Taxi cancelled for Robins (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

You can’t compare him to managers who couldn’t attain promotion

Many of those managers had an objective of survival and until Strachan achieved it.

You now have a fairly comparable situation to those managers in this season and it’s a struggle

The other concern is his recruitment has been poor this season - few players have made the grade and the whole overseas recruitment strategy has lumbered us with players who are a wage burden

Like many managers he is one way or the highway and becomes more stubborn the more the problems get.

His decision making at this level is highly questionable

Robins is better than Strachan.. Would you take perennial failure in England strachan back here today over Robins?

procdoc

This thread is as daft as the last taxi thread. I’ll ask for the umpteenth time, this time in upper case. WHO COULD WE ATTRACT THAT IS REALISTICALLY BETTER THAN WHO WE HAVE NOW. I want names, not skirting around the question with fluff and nonsense

Nick

Administrator
This thread is as daft as the last taxi thread. I’ll ask for the umpteenth time, this time in upper case. WHO COULD WE ATTRACT THAT IS REALISTICALLY BETTER THAN WHO WE HAVE NOW. I want names, not skirting around the question with fluff and nonsense
People have said this with every manager

D

Deleted member 11652

The people saying we can’t get any better than Robins are the same ones saying we couldn’t have signed any better than Gyokeres in January

letsallsingtogether

Yes but we didn’t, it’s the story of the season.
So he was right in what he said.
We all know we need a striker I'm sure he knows but to get a proven striker in is out of our budget.
Quite a few clubs in our predicament the Duke missed 3 yesterday for Brum, they are desperate for a striker, our opponents yesterday don't have one There are 6 teams that have scored less than us all need a striker thing is some a have better defence putting them higher in the league then us.

procdoc

The people saying we can’t get any better than Robins are the same ones saying we couldn’t have signed any better than Gyokeres in January
Name a better manager we could realistically get then, seems as you’re oh so fucking clever

D

Deleted member 11652

Name a better manager we could realistically get then, seems as you’re oh so fucking clever

We can’t mate. We couldn’t get better then Gyokeres in January either. Wilson is our best keeper and Biamou is our only fit striker.

At least that’s what I read on here anyway

procdoc

People have said this with every manager
That’s bollocks really isn’t it. When we had Thorn and Slade most people could easily name better managers we could realistically get at the time. We got Robins after Slade who has proven to be 1000 times better

Reactions: vow

letsallsingtogether

But we don't know who they tried to sign in January if any.What backing did they have from the club for financing a move.

procdoc

We can’t mate. We couldn’t get better then Gyokeres in January either. Wilson is our best keeper and Biamou is our only fit striker.

At least that’s what I read on here anyway
So you’re just posting bollocks then, thanks for confirming

D

Deleted member 11652

Most of us just appreciate what he's done here and are willing to give him time to try again?

I appreciate what he’s done but I’m not willing to give him time if we are relegated this season. It’s a ruthless business as Leicester showed with Ranieri. I don’t think they regret not giving him time.

I am seriously worried about his team selections at the minute though. Recruitment I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt on if we stay up

Evo1883

I appreciate what he’s done but I’m not willing to give him time if we are relegated this season. It’s a ruthless business as Leicester showed with Ranieri. I don’t think they regret not giving him time.

I am seriously worried about his team selections at the minute though. Recruitment I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt on if we stay up

I disagree

Sick Boy

That’s bollocks really isn’t it. When we had Thorn and Slade most people could easily name better managers we could realistically get at the time. We got Robins after Slade who has proven to be 1000 times better
It’s not, the reality was that we were told that no one would be able to do a better job, including Ferguson.

procdoc

It’s not, the reality was that we were told that no one would be able to do a better job, including Ferguson.
Name someone now who is available, that is a realistic target and who you would back to do a better job than Robins. If it’s so easy to say sack the manager then you should be able to answer

Sick Boy

Name someone now who is available, that is a realistic target and who you would back to do a better job than Robins. If it’s so easy to say sack the manager then you should be able to answer
I’ve not said that I want him sacked.

