The Club Shop (4 Viewers)

rob9872

Difficulty with retro is all of the designs were by different manufacturers so without Hummels agreement would be hard to do. They're unlikely to welcome it as less could be spent on their kits.

skybluelee

Difficulty with retro is all of the designs were by different manufacturers so without Hummels agreement would be hard to do. They're unlikely to welcome it as less could be spent on their kits.
That's why I'm fully expecting the original Hummels to be the ones they release.

skybluelee

Still makes more sense to release the Hummel shirts in conjunction with Hummel.

Especially as I own all of the above and can't get my hands on a Charity Shield shirt original for love nor money!

Alkhen

Still makes more sense to release the Hummel shirts in conjunction with Hummel.

Especially as I own all of the above and can't get my hands on a Charity Shield shirt original for love nor money!
Ah yeah for sure they should definitely do 1:1 Hummel ones. I reckon they could even use Granada Bingo branding seeing as they ceased trading.

The 99-04 ones are such an easy money spinner though. Get a batch mocked up in China and stick them in the shop. 90s/00s baggy cut in the proper shiny material the teens would love them

rob9872

Keane - Bellamy - Hughes - Thompson - Joachim

That was my instinctive first players that popped in my head seeing them in a row like that

Bellamy printed ones could be marketed as fire lighters 🔥
Hadji for the 2nd one, big Mo for the last 👍

Alkhen

About time really. Fans moaning in the comments about costs and there being a small range need to understand getting a handle on copyright is a step in moving away from the tinpot past. The range in the shop is a bit hit and miss but it is way ahead of where it was just months ago.

They will never stop the Chinese fakers mind. Kind of see why families use those, cost me ~£60 for a printed home shirt for my lad in ccfc store. But for a club our size it must effect profit.

pusbccfc

About time really. Fans moaning in the comments about costs and there being a small range need to understand getting a handle on copyright is a step in moving away from the tinpot past. The range in the shop is a bit hit and miss but it is way ahead of where it was just months ago.

They will never stop the Chinese fakers mind. Kind of see why families use those, cost me ~£60 for a printed home shirt for my lad in ccfc store. But for a club our size it must effect profit.

Shame the range in the club shop is so shite. People want remakes of the originals and the club has never got it right.

In the past, they did remakes of the brown shirt and they were dreadful. The 'fakes' are far more realistic.

AOM

There used to be that person/shop who sold replica retro Cov stuff on ebay and I think also had a website. Can't remember the name but they were really good quality, and you often still see people wearing their shirts around the ground.
Not surprised I assume the club shut them down as they were selling Hummel branded items just as we re-signed with Hummel, but it was a shame as their range was really nice

Alkhen

H
Shame the range in the club shop is so shite. People want remakes of the originals and the club has never got it right.

In the past, they did remakes of the brown shirt and they were dreadful. The 'fakes' are far more realistic.
The club have said they are working on a retro range so I'll hold judgement on that

The problem is if you do remakes officially you have to either get permission to use any copyrighted logos manufacturers badges (which bumps cost) or leave them off (which looks shite)

Obviously the 3rd party and Chinese knock off sites don't worry about UK law so will look more authentic.

I don't really know what the club can do as if they do get authentic replicas of retro kits out they will cost a premium and fans will moan. If they go a cheaper route with no logos and stuff fans will moan as well

AOM

brown-coventry-city-08-09-puma-football-shirt.jpeg

Another Puma corker

pusbccfc

There used to be that person/shop who sold replica retro Cov stuff on ebay and I think also had a website. Can't remember the name but they were really good quality, and you often still see people wearing their shirts around the ground.
Not surprised I assume the club shut them down as they were selling Hummel branded items just as we re-signed with Hummel, but it was a shame as their range was really nice

FMC. Brilliant stuff. Still have 4/5 shirts from him.

It's pretty clear that the club are talking about him in the article.

jordan210

Who ever the buyer is for the club shop they need a new job. They literally are just sticking the badge on crap and then over charging it. Our commercial team should be talking to fans to find out what they actually want.

No wonder so many people are buying from unauthorised 3rd parties when the shop is full of cheap tat

most of the new range looks like drop shipping stuff basic designs stuck on a white or black t shirt

David O'Day

FMC is still going, you can still buy the big T shirt off him as it didn't have the badge on it

Reactions: AOM

AiS86

Other than the elite teams, isn't it a case of most teams having a largely forgettable range of leisurewear? Throw a badge on it, and some suckers will buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread