The Club Shop (1 Viewer)

Alex1987

I hope this is something on Mr King's agenda to improve and thus increase revenues going forwards.

Looking at other clubs, our offerings are generally L1/L2 level (I would say our kits have been fantastic however).

I'm thinking things like the good old CCFC bedding, etc for the kids.

I mean we should at least have the offering of this one example: Derby County Online Store | Shop Derby County Shirts, Derby County Merchandise & Gear

Bertola

There has been an improvement since King came in. The terracewear, better offers etc, but I agree there's plenty of scope for more.

There are often loads of kids welcoming the players into the ground for home games, why dont we sell postcard sized photos of the players for them to get signed?

Alkhen

Agreed, the range is pretty poor. bar the new terrace range there is a huge drop off in quality and design of the non Hummel merch. Stock in both the store is so limited too. Could do with a bit more branded tat like pencil cases etc, stuff for kids to spend their pocket money on.

shmmeee

I hope this is something on Mr King's agenda to improve and thus increase revenues going forwards.

Looking at other clubs, our offerings are generally L1/L2 level (I would say our kits have been fantastic however).

I'm thinking things like the good old CCFC bedding, etc for the kids.

I mean we should at least have the offering of this one example: Derby County Online Store | Shop Derby County Shirts, Derby County Merchandise & Gear

Ive been looking for some CCFC stuff for my house, something nice that doesn’t make it look like a ten year olds bedroom. Framed prints, that type of thing. I figure like Marvel and videogames ten year olds and manchildren are our main audiences.

Homeware section for Derby there: literally every item you’d find in a ten year olds bedroom, as well as nice prints and posters.

CCFCStore Homeware section: 1 (one) fridge magnet with what looks like a London street sign saying “Coventry City Football Club CV6”.

Why don’t we have signed merchandise, unique pieces from local artists, various prints/canvases we can offer? I should be able to kit my kid out head to foot to bedroom in CCFC merch as well as my man cave and the odd bit I can get past the missus in the house.

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

cov_george

An official Hummel remake of the original 87-89 kits (home and away) sold as retro shirts would surely sell like hot cakes. If only because I've been trying to track the away one down for several years!
They should do retro versions of all old shirts, I could then fill few gaps & club would benefit from the sales

hamil99

Facebook User
I look at the shop around Christmas time to see if there is anything worthwhile, there never is. Mostly if I want something ccfc related I now get it from Etsy. Got a lovely pillow for my dad made up of old cov tops.

shmmeee

I look at the shop around Christmas time to see if there is anything worthwhile, there never is. Mostly if I want something ccfc related I now get it from Etsy. Got a lovely pillow for my dad made up of old cov tops.

This is the sort of thing the club needs to be a storefront for.

AOM

The stuff is absolutely garbage. That new 'Terrace Range' is embarrassing, especially with the price.

Leeds do the best merch I've seen. Adidas originals fashion line. We wouldn't sell enough general merch to warrant putting much effort into it.

Might be an Adidas thing as I think Arsenal also do a retro originals range. I'd absolutely love us to have our own retro range in the club shop, it would sell really well.
Not really sure who is going to buy a "Coventry Terrace Hoodie Sudan Brown" for £55....

shmmeee

The stuff is absolutely garbage. That new 'Terrace Range' is embarrassing, especially with the price.

Leeds do the best merch I've seen. Adidas originals fashion line. We wouldn't sell enough general merch to warrant putting much effort into it.

Problem with fashion is its seasonal. No reason we couldn’t be a home for unique pieces and signed merch type stuff that’s timeless. I’m honestly not sure who buys any of the stuff other than the replica shirts but they must sell enough to keep making them.

hamil99

Facebook User
Problem with fashion is its seasonal. No reason we couldn’t be a home for unique pieces and signed merch type stuff that’s timeless. I’m honestly not sure who buys any of the stuff other than the replica shirts but they must sell enough to keep making them.

I think it was the 20th anniversary of our FA cup win, they did a painting of Keith's famous diving header and had it sign by a bunch of the players. I bought one for the old man, and it sits pride of place in his house. Honestly don't understand why they don't do these things anymore. Production costs would have dropped from back then.

Sick Boy

I wanted to buy a sticker for my car the other week but they didn't even have that, it's embarrassing.

Otis

I am not sure what they have in the shop these days.

In the past I have had a CCFC umbrella, CCFC watch and a CCFC keyring

Do they not do those sort of things anymore?

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Ive been looking for some CCFC stuff for my house, something nice that doesn’t make it look like a ten year olds bedroom. Framed prints, that type of thing. I figure like Marvel and videogames ten year olds and manchildren are our main audiences.

Homeware section for Derby there: literally every item you’d find in a ten year olds bedroom, as well as nice prints and posters.

CCFCStore Homeware section: 1 (one) fridge magnet with what looks like a London street sign saying “Coventry City Football Club CV6”.

Why don’t we have signed merchandise, unique pieces from local artists, various prints/canvases we can offer? I should be able to kit my kid out head to foot to bedroom in CCFC merch as well as my man cave and the odd bit I can get past the missus in the house.

Have a look at CCFCprints.co.uk obviously not the club doing these but there might be something that takes your fancy. Totally agree with the post above about some player postcards for signatures, my lad would love those.

ovduk78

I am not sure what they have in the shop these days.

In the past I have had a CCFC umbrella, CCFC watch and a CCFC keyring

Do they not do those sort of things anymore?
I have a key ring that was bought for me last season, I never use key rings so I have attached it to my car's rear view mirror.

chiefdave

Wasn’t there a job advertised for something to do with merchandising recently?

not hard to improve the offering, seems easy money. Plenty of people would buy all sorts of junk if it was half decent

Otis

Wasn’t there a job advertised for something to do with merchandising recently?

not hard to improve the offering, seems easy money. Plenty of people would buy all sorts of junk if it was half decent
Or buy all sorts of junk if it has CCFC emblazoned on it.

Skyblueweeman

It's not really embarrassing to be fair. It's poor, but it's not embarrassing.

What people need to remember is that the club has been run on a shoestring for years (rightly or wrongly). Not enough staff to spend time thinking up a list of what could sell, not enough resource to likely buy the stock in the first place to re-sell, not enough time to work on looking at additional and creative revenue streams like some of the stuff mentioned above.

Hopefully DK has it on his 'to do' list as it's clear there's a need for it. However, towards the top of that to do list has been getting a ground deal done for the foreseeable future, getting the club to the end of the season, new contracts for staff and players, the Gus and Vik situations.

I'm hoping the clubs extended staff numbers increase and DK takes advantage of this going forward.

Otis

It's not really embarrassing to be fair. It's poor, but it's not embarrassing.

What people need to remember is that the club has been run on a shoestring for years (rightly or wrongly). Not enough staff to spend time thinking up a list of what could sell, not enough resource to likely buy the stock in the first place to re-sell, not enough time to work on looking at additional and creative revenue streams like some of the stuff mentioned above.

Hopefully DK has it on his 'to do' list as it's clear there's a need for it. However, towards the top of that to do list has been getting a ground deal done for the foreseeable future, getting the club to the end of the season, new contracts for staff and players, the Gus and Vik situations.

I'm hoping the clubs extended staff numbers increase and DK takes advantage of this going forwards
I don't want to pee on his chips, but he is only two letters away from being a Dick isn't he.

Jimmy Hill’s Goatee

I’d have to agree that there needs to be an improvement on the ranges available. It’s pretty limited compared to other clubs. The kits from Hummel have been fantastic in recent seasons I’m hoping next seasons continue in the same vein.

On a side note:

The mrs is an artist and painted a couple of canvasses of Gus and Vik for me last year for the mancave. These got a lot of love from visitors and we made some high quality giclee prints of these which sold out the first batch if anyone’s interested either in canvasses or prints drop me a message.

any suggestions or requests for the next canvass please let me know too

Attachments

• e388893d-4119-4c3a-92f8-0d6e48ca8d6e.jpeg
    e388893d-4119-4c3a-92f8-0d6e48ca8d6e.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 1e1b5817-1cb2-48ad-9f37-09e3a0a25875.jpeg
    1e1b5817-1cb2-48ad-9f37-09e3a0a25875.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 30

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I’d have to agree that there needs to be an improvement on the ranges available. It’s pretty limited compared to other clubs. The kits from Hummel have been fantastic in recent seasons I’m hoping next seasons continue in the same vein.

On a side note:

The mrs is an artist and painted a couple of canvasses of Gus and Vik for me last year for the mancave. These got a lot of love from visitors and we made some high quality giclee prints of these which sold out the first batch if anyone’s interested either in canvasses or prints drop me a message.

any suggestions or requests for the next canvass please let me know too
Do you have a thing for artwork of young men on their knees?

Or does she? ;)

djr8369

Yeah anytime I have a look I can’t find a single thing I’m remotely interested in

ccfcchris

There has been an improvement since King came in. The terracewear, better offers etc, but I agree there's plenty of scope for more.

There are often loads of kids welcoming the players into the ground for home games, why dont we sell postcard sized photos of the players for them to get signed?
Or be able to send the selfies they take with the players to the club to get them signed and framed by the club.

Users who are viewing this thread