Grendel

I’m aiming it more at the people that are saying he should be sacked than you to be honest. If people want someone sacked they should know who they want as a replacement that is realistic

No it shouldn’t and again same applies to slade and thorn

procdoc

Yeah, and we ended up in League fucking Two ffs.

So yeah let's replace the guy that got us from there to the Championship because we didn't beat Wycombe and he signed Gyokeres on loan.
Maybe Reading should sack their manager because Wycombe beat them 1-0 a few weeks ago

PVA

Why do you keep bringing up Slade and Thorn in comparison to Robins you weirdo?

It's like saying we should sell Godden because Denzel Slager was rubbish.

procdoc

Why do you keep bringing up Slade and Thorn in comparison to Robins you weirdo?

It's like saying we should sell Godden because Denzel Slager was rubbish.
He won’t give you a straight answer so you’re wasting your time

Best manager we've had in a long time, achieved amazing things with scraps. Champions of league one probably prematurely. Now has a league one squad in the championship. With one of the lowest budgets in the league, managed to find a bargain in hamer and loan of Ostigard to improve the first team, the rest are to pad out the squad which was a necessity. We simply don’t have the resources to be bringing in 4/5 starters. Discovering some players haven’t/won’t make the step up, key players either out injured for long spells or underperforming, our main source of goals out for too long. Picked up points where we shouldn’t have had a hope and sure, not taken points when we might have expected to. As it stands, we are staying up, which in itself is miraculous. If it happens, another year in this league and the Ricoh return is a major boost to the coffers and bigger appeal for recruitment. If we lost all of the remaining games and went down, Robins is still our best hope for the future. Chopping and changing over the years has achieved us absolutely nothing we should strive for some degree of consistency. For the fickle types, observe Solskjaer. And breathe

Brighton Sky Blue

Best manager we've had in a long time, achieved amazing things with scraps. Champions of league one probably prematurely. Now has a league one squad in the championship. With one of the lowest budgets in the league, managed to find a bargain in hamer and loan of Ostigard to improve the first team, the rest are to pad out the squad which was a necessity. We simply don’t have the resources to be bringing in 4/5 starters. Discovering some players haven’t/won’t make the step up, key players either out injured for long spells or underperforming, our main source of goals out for too long. Picked up points where we shouldn’t have had a hope and sure, not taken points when we might have expected to. As it stands, we are staying up, which in itself is miraculous. If it happens, another year in this league and the Ricoh return is a major boost to the coffers and bigger appeal for recruitment. If we lost all of the remaining games and went down, Robins is still our best hope for the future. Chopping and changing over the years has achieved us absolutely nothing we should strive for some degree of consistency. For the fickle types, observe Solskjaer. And breathe

What a username

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Grendel has been absolutely gagging to make this thread for a while, you can just tell.

Of course the last time he made this thread we went on to win the league.

Also the man he wanted to replace Robins has just been sacked by a League One team.

We could lose every game for the rest of the season and Robins would still have my backing and that of the majority of fans.
I was in the camp before yesterday. We’ve got 9 games left of the season. Yesterday at home to the worst team in the league we started 3 defensive midfielders and 1 striker... the excuse bandied about his height. There was no intent to win the the game and when we fluffed the chances we had we reverted to nothing.

we’re sleep Walking to relegation and the manager has no idea how to stop it

the budget argument is stupid, whilst there’s merit to it, last season Luton stayed up at a canter. Their budget is not going to a mid table budget

procdoc

I was in the camp before yesterday. We’ve got 9 games left of the season. Yesterday at home to the worst team in the league we started 3 defensive midfielders and 1 striker... the excuse bandied about his height. There was no intent to win the the game and when we fluffed the chances we had we reverted to nothing.

we’re sleep Walking to relegation and the manager has no idea how to stop it

the budget argument is stupid, whilst there’s merit to it, last season Luton stayed up at a canter. Their budget is not going to a mid table budget
Again name a replacement. I bet you can’t. Luton finished three points outside of the bottom three. Clown

D

Deleted member 11652

Again name a replacement. I bet you can’t. Luton finished Four points outside of the bottom three. Clown

In the last week alone, Paul Cook and Danny Cowley have got jobs in league one.

Users who are viewing this thread