The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (65 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

Funny thing is that when compared with what’s followed (especially the current PM) he’s the last PM we had that could even remotely be considered a decent PM. I suspect that history will judge Major far more kindly than it will Boris.

He’s the last PM to suspend parliament

Grendel

You described him as ‘the man’, voted for his party and even had him as your profile photo on here.

Yes I was clearly being serious

skybluetony176

Ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha. Boris’ empty promises from his election campaign are coming home to roost. I do hope no one has taken Boris to be a man of his words.

Grendel

Ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha. Boris’ empty promises from his election campaign are coming home to roost. I do hope no one has taken Boris to be a man of his words.

No it’s parliament behaving in an anti democratic way. So an election will happen and we will see what happens then

skybluetony176

No it’s parliament behaving in an anti democratic way. So an election will happen and we will see what happens then

Wipe your tears. Boris has sold you snake oil and you brought it. As someone else put it he could shit on your face and you’d claim it’s ice cream.

Grendel

Wipe your tears. Boris has sold you snake oil and you brought it. As someone else put it he could shit on your face and you’d claim it’s ice cream.

You seem very strange? He will now call a general election which as you’ve said he just can. So he will.

Ian1779

He can provide a date. Oddly labour do not even it seems want to consider an election until after October 31 - how very odd.

Johnson could in theory table a no confidence motion in his own government. This could only fail if Corbyn says he has confidence in the government

Corbyn made it clear that he will go for an election, once no-deal is off the table. He said it clearly.

Face it - Boris has been schooled today.

Evo1883

Whatever the eventuality is of this whole process, the damage that has been caused is irreversible.. The country won't ever be the same.
People won't vote, the levels of distrust will be absolutely mind-blowing, the faith in parliament and the government shattered.

For me I'm out, just getting on with my life... Work family work family work family then retire, that's me until the day I drop.

Fuck Westminster PUSB

Grendel

Corbyn made it clear that he will go for an election, once no-deal is off the table. He said it clearly.

Face it - Boris has been schooled today.

No deal can’t be taken off as if there was an election and Johnson wins he’d just put an act in to nullify that legislation

skybluetony176

Johnson has been shown as being majorly out of his depth.

To be honest I thought we’d passed that point long ago but apparently some weren’t sure so they thought they’d give him another go. Unbelievably. That’s what happens when a cult takes over the Tory Party is more like the Manson Family than a political party.

Last edited:

Grendel

Confirmed officially now by the Labour Party. Just announced on BBC news at ten.

It’s irrelevant want they say as we have to send the prime minister to negotiate the extension and he won’t do it

djr8369

Whatever the eventuality is of this whole process, the damage that has been caused is irreversible.. The country won't ever be the same.
People won't vote, the levels of distrust will be absolutely mind-blowing, the faith in parliament and the government shattered.

For me I'm out, just getting on with my life... Work family work family work family then retire, that's me until the day I drop.

Fuck Westminster PUSB

Parliament have just stopped a rogue executive trying to have full control without oversight. Today is the first bit of hope that our institutions will survive this mess. In all likelihood Brexit will still go ahead so there’s no reason to say they’ll be distrust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Parliament have just stopped a rogue executive trying to have full control without oversight. Today is the first bit of hope that our institutions will survive this mess. In all likelihood Brexit will still go ahead so there’s no reason to say they’ll be distrust.

Unless it is resolved before the end of October it will not go ahead

Today was a desperate day for democracy

fernandopartridge

Fuck Westminster PUSB
You don't understand democracy

djr8369

I reckon BJ will randomly sack Cummings in a fit of rage before all this plays out.

Evo1883

You don't understand democracy

All I've said is I'm out, and this whole process has done Alot of damage to the country... I never mentioned Wether I was happy or sad about anything that happened today, rather suggesting that I'm a little fed up with the whole thing as are (I'd imagine) many millions of people....

That's not anything to do with my understanding of democracy

People are divided, people are fed up and People want the whole thing sorted one way or another... That's it really

I have no idea why you said I don't understand democracy based off that post, elaborate?

Evo1883

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that infact, brexit will never happen

fernandopartridge

All I've said is I'm out, and this whole process has done Alot of damage to the country... I never mentioned Wether I was happy or sad about anything that happened today, rather suggesting that I'm a little fed up with the whole thing as are (I'd imagine) many millions of people....

That's not anything to do with my understanding of democracy

People are divided, people are fed up and People want the whole thing sorted one way or another... That's it really

I have no idea why you said I don't understand democracy based off that post, elaborate?

What did this mean then?

Evo1883

What did this mean then?

Exactly what it says...You don't have to agree with everything in the name of democracy, people can still get annoyed, feel frustrated and let down etc... That's nothing to do with understanding it

Our Democratic process took us to war with Iraq... See my point.. Its not always a glorious thing

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Exactly what it says...You don't have to agree with everything in the name of democracy, people can still get annoyed, feel frustrated and let down etc... That's nothing to do with understanding it

Our Democratic process took us to war with Iraq... See my point.. Its not always a glorious thing

Not the greatest example as that was based on a sexed up dossier of evidence but take your point.

However, fascism has done a lot lot worse.

Evo1883

Not the greatest example as that was based on a sexed up dossier of evidence but take your point.

However, fascism has done a lot lot worse.

My point is the whole brexit process has damaged the country, people don't trust politicians, people will stop voting in future as they will feel that their voice doesn't matter and the way the people have been pitted against each other in the name of democracy over the last 3 years has been frankly absurd... So like I said I'm out... That's all

djr8369

My point is the whole brexit process has damaged the country, people don't trust politicians, people will stop voting in future as they will feel that their voice doesn't matter and the way the people have been pitted against each other in the name of democracy over the last 3 years has been frankly absurd... So like I said I'm out... That's all

I think this will lead to higher levels of engagement in politics.

Users who are viewing this thread