talk sport asking for cov fans to call in - Fisher Interview (1 Viewer)

Otis

We are well and truly screwed thanks to sisu and there plans for the club, just have to hope for new owners who have the clubs interest at heart.
It's just a slow lingering death and more and more fans will simply drift away.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Why would it be on transfer fees alone?

Because most of the time they talk on Sky sports news, (Jim White being the main man pulled out during the transfer window countdown) during the transfer window they mainly concentrate on Premier league team talking about how Liverpool, Man Utd. etc. have an £X million budget usually for transfer fees alone.

Grendel

Again, as per my previous statement, I believe he is. Which he shouldn't

He is. The football related debt since take over is clearly a lot less but he will always quote the headline figure.

clint van damme

What an utter vulgarian.

Trying to blame the fans whilst admitting the owners have zero ambition and are quite happy with CCFC falling down the leagues as long as we are breaking even.
you get a like for using the word vulgarian.

Nick

Administrator
Because most of the time they talk on Sky sports news, (Jim White being the main man pulled out during the transfer window countdown) during the transfer window they mainly concentrate on Premier league team talking about how Liverpool, Man Utd. etc. have an £X million budget usually for transfer fees alone.

That's what I thought, this is what I meant the other day when I said about people not realising about the lower leagues.

tisza

what is sad is that we've dropped so far down the leagues that pundits/reporters aren't aware of our situation and it takes a high-profile protest for them to discuss it.
You have to wonder whether these TalkSport people even know that much about the Ricoh situation, the council, court cases etc.
Sadly with most media it's all about the Premier League and that's it.
Is there an email address for Jim White at talksport so i can send him more details about the history behind all this?

torchomatic

The only different thing I heard through the noise was "every club is for sale" when before it was CCFC is definitely not for sale.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Budgets are fine so long as there is hard cash left to spend. If the turnover is 4m that gives a budget of 2.4m but if other overheads/interest are 2m then the club cannot spend its budget and stay self sufficient.

The budget is the annual one per fisher.... The one they set at start of season ..... before crowds started going down. So surely must have changed.

Say the turnover is 4m then they spend 2.4m on player budget, what about the other wage costs? Could easily be 600k then there are the other overheads to operate, then the interest, and yet we are still making 1m profit. Have heard of creative accounting but something does not add up

Nick

Administrator
Budgets are fine so long as there is hard cash left to spend. If the turnover is 4m that gives a budget of 2.4m but if other overheads/interest are 2m then the club cannot spend its budget and stay self sufficient.

The budget is the annual one per fisher.... The one they set at start of season ..... before crowds started going down. So surely must have changed.

Say the turnover is 4m then they spend 2.4m on player budget, what about the other wage costs? Could easily be 600k then there are the other overheads to operate, then the interest, and yet we are still making 1m profit. Have heard of creative accounting but something does not add up

Is it april / may next year they come out?

Grendel

We are not spending £2.4 million. A budget is a calculation and means zilch I wish fans would get so caught up on it.

tisza

it becomes a vicious circle in that they have to sell Maddison to make this 1m profit.
So no Maddison sale and it's still a hefty loss. So hardly a resounding endorsement of Fisher's stewardship.
When you don't have a Maddison to sell then you need to sell 2/3/4 players to make that money.

Grendel

"the ballboys were crying"

was that when they saw Sordell was on the wing and Wright was in the team again ?

No they had mobiles and could see you were as usual making shite contributions on the match day thread.

martcov

what is sad is that we've dropped so far down the leagues that pundits/reporters aren't aware of our situation and it takes a high-profile protest for them to discuss it.
You have to wonder whether these TalkSport people even know that much about the Ricoh situation, the council, court cases etc.
Sadly with most media it's all about the Premier League and that's it.
Is there an email address for Jim White at talksport so i can send him more details about the history behind all this?

Give him a link to Simon's book....,;-)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
We are not spending £2.4 million. A budget is a calculation and means zilch I wish fans would get so caught up on it.

That's the point though isn't it to balance the accounts and make 1m profit then the only available cost is wages...... which feeds in to quality and numbers, and of course performance.

The 2.4 in the example was estimated actual spend...... should have made it clearer

fernandopartridge

No, I agree. But if the figure - be it £70m, £40m or £30m - is only looking at expense, and ignoring income; then it's disingenuous. Almost every player - I think - we've invested money in, we've got that back plus more. Players, as assets are unique in being able to provide a return on investment.

It's like going to the bookies; placing a £20 bet and winning at 3/1 and still claiming you're £20 'down' as you originally handed the bookie a twenty
On the converse it's like betting £20 at 3/1 and claiming you won £60.

That said, agree with all you say about transparency. For all the players we've sold for a fee there have been plenty we haven't. Fleck for example, how do you account for 4 years of wages?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

He is. The football related debt since take over is clearly a lot less but he will always quote the headline figure.

So, and on this unique occasion when we're as one, wouldn't you like the £70m claim dealt with once and for all? Wouldn't it be great for someone to scope through he accounts and trim out the old crap they claim credit for, look at the true net position of players out and in, and to get Fisher to agree - without conflation or bullshitting - and agree it's, say, less than £20m? Or £10m?

