Taxi cancelled for Robins (3 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

We wouldn’t be able to afford a Chris Wilder. Despite how shite Sheff Utd have been this season, their 9th place finish last season means his stock is much higher than we could afford. So again, who would be a REALISTIC replacement that would be guaranteed to be better than Robins?
Jimmy Ginnelly could afford him?

David O'Day

We wouldn’t be able to afford a Chris Wilder. Despite how shite Sheff Utd have been this season, their 9th place finish last season means his stock is much higher than we could afford. So again, who would be a REALISTIC replacement that would be guaranteed to be better than Robins?

Him spending up to 20 million on McBurnie should reduce his stock, it won't though.

skyblue1991

It's stupid to ask for names, there are a thousand and one perfectly capable managers out there.
I dont get the argument to want a manager gone but when asked who should replace them say in the same breath that its not their job.

Surely if you want a manager gone you have someone in mind that is equal or better to replace them?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

I’m not at the point where I want him sacked or anything like that but like Earlsdon I’m getting increasingly frustrated with him as weeks go on, some of the decision making is just baffling.

The continued persistence with Biamou and O’Hare as our sole attackers, the inflexibility with the system and then inability to meaningfully change things in game are costing us big time. Add onto that the dreadful January window and our continued mismanagement of injured players and well, it’s hard not to be annoyed

A lot of mistakes were made in the summer too, like only having two loanees to play LWB, no bringing in any creative players aside from O’Hare and an asthmatic German, and most crucially in my opinion, putting ourselves in a box by only recruiting to play with wing.

I said after the Derby game that we’d have to be spectacularly poor to still go down this season and I stand by that, we only needed 10 points from out remaining 11 games and now we’re down to needing 9 from 9, however I’m a lot less confident that we’ll be able to do it now given the level of performance being shown.
Yesterday he should have changed things at half time or said to the players at half time you have 10 minutes to do something then I am changing it, we are hampered by injuries to an extent up front and our back up back ups are not exactly game changers so I do understand to a point BUT it should have been changed yesterday a lot lot sooner than it was ...If Godden is not fit enough to play a bigger part that 10 mins, or 8 minutes as it was yesterday, than he shouldn't be on the bench yet. Robins needs some new ideas and fucking fast because yesterday was the first time I was thinking he couldn't hack it !!

procdoc

I dont get the argument to want a manager gone but when asked who should replace them say in the same breath that its not their job.

Surely if you want a manager gone you have someone in mind that is equal or better to replace them?

It’s pointless asking for a realistic opinion on who would be a suitable replacement because you’re met with radio silence.
I think we should try and tempt Pep away from a potential quadruple at Man City and millions to spend on world class players. Easy this armchair management ain’t it!

higgs

There is no-one out there available better than robins at the moment

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

it's an awful shout as it's totally unrealistic

You might as well say "I'd give the job to the ghost of Rinus Michels"
He's had one good season in the Premier League, and yes it isn't necessarily his fault that Sheff Utd will be relegated as there was obviously a fall out with the board he is now a manager our of work, and a manager that has spent most of his career in League 1.

Chris Coleman wasn't unrealistic

I don't want Robins out by the way

letsallsingtogether

If a new manager could supply you with fast cars and fast women on demand, would you sack Robins now?

Hypothetically, of course.
Now that's differant, make the women a bit slower so I could keep up with them! Hell yeah.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yesterday he should have changed things at half time or said to the players at half time you have 10 minutes to do something then I am changing it, we are hampered by injuries to an extent up front and our back up back ups are not exactly game changers so I do understand to a point BUT it should have been changed yesterday a lot lot sooner than it was ...If Godden is not fit enough to play a bigger part that 10 mins, or 8 minutes as it was yesterday, than he shouldn't be on the bench yet. Robins needs some new ideas and fucking fast because yesterday was the first time I was thinking he couldn't hack it !!

The second half was a total non event as was much of the first after the customary sitters were missed. It concerns me that he was happy with what he saw and that dropping the easiest win in the league seems not to bother him.

