The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (34 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djr8369

Oh dear. The worm is turning.

e1a9b3768a08f14ed66940a1c0768cd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

It’s incredible

We have the worst prime minister in history

He’s taking us into a situation that will make our economy similar to Zimbabwe

He’s a serial liar and a snake oil salesman

Yet when there is a chance of letting everyone remove him and his party from office there is a collective reluctance to make this happen

Why?

Astute

The hypocrisy is hilarious. Michael Howard on R4 this morning was all “if you vote against the governments major policy of the day, you should be kicked out”.

You mean like Johnson and Rees-Mogg did against Mays withdrawal agreement?
BJ voted for the so called May deal to go through

djr8369

It’s incredible

Yet when there is a chance of letting everyone remove him and his party from office there is a collective reluctance to make this happen

Why?

They want to prevent no deal at the end of October first. You know this.

chiefdave

It’s incredible

Why?
You could say exactly the same about the refusal to have a no deal referendum.

We're repeatedly told it is the will of the people so it would be a formality. Just do that and remove any doubt. No deal wins and remainers can't complain that leavers didn't know what they were voting for or were promised that no deal would never happen and was project fear.

What is there to be scared of?

Grendel

They want to prevent no deal at the end of October first. You know this.

Which they can do by putting it to the people - i thought you wanted people to have a say?

It’s that is it - the people may actually vote again to leave through the ballot box

djr8369

Which they can do by putting it to the people - i thought you wanted people to have a say?

It’s that is it - the people may actually vote again to leave through the ballot box

An election is coming. Don’t worry.

Astute

I’m not arguing that he’s going to win it.

So why want one if it would give full control to the Tories?

Be careful what you wish for. Try looking at things on the side of a neutral. You will then have a better idea what is going on.

skybluetony176

And that would cause several erections on here until the result was declared.

For the record I’ve already said that I can’t call it further than a hung parliament seems the most likely outcome. So no pretending I said something different now, there’s a good lad.

djr8369

So why want one if it would give full control to the Tories?

Be careful what you wish for. Try looking at things on the side of a neutral. You will then have a better idea what is going on.

Have I argued for an election? It might be one way out of the impasse but it’s far from ideal.

Try not assuming you’re the only one who has certain insights and taking a position of intellectual superiority. You may actually be able to hear and understand other points of view then.

Grendel

An election is coming. Don’t worry.

At which the Tories can then have a policy to reverse the legislation now being discussed

Grendel

My my now being suggested that Boris Johnson is indeed going to table a no confidence motion in his own government

RegTheDonk

They have. Last night. He’s the leader and he has to take the onus.
lol thats the exact opposite of calling his bluff. That's stopping him from doing what he threatens - having a no deal option. Calling his bluff is giving him the bullets, not taking the gun off him.

He would take the onus, but too many people are covered in cholrine to let him. About the only time the Crankie has talked any sense.

Sick Boy

Would you like to explain how accepting the so called May deal would have taken us out of the EU?

Under the so called agreement we would have been tied to the EU until they agreed that we could leave. Then they would have talked about a trade deal. The trade deal would most probably have kept us tied to them. And part of any trade deal with another European country also includes freedom of movement. We would also still have to pay for the privilege.

The problem is that people like yourself screamed wildly about the so called May deal. You didn't like the idea of possibly leaving the EU in name only. But in reality not a lot would have changed.

No it wasnt, it would have meant leaving the EU. And as Johnson is going to tell us his new solutions within in the 20 days it would have been redundant anyway.

You’re trying to spread false information.

Grendel

No it wasnt, it would have meant leaving the EU. And as Johnson is going to tell us his new solutions within in the 20 days it would have been redundant anyway.

You’re trying to spread false information.

Johnson won’t be saying anything - parliament are in control so now they will have to form their own government

Grendel

They can. One assumes the current argument is if the legislation isn't passed, then there's no guarantee Johnson won't do what he feels like, when he doesn't have a mandate from the electorate.

So what’s the difference to an election in October

Astute

You’re using an opinion piece by John Redwood to back up your opinion, wow.

I was going to say you’re just parroting the same misinformation as Leave no matter what Brexiteers and you actually are.
That isn't an opinion piece in fact. The facts are the same.

Or would you like to state which facts are false?

Brighton Sky Blue

So what are my problems? Reiterating the main point of what is being spoken about?

I criticised Farage’s party because it only has one policy. You then replied ‘so leaving the EU isn’t a policy’ when I included that in the original post.

It’s like you stopped reading halfway through

Astute

I criticised Farage’s party because it only has one policy. You then replied ‘so leaving the EU isn’t a policy’ when I included that in the original post.

It’s like you stopped reading halfway through
Yes. They have a policy that a lot of people don't like. So they are ignored by many. Just a 1 policy party. But it is a major policy.

I remember saying that I could see Farage setting up a new party in a push for Brexit. I was laughed at as usual. They have one shit policy. But it doesn't mean they shouldn't exist. Everyone should be able to voice their concerns. That is what freedom of speech is all about. But you and many others want them silenced.

Users who are viewing this thread