If ever there's time for clarity and no more smoke-and-mirrors, it's right now, with this figure; and no more duplicity from Tim 'I've Identified Three Locations For Our New Ground' Fisher?

dongonzalos

The only different thing I heard through the noise was "every club is for sale" when before it was CCFC is definitely not for sale.

So many conflicting statements over the years....

Joy is now hands on involved in all the decision making. She comes to games she is learning about football all the time.
SISU are different to the club they might not even know about these protests.
SISU are seperate to the club and the running of it.
Yes SISU make decisions over player sales as they are an asset in SISU's business.
SISU have put £70 million into CCFC.
The club is not for sale
Every league 1 club is available for sale.
We will never return to the Ricoh unless we are owners.
Any new stadium has to be outside of CCC duristruction
The Butts is our preferred stadium option.
The land will be announced in 3 weeks.
We do not bluster.
We batter people in court.
I am not a lawyer so I know nothing about the legal case.
The judge was wrong and doesn't understand law.
We would never have done the deal Wasps did.
The deal to Wasps was too low.
We need consistency and stability you can't keep changing managers (2011-12) 5 managers later......
The academy is the cornerstone of the club
The academy is homeless at the end of 2017.
Plan A new stadium
Plan B Ricoh deal
Plan A long term Ricoh deal
Plan B new stadium
Plan A Butts
Plan B new stadium
10k at the Butts
15k at the Butts
13k at the Butts
25k at the Butts
13k rising to 25k at the Butts.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Fisher said the club will be doing business in January..... got no choice really we lose 5 loan signings then don't we ? so got to rehire or replace. Of course those going create space in the budget...... and of course retaining a current loanee is technically new business

Always an element of truth in what he says...... but you have to look beyond and join up the dots

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That said, agree with all you say about transparency. For all the players we've sold for a fee there have been plenty we haven't. Fleck for example, how do you account for 4 years of wages?

Surely, that's different? Wages should be offset by income as it's a daily operational cost. Income should exceed expenditure. Only when it doesn't is external financing needed. If SISU employ a player, or players and then can't pay for them - it's their business planning that's awry; and they shouldn't seek 'credit' for investment when it's only to cover the short-sightedness of their own wage planning

Nick

Administrator

Then David Bell! 4 years FFS.

Eastwood, 1.2m I think and 4 years of a decent wage :(

Brylowes

if no money is spent in january talksport will be knocking on his door
Money maybe spent in January, but the key point was saying players will also
Be leaving, so overall it will be a negative number, I guarantee it.
Fell free to throw this in my face if I'm wrong.

Nick

Administrator
Surely, that's different? Wages should be offset by income as it's a daily operational cost. Income should exceed expenditure. Only when it doesn't is external financing needed. If SISU employ a player, or players and then can't pay for them - it's their business planning that's awry; and they shouldn't seek 'credit' for investment when it's only to cover the short-sightedness of their own wage planning

Surely when they talk about SISU investment they talk about money from SISU to CCFC. The players wage etc is then inside CCFC?

That post reads as backup to the whole break even thing?

martcov

I understand about SISU not wanting to realize a loss and wanting to break even until a mug/ bidder comes along. Unfortunately we are not, say, a cardboard box factory. There will be more protests and crowds will dwindle because we are a sports club which is supported because of the emotion obtained by achieving some form of sporting success. The aim of every club should be to compete or else why bother? Our aim is waiting for a bidder. At least the protest showed that there is passion still there- despite the lack of sporting ambition. That should be counted as a plus by any potential buyer.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Then David Bell! 4 years FFS.

Eastwood, 1.2m I think and 4 years of a decent wage :(

To go back to my first point, Bell was signed in 2009 - so during SISU's tenure. If they sign players, knowing the totality of their package includes an up-front investment plus wages - and they can't afford those wages against known incomes - then it's their own fault. If they then need subsequent cash injections because the business won't support the commitments they've sanctioned; then I don't expect them to then raise any such investment as a sign they've 'supported' the club with investment. They haven't. They've planned badly

Brylowes

The ball boys & girls comment is a crass attempt to whip up disgust and opposition to the protests,
They said on Sky they had been warned to expect the protest, the club would have known exactly
Where in the ground any protest would take place.
So there are steps they could have taken to ensure the kids were not in that particular area, so if it
Did happen they are just as culpable for putting them there.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So, and on this unique occasion when we're as one, wouldn't you like the £70m claim dealt with once and for all? Wouldn't it be great for someone to scope through he accounts and trim out the old crap they claim credit for, look at the true net position of players out and in, and to get Fisher to agree - without conflation or bullshitting - and agree it's, say, less than £20m? Or £10m?

If ever there's time for clarity and no more smoke-and-mirrors, it's right now, with this figure; and no more duplicity from Tim 'I've Identified Three Locations For Our New Ground' Fisher?

Have been through it several times on here. Bare bones is that in terms of hard cash then from memory

Sisu investors are owed 28m but only around 18m was hard cash. Then balance 10m , was made up of clever accounting relating to net liabilities taken over.

ARVO put in something like 13m some of which was converted into preference shares leaving around 8m still outstanding plus rolled up interest.

They have not funded 70m plus....... The details are in the accounts

Users who are viewing this thread