Grendel

For all those who want Robins gone, who would you bring in to replace him with? Don't say 'it's not my job' or else you cant say you want him gone because 'its not your job' to decide that.

it’s a silly argument as the same then would apply to slade and thorn

Hobo

Get Mark Hughes in .......just to lend a hand ...then take it from there

Mark Hughes the manager who spent 46 million in 10 months and got QPR relegated before the season even finished.

He has spent considerable sums at all his clubs and achieved very little.

Sick Boy

The second half was a total non event as was much of the first after the customary sitters were missed. It concerns me that he was happy with what he saw and that dropping the easiest win in the league seems not to bother him.
Has he actually said he was happy with the performance?

Grendel

Has he actually said he was happy with the performance?

he seemed to think it was ok and that we did more than enough to win

Hobo

I really don't know where you get the idea he was happy from? In his post match interview he clearly wasnt happy with the missed chances or the second half.

Hobo

he seemed to think it was ok and that we did more than enough to win
We did do more than enough to win. Should have scored at least two and Wycombe could have easily folded. He said you have got to take your chance.

If he had ranted and raged...
You would be saying he has lost the plot.

Sick Boy

We did do more than enough to win. Should have scored at least two and Wycombe could have easily folded. He said you have got to take your chance.

If he had ranted and raged...
You would be saying he has lost the plot.
Yes but we didn’t, it’s the story of the season.

Grendel

Robins is quite clearly aiming for a point a game target to take our total to 48. Will that be enough who knows.

It probably would be and yes he seems to be now in that mindset

Grendel

Yes, tells you two things. Firstly that he is getting a reputation by not playing (where have we heard that before). Secondly, even though they are jn free fall, he still cannot get in the team.

He’d get in our team

David O'Day

He's had one good season in the Premier League, and yes it isn't necessarily his fault that Sheff Utd will be relegated as there was obviously a fall out with the board he is now a manager our of work, and a manager that has spent most of his career in League 1.

Chris Coleman wasn't unrealistic

I don't want Robins out by the way

Coleman had failed at 2 teams before us and we were a much more attractive proposition than we are now as we'd used been taken over they future looked brighter.

Wilder is the kind of manager a lower level PL or championship team will take a punt on so no he isn't realistic.

Evo1883

it’s a silly argument as the same then would apply to slade and thorn
Slade and thorn didn't win 2 promotions in 4 seasons though... Or start the club from rock bottom again and bring it up.

He deserves the chance, how easy do you think it is as a club with limited resources to replace a manager who has taken you up 2 leagues... Successful manager by any stretch of the imagination.

We spent 20 years trying to find our "Robins" I don't fancy more years of instability just because some (a small minority) of supporters want our most successful manager in 50 years gone

It's reactionary nonsense...

Let's also remember when people read your post, you've never liked Robins... So instantly there's always been a want to see him go for you

Grendel

Slade and thorn didn't win 2 promotions in 4 seasons though... Or start the club from rock bottom again and bring it up.

He deserves the chance, how easy do you think it is as a club with limited resources to replace a manager who has taken you up 2 leagues... Successful manager by any stretch of the imagination.

We spent 20 years trying to find our "Robins" I don't fancy more years of instability just because some (a small minority) of supporters want our most successful manager in 50 years gone

It's reactionary nonsense...

Let's also remember when people read your post, you've never liked Robins... So instantly there's always been a want to see him go for you

He’s not our most successful manager in 50 years

Grendel

He absolutely is though Grendel

Using your logic, neither is Jimmy Hill one of our most successful managers

You can’t compare him to managers who couldn’t attain promotion

Many of those managers had an objective of survival and until Strachan achieved it.

You now have a fairly comparable situation to those managers in this season and it’s a struggle

The other concern is his recruitment has been poor this season - few players have made the grade and the whole overseas recruitment strategy has lumbered us with players who are a wage burden

Like many managers he is one way or the highway and becomes more stubborn the more the problems get.

His decision making at this level is highly questionable

Users who are viewing this thread