Take Us Home! rally: 1pm, Sat 10 May, Council House, Earl St, Cov (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

23 times this season @ Dickfields + two London demos + Arsenal FAC (all sides) + march last summer (all sides) + this summer's march (all sides) not enough? :D

I think the poster is probably referring to events organised by your group as you are saying all sides are responsible but seem to be targeting only one.

Grendel

I'm saying that you get all grumpy when people take against SISU, and that you've tried to pretend that it's "orchestrated" because it hurt your feelings (Nuremburg Rally, ffs!).

Then I'm saying that you're OK, because that isn't likely to occur at Sixfields, because clearly most people there aren't going to protest about SISU. Tell me I'm wrong.

I think you might also be suggesting here that people aren't going to Sixfields because they don't want to make the effort. But maybe I'm reading too much into it. Like they say, it never works when you have to explain it.

As we are playing all 46 games away from home if the games at Sixfields and the games away from Sixfields on average have attracted similar numbers I would suggest Andreasb's theory would be correct - wouldn't you?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

you know what , I thought the march last year was going to be "non political" and so I attended - and it just turned into a well orchestrated Sisu out parade which of course had no longlasting affect at all.

On the contrary the Sisu out protests were the most spontaneous part of the march,it was the fans (you've heard of such people I presume?) who were chanting Sisu Out,had home made banners and ones they had bought themselves proclaiming the same. Another thing as the organizers were concerned that there would only be a couple of hundred people there how did they orchestrate it?

Grendel

I think the poster is probably referring to events organised by your group as you are saying all sides are responsible but seem to be targeting only one.

Which is no different to kcic or the trust is it. Its about balance.

Your obsession with defending the council and ACL is obsessional and disturbing.

chiefdave

Indeed, maybe someone who thinks we should be protesting against the council should attend a trust meeting and propose it. In fact I seems to recall Robs group appears immediately after all the other groups had called for unity just serving to further split the fan base rather than taking a route such as that.

I have no issue with anyone protesting against the council, if a valid reason for doing so was put forward I would travel up and join the protest. I have an issue with this protest given its timing and th fact that the people organising it are pushing a candidatesin the election shortly afterwards but my biggest issue is that the simple question of what is the aim and what the council should be doing remains unanswered. Lets say Ann Lucas turns up and asks Rob what he wants her to do to resolve the issue, from what we've been told thats a question he doesn't have an answer to rendering the whole exercise somewhat pointless.

will am i

As we are playing all 46 games away from home if the games at Sixfields and the games away from Sixfields on average have attracted similar numbers I would suggest Andreasb's theory would be correct - wouldn't you?
no. never been to sixfields have been to 21 away games. that is times 4 people. wont go to sixfields because we shouldnt be playing there - dont give a toss who you want to blame for us being there. All idiots in my opinon.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Your obsession with defending the council and ACL is obsessional and disturbing.

I love CCC and ACL obsessional and disturbing I know,but what can I do? I'm just sorry that I cant extend the same emotion to Sisu I promise I'll try but in the meantime I'll leave that to you.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

So long as "SISU OUT" chants are not banned, c'est vie.
Are the "SISU OUT" perasuation crowd or dare I say the majority of the "pro "Coventry city supporters" tolerated or welcomed?

Have police been consulted? Reminds me almost of the National Front v Anti Nazi League confrontations of the late 70's. Stretching it a bit I admit!!

Rob S

Indeed, maybe someone who thinks we should be protesting against the council should attend a trust meeting and propose it. In fact I seems to recall Robs group appears immediately after all the other groups had called for unity just serving to further split the fan base rather than taking a route such as that.

Wrong. The call for unity came from Michael Orton after we had appeared. We worked together on a proposal for the Sky Blue Trust meeting in November.

Since the Council were responsible for us getting 10pts docked this season I’ve found out enough evidence to convince me that they have a lot to answer for and share responsibility in moving this forward. I’ve been far more anti-Sisu than most over the years but ended up speaking to enough people who were well-connected enough and well-informed enough to change my view. I’d have an easier life if I ignored all that and just got on with hating Sisu but I know that there is a quicker end to this palaver if all sides take responsibility. Sisu Out fundamentalism will prolong this dispute and further damage our club. This doesn't mean I want Sisu around, have any love for them or any of that waffle. This is not a zero-sum game.

I have no issue with anyone protesting against the council, if a valid reason for doing so was put forward I would travel up and join the protest. I have an issue with this protest given its timing and the fact that the people organising it are pushing a candidates in the election shortly afterwards but my biggest issue is that the simple question of what is the aim and what the council should be doing remains unanswered. Lets say Ann Lucas turns up and asks Rob what he wants her to do to resolve the issue, from what we've been told thats a question he doesn't have an answer to rendering the whole exercise somewhat pointless.
RS: Hi Ann. Good to see you again. How’s everything going?

AL: Hi Rob. Not too bad although this whole saga is a total pain in the arse and we need to get it sorted out. What do you think?

