Taxi cancelled for Robins (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Sorry but as you say it is a generalisation and there is more to it than simply budget. That gives teams something to hide behind and not look behind. And that is the point I was making.

As you say ,and I put forward, at the level we are at budget is not an absolute and does rely on owners willingness to spend or not (that doesnt have to mean increased debt btw) You have to conclude the owners set the budget for MR to spend, which must mean they set it low.

The way we operate the level of overhead and finance costs restricts the playing budget.

Awful lot of pundits and fans have praised the way that ccfc play this season. Have compared it favourably with teams higher up. So thats not a factor of budget it would seem.

So if it is a question of budget how do these successful low budget teams achieve success. Or perhaps a better question is how do the bigger spending clubs achieve failure.

I get and fully understand more money gives you a better probability of success but at our level in the championship/league 1 the differences are not so great.

There seems to be an acceptance that it our position is simply because of budget I just query if that is the only reason. I do not think at our level it is that simple.

"We have the lowest budget" is an easy comment to make and treat as if it is the whole reason. When if you dig a bit deeper it clearly is not. The other problems are not going to take us to promotion but it might take us a couple of places higher and that would be enough.

I understood at the start of the season that our budget would be small, that it would restrict this seasons ambition. However I am disappointed with things overall and what's more I suspect so is MR

CCFC are capable of being higher even if today's result was bad or the budget is the smallest. Overall I think they are under achieving but not greatly.

It is not all about the budget, whichever that budget is

What you're not factoring in OSB is the pace of our rise from league 2 to the championship and the clubs ability to add the quality required to compete at each level considering we started at ground zero...

You're very knowledgeable ofcourse but in regards to this I think you're way out.
Most clubs that struggle that pay high wages often had a period where they did well.. Derby County missing out through the playoffs the same as Sheffield Wednesday... The having to sell high earners and better players to cut their budgets but still find themselves saddled with some high paid players who were probably fringe or getting into the latter years of their contracts and having to sign more players on lower wages to fill the squad.. They still have a high budget and are still running at huge losses.
Some clubs work around this well and work well with their budgets, like Swansea although they had the quality there

Budget is a huge factor in the success of many clubs.
You only have to look at league tables every year to see that is true, besides the odd anomoly it's the difference between buying a fiat and a range rover

fernandopartridge

2 play 60 mins against the worst team in the league with 1 fucking striker is inexcusable!! Too busy trying not to lose games to ever be in with a chance of winning them. His cautious approach is what will inevitably see us go down with Wycombe!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
It isn't the one striker, it's the 5 defenders and 3 sitting midfielders that's the problem

Evo1883

I agree we could be higher though @olderskyblue

We have spent much of the season though without 2 of our goalscorers, our captain and some time without our wing back... Sides with more money tend to be able to get around things like this though... Is kind of the point about bigger budgets

How do you think Rotherham would manage without Smith for most of the season for example

Gregbant

I didn’t enjoy it at all, boring football, and always whining about our budget, instead of just getting on with it, I was glad to see the back of him. It was always a toss up which was going to have less passion his teams performance or his interviews.

He’s one boring bastard that’s for sure.

😂😂😂😂

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So are you are saying the rise should have been slower to build in the spare finance to be able to compete better. ?

Because I am pretty sure the plan of our owners would not have resulted in that. They were not banking on lockdown and I don't think they were planning major investment either, more income extraction in my view

Those teams like Derby or Wednesday have hit the financial buffers much like we did when we had our success. I understand that. But not really interested in other clubs

Not entirely sure what the disagreement is that we have. I know budgets are important but there is more to it than that especially for a lower championship or upper league 1 club. We can't buy success and not going to be able to for the foreseeable future so the other things become more Important to us to get right irrespective of what others spend.

I am just not going to accept that if we 19th or 20th we have over achieved because our budget means we should be bottom. We are better than our budget or some of the teams with bigger budgets

Evo1883

So are you are saying the rise should have been slower to build in the spare finance to be able to compete better. ?

Because I am pretty sure the plan of our owners would not have resulted in that. They were not banking on lockdown and I don't think they were planning major investment either, more income extraction in my view

Those teams like Derby or Wednesday have hit the financial buffers much like we did when we had our success. I understand that. But not really interested in other clubs

Not entirely sure what the disagreement is that we have. I know budgets are important but there is more to it than that especially for a lower championship or upper league 1 club. We can't buy success and not going to be able to for the foreseeable future so the other things become more Important to us to get right irrespective of what others spend.

I am just not going to accept that if we 19th or 20th we have over achieved because our budget means we should be bottom. We are better than our budget
Robins himself alluded to the fact it might have been a year too early didn't he last season?

