Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

That Roar and those Limbs

A bloke ended up 2 rows down during those celebrations.

How many times have we had celebrations like this over the past few years?

I think safe standing has scuppered us at home.
 
One of the best away ends and away days for some time. Brilliant day all round.

Also, and I wouldn’t even be rage baiting if I said it to a Forest fan, despite the relative reputations, Derby fans at home are consistently better than Forest. Thought so in previous years too, though was particularly notable yesterday. Even though I generally prefer Forest of the two otherwise for those random reasons we develop these marginal preferences
 
Last edited:
I loved that, because of where they were sat some people were celebrating before it hits the net.
 
I dont get to many away games, so im sure its been as good as yesterday many a time, but that goal yesterday rivalled the Blackburn end back in April for me.

Total and utter carnage
Ah that was a better celebration than at blackburn for me , lost the plot 🤣
 
Yesterday was class. Not just the goal, but the backing throughout and the complete lack of negativity and sense of togetherness in that away end. Low expectations can do that I suppose. Man CIty was similar, we just didn't have that moment. Need to bottle this and carry it through the season. We have a role to play for sure.
 
Yesterday was class. Not just the goal, but the backing throughout and the complete lack of negativity and sense of togetherness in that away end. Low expectations can do that I suppose. Man CIty was similar, we just didn't have that moment. Need to bottle this and carry it through the season. We have a role to play for sure.
We always were louder when we accepted we were underdogs , like early championship years
 
How was it being with your forest mates after 🩵
Just me and my best mate, who supports Forest. We’ve stayed in Nottingham for the night and every opportunity I have taken to remind him of it, he’s miserable. Although we did have a good night in the casino last night so it’s been a cracking weekend for me.
 
Just me and my best mate, who supports Forest. We’ve stayed in Nottingham for the night and every opportunity I have taken to remind him of it, he’s miserable. Although we did have a good night in the casino last night so it’s been a cracking weekend for me.
Good man PUSB
 
Love the way the new lads have massive smiles on their faces, look like they have fitted in well.
Give it a few more games I believe we will be ok.....
PUSB
 
The shout of “Go on!” after the sublime first touch, then what feels like silence, followed by the sound of the ball hitting net and the roar, then the celebrations between the packed away end and players.

Imagine not liking football.
Not hugged or kissed random strangers like that in years. Was unbelievable feeling.
 
We went down there without tickets, enjoyed being in centre beforehand and then going up to ground and finally in a bar in centre. We must have cheered just as loud in thar bar as the fans in ground.

Brilliant it was Jay who scored.
 
Last edited:
It's times like these you have to feel a bit for the twats who are recording in their phones and not living in the moment. Totally their fault of course, but how can you love the club, travel, spend a fortune and then not want to experience that 5 seconds of pure emotion in what's otherwise a pretty shite existence.
 
It's times like these you have to feel a bit for the twats who are recording in their phones and not living in the moment. Totally their fault of course, but how can you love the club, travel, spend a fortune and then not want to experience that 5 seconds of pure emotion in what's otherwise a pretty shite existence.
5 seconds? The pandemonium lasted for at least 2 minutes. There was a pile of blokes in their 40s and 50s, on the stairwell next to us in absolute ecstasy. Ive not seen stuff like that since Torp's goal at Wembley ( I wasn't at Blackburn)
 
Last edited:
Ok a bit longer sure, it was just an expression, although I'd say at two minutes it's probably performative nonsense too. I think 30 seconds is about right :)

Best part was we got three celebrations from a 1-0 really as I think I celebrated the VAR decision almost as much and then again at the full-time whistle.
 
The goal is just spectacular. The way he controls it with his weaker foot and then gets himself in front of the defender and guides it past the keeper.

Love some more of those please.
 
Robins could certainly spot a defender.
JDS, MVE, Bobby Thomas, Fadz. Even the loan guys we got in mostly did great. Sterling, McNally, Ostigaard

Forgot we had McNally-appeared in the Play Off final for us against Luton-just googled him and he’s had a terrible time since Feb 2025.

Signed for Bristol City did his ACL in and then has had two subsequent operations because of post operative complications.

Still not back training now!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom