing to your post is you.

Users who are viewing this thread