I do agree to a degree anyway, key player stayed fit we'd be higher

SkyBlueMatt

He should just be told to walk home

He’s out of ideas and we are sliding fast. He’s not good enough at this level and he’s also like most managers stubborn and one dimensional

That performance was inexcusable - his January transfers are shite and his stubborn refusal to acknowledge even bakayoko is better than biamou and to change shape and formation will set us back

Thanks For the memories and all that but Boddy needs to act now
And they said loyalty is dead....

Get back on Facebook, they must love you on there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

He should just be told to walk home

He’s out of ideas and we are sliding fast. He’s not good enough at this level and he’s also like most managers stubborn and one dimensional

That performance was inexcusable - his January transfers are shite and his stubborn refusal to acknowledge even bakayoko is better than biamou and to change shape and formation will set us back

Thanks For the memories and all that but Boddy needs to act now
When you say act now who do you want in charge ?

pusbccfc

A team playing in a different city that got promoted last year early due to a pandemic is struggling in a division littered with teams throwing significant sums of money at players are near the bottom. Who'd have thought?!

We are above where I thought we'd be. Haven't once been in the bottom 3. It's not good at the moment, but come on.

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't really think this would be the case, but that pitch looked like it needed a lot more work on it ( including some water) Did the Blues groundsman prepare it on behalf of Wycombe/Blues? (my conspiracy theory for the day!)

SkyBlueMatt

Excuse my language but that forum is absolute cuntsville
You're excused.

I avoid coming on here after a loss but on there, its a different universe. I think most of them just need a hug. If anyone is doing research into the modern football 'fan', look no further than Facebook.

They should just go support Man City and the super league and be done with it.

Sick Boy

Just a hypothetical question - those who are fiercely loyal to Robins, if it was guaranteed a new manager would keep us up, would you choose loyalty or survival?

letsallsingtogether

I dont think we needed to twist in January at all... It's pure fantasy to suggest that we would suddenly become better just because Barnsley did...
Well Brum did well yesterday changing their manager!🤣

letsallsingtogether

Just a hypothetical question - those who are fiercely loyal to Robins, if it was guaranteed a new manager would keep us up, would you choose loyalty or survival?
Just hypothetical to those fiercely opposed to Robins if a new manager couldnt keep us up and Robins could would you still sack him now?

PVA

How's your man Kenny Jackett getting on at Portsmouth Grendel?

Oh.

And how's the other guy you said you'd rather have than Robins getting on, Gareth Ainsworth?

Oh.

skyblue1991

It does get frustrating playing negative tactics instead of taking the game to some teams, particularly those we know well, have a good record against and are rock bottom of the league!

However we are not in the bottom 3 and I don't recall ever being there much all season, therefore we are on target to stay up.

If and when we stay up I would give Robins one more season to see if he can improve on things, at least making us more like a Championship team rather than 50/50 Championship/League 1 team.

We need to follow the Brentford model, looking for unpolished diamonds and sell on in two years, the recruitment is crucial!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

For all those who want Robins gone, who would you bring in to replace him with? Don't say 'it's not my job' or else you cant say you want him gone because 'its not your job' to decide that.

procdoc

Radio silence from the usual characters
I’ve read the thread, it’s fucking nonsense from Grendel yet again.
not one single person can name a viable, better replacement. So people want to sack him for the sake of it, despite the success and stability of the last 5 years. We all acknowledged we would be in a relegation battle this season for fuck sake. Maybe we could see what Slade is up to these days and go back to those miserable fucking days.
get a fucking grip people, if it weren’t for Robins we could have been in the National League by now

Great_Expectations

Dear oh dear, how long have you been waiting to start this thread in an attempt to justify the embarrassing one you started a few years ago?

To be fair at least you’ve finally come out and openly said it now, rather than hiding behind your unsubtle Robins Out campaign.

Don’t worry about responding, not interested in whataboutery and misdirection.

letsallsingtogether

How's your man Kenny Jackett getting on at Portsmouth Grendel?

Oh.

And how's the other guy you said you'd rather have than Robins getting on, Gareth Ainsworth?

Oh.
Well Kenny Jackett will be getting his coat again soon.

covmark

For all those who want Robins gone, who would you bring in to replace him with? Don't say 'it's not my job' or else you cant say you want him gone because 'its not your job' to decide that.

Doubt he would come, but I'd go for Wilder.

procdoc

Doubt he would come, but I'd go for Wilder.

We wouldn’t be able to afford a Chris Wilder. Despite how shite Sheff Utd have been this season, their 9th place finish last season means his stock is much higher than we could afford. So again, who would be a REALISTIC replacement that would be guaranteed to be better than Robins?

letsallsingtogether

Excuse my language but that forum is absolute cuntsville
Fuck me Evo have you read the shit on here lately?

The way they they have thread on a differant player or the manager every week you would think this was a Leicester of Villa site.
Fuck me they even think the sun shines out of Boddys arse.

Users who are viewing this thread