talk sport asking for cov fans to call in - Fisher Interview (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Tim Fisher constantly quoted before lats night "The football Club is not for sale"
Tim Fisher after last night " every football club is for sales & last night put off any investor"

The guy is full of it. i dont for one minute think that last night changed his stance on selling the club... i think he said that purely to try and piss the fans off , wind up merchant.

Perhaps he meant after last night, any investor will now offer less, so it's the fans fault SISU won't get as much as they'd hoped... ;)

Colin Steins Smile

Tim Fisher stating that the fans protest is putting off investment is laughable.
If you were an investor you would consider a number of variables:
1. Coventry is the 9th largest city in UK with a catchment area covering an additional population of 1.5m. All without a top level football club.
2. Coventry & Warwickshire is securing significant investment into the car and other industries, which will bring new people to the area with higher disposable incomes.
3. There will be large scale house building in the surrounding area to feed the employment needs of Coventry.
There are other factors, but the next 10 years could be the most positive for Coventry & Warwickshire since the 1960's. The club needs to consider how they enthuse the population.

Paxman II

...so moving this on assuming we are for sale then, who are likely to want us?
Yes there is huge potential for a big city club, our history demonstrates that but we have no assets to speak of with only a tentative rent arrangement at the Ricoh.
Pretty big obstacles for any new owners.
Breaking even and treading water is one thing which could be seen by potential buyers that only modest investment would make the difference to move the club forward.

So is this not the time for Hoffman and his cohorts to return to the fray? Or any others who fancy us? New owners could surely work a long term deal with the Ricoh acceptable to WASP and CCFC? New owners could mend all those destroyed bridges with the council among others. A clean slate to work from.

So the big question is why is there no formal offers coming forward?

dongonzalos

Yes there is huge potential for a big city club, our history demonstrates that but we have no assets to speak of with only a tentative rent arrangement at the Ricoh.
Breaking even and treading water is one thing which could be seen by potential buyers that only modest investment would make the difference to move the club forward.

So is this not the time for Hoffman and his cohorts to return to the fray? Or any others who fancy us? New owners could surely work a long term deal with the Ricoh acceptable to WASP and CCFC? New owners could mend all those destroyed bridges with the council among others. A clean slate to work from.

Would you try and do a deal with SISU or would you sit and wait and hope for administration?
Today is the first time SISU have ever admitted in public that the club is for sale BTW.

Ranjit Bhurpa

That's the thing, communication lacks on the basic things from the ground up as well as basic customer service. If they sorted that it's a start.
Trouble is the first rule of communications is the ability to listen. Fisher needs to remember he has two ears and one mouth and to use them in that proportion.

shmmeee

Thing is Sisu have been here nine years and didn't really get any real protest from the fans for, what? The first 5 or 6 years.

It's not like we have fans like Newcastle that would turn at the first hint of no instant success. We've just been shat in repeatedly. We'd probably overcompensate and give the next owner more slack because they aren't Sisu.

We aren't attractive because we've got no ground, no academy, no training ground soon, no players, and have burnt every possible bridge we can with the fans and local community. And that ain't the fans fault. That's all squarely on the shoulders of whoever oversees long term strategy at the club *ahem*.

JulianDarbyFTW

I haven't listened to talksport, but what I would say is that from what I've heard from Fisher before I genuinely think he wants to get this club moving in the right direction. I really do. Trouble is, he has absolutely no idea how to go about it, and therefore just talks around the issues and bluffs and blusters, because he can't put his hands up and say he's completely out of his depth. Instead he deflects the blame onto others. Having said that, he has to follow the direction he's given from above - most of us who are employees do - so I do doubt his suggestion that SISU aren't involved. I think the best course of action for SISU (assuming they wish to retain control) is to replace Fisher. He's one constant in the last few years of shit. Like they say, if it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Sky Blue Harry H

Not got time to go through all this thread so sorry if this has been covered, but I listened to most of TF's interview (thought talk Sport did well, because they didn't rant at him - please note tonight's callers). What I did prick my ears up at was his claim that the club had gone from losing £15M a year (think it was that) to making a profit of £1M a year )he DID say that). If they only want to break even, surely that £1M should be going back on the pitch? (or am I missing something??)

dongonzalos

Don't think any investors were there, but perhaps if they were watching on TV, and they understand football (which clearly Fisher doesn't) they may feel that the CCFC is worth the effort as despite 9 years of continual dross there are fans who are prepared to stand up for their club and fight for its future.

They may even see the potential of the fan base if we ever had some success.

Exactly this !!!

dongonzalos

I don't think he said it to wind up the fans
He said because of the protests you could see the players shoulders drop.
He said why would any new manager come when they see protests like that.
He said the owners don't attend games and so effectively the protests are pointless.
When it was pointed out to him that this was a peaceful protest including old women holding signs.
He said that the ball boys were crying.
He said every club is up for sale and this club is a good investment as all the hard work is done. However with the protests investors will be put off.

All of the above was what he wanted to get out of that interview. He isn't trying to wind fans up he is trying to play emotional blackmail to quell future protests.

Unfortunately even if any of the above is true. It is now the classic boy who cried wolf. Fans do not believe him anymore.

What is certain he does not want these protests. He is representive of SISU. So that means they do not want these protests.

Captain Dart

Not got time to go through all this thread so sorry if this has been covered, but I listened to most of TF's interview (thought talk Sport did well, because they didn't rant at him - please note tonight's callers). What I did prick my ears up at was his claim that the club had gone from losing £15M a year (think it was that) to making a profit of £1M a year )he DID say that). If they only want to break even, surely that £1M should be going back on the pitch? (or am I missing something??)

For the nth time the club has not yet made a profit
Fisher is making claims that are not backed up by accounts, I'll believe it if I see it.
Anyway, what do profits matter to the fans, what matters is success on the pitch.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Don't buy his bollocks that protests will stop us being taken over that has appeared today, its all bullshit.

His stance has always been the club is not for sale and SISU are not selling, now he's saying that protests will stop a takeover and dangling the carrot that a takeover could happen if protests stop.

Don't be sucked in, keep up the good work and keep fighting the good cause!

stupot07

Totally agree, there's breaking even as part of a greater strategy for progressing the club and breaking even while letting the club drift into oblivion.
I think the problem is you need to get costs down sufficiently in order to rebuild and implement a progressive strategy. We will likely need to hit rock bottom before we start to rise again, and as bleak as it seems we aren't quite there yet.

I personally feel the breakeven position will make us more attractive to perspective owners, means any money they do put in will add value rather than the situation we had in the championship of pumping in £5-7m pa just to maintain the status quo of treading water near the bottom of thr league.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Really cringe when people say "Listen" in an interview after the game. John Terry loves it!
Sorry to change from football to cricket, but Paul Collingwood said 'listen' every third word in an interview

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

"Fans are the mainstay"

"My job is to balance between owners and supporters" - worst possible bloke who could do such a job! His position is untenable

It has been for years but he's still there.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Really not sure that there haven't or there isn't potential investors around. Yes there might be concern about fans protests but it is not beyond the wit of man to spin that as how passionate the fan base is about their club despite the troubles foisted upon them and poor product on the pitch.

I would think the biggest stumbling block is the unrealistic expectations of the owner due to how big a hole they have dug.

the rumpo kid

because like sisu tried to destroy acl and higgs other could be waiting until sisu are begging to get rid of us.?

Users who are viewing this thread