RS: Well, get on the phone to Joy Seppala and get a meeting sorted. Say you will talk about all options for a resolution and be prepared to negotiate a long lease (say 125 years) with the standard covenants that would mean that if the club / leaseholder went bust, liquidated or otherwise that the lease would revert to the freeholder (CCC).

In return there must be independent valuations made for that lease, other negotiations regarding outstanding contracts held by ACL (inc. the Compass one) & settling of all of ACL’s outstanding liabilities.

AL: I’m dialling right now…

[FX TELEPHONE RINGING - DISTORT]

JS: Hello?

[FADE to black]

[End credits]

letsallsingtogether

Ha Ha heard it all now. Balance/obsession coming from you Hypocrite.
From the man who does nothing but blame CCC for everything.
Don't even live in our Area and want us to vote for someone who has only one policy?

Last edited:

Sky Blues

RS: Hi Ann. Good to see you again. How’s everything going?

AL: Hi Rob. Not too bad although this whole saga is a total pain in the arse and we need to get it sorted out. What do you think?

RS: Well, get on the phone to Joy Seppala and get a meeting sorted. Say you will talk about all options for a resolution and be prepared to negotiate a long lease (say 125 years) with the standard covenants that would mean that if the club / leaseholder went bust, liquidated or otherwise that the lease would revert to the freeholder (CCC).

In return there must be independent valuations made for that lease, other negotiations regarding outstanding contracts held by ACL (inc. the Compass one) & settling of all of ACL’s outstanding liabilities.

AL: I’m dialling right now…

[FX TELEPHONE RINGING - DISTORT]

JS: Hello?

[FADE to black]

[End credits]

Are you saying plans to get back to the Ricoh end when JS gets involved? :eek:

skybluefred

Wrong. The call for unity came from Michael Orton after we had appeared. We worked together on a proposal for the Sky Blue Trust meeting in November.

Since the Council were responsible for us getting 10pts docked this season I’ve found out enough evidence to convince me that they have a lot to answer for and share responsibility in moving this forward. I’ve been far more anti-Sisu than most over the years but ended up speaking to enough people who were well-connected enough and well-informed enough to change my view. I’d have an easier life if I ignored all that and just got on with hating Sisu but I know that there is a quicker end to this palaver if all sides take responsibility. Sisu Out fundamentalism will prolong this dispute and further damage our club. This doesn't mean I want Sisu around, have any love for them or any of that waffle. This is not a zero-sum game.

The Council where not responsible for the 10 point deduction .Sisu by refusing to pay the rent are entirely responsible for the points reduction

Jim

The council are not responsible for the points deduction and to think so is showing a total disregard for actual events and causality.

The rejection of the CVA might have been the final step but the major cause was the deliberate non-payment of rent by SISU in an attempt to destabilise ACL, thinly veiled as petulant sulk about the price.

The council could have done things better but they remain a minor cause of our current issues.

What would you have them do?

Reduce rent? Already offered multiple times.

Give away ACL/Ricoh? Why should the council pander to 10% of the populous to the detriment of the other 90%.

So, please, can we have a suggestion as to a realistic action that the council should take that has not already been tried or that is actually feasible given their accountability to city at large.

Grendel

The council are not responsible for the points deduction and to think so is showing a total disregard for actual events and causality.

The rejection of the CVA might have been the final step but the major cause was the deliberate non-payment of rent by SISU in an attempt to destabilise ACL, thinly veiled as petulant sulk about the price.

The council could have done things better but they remain a minor cause of our current issues.

What would you have them do?

Reduce rent? Already offered multiple times.

Give away ACL/Ricoh? Why should the council pander to 10% of the populous to the detriment of the other 90%.

So, please, can we have a suggestion as to a realistic action that the council should take that has not already been tried or that is actually feasible given their accountability to city at large.

I would urge the council to tell CCFC to fuck off and to make the Ricoh a community asset. Let's make it free for all the citizens of Coventry -- well unless they dont pay £5 grand for 90 minutes. What do you say "community" Jim?

letsallsingtogether

So all councils let out there pitches for free didn't know that paid subs all those years for nothing.

I would urge the council to tell CCFC to fuck off and to make the Ricoh a community asset. Let's make it free for all the citizens of Coventry -- well unless they dont pay £5 grand for 90 minutes. What do you say "community" Jim?

letsallsingtogether

I forgot Northampton Council let out there football grounds out for free,
One of them being There world class community asset built on an old rubbish tip.

Grendel

So all councils let out there pitches for free didn't know that paid subs all those years for nothing.

Swansea, hull, forest, Ipswich all let their pitches out to their professional teams for less than £5,000 a game.

Keep swallowing the council bullshit my friend. One day the crushing reality will dawn and the bullshit will stick in your throat.

letsallsingtogether

But you said it should be free?

I just asked you to name a council who do it for free.

Come on I am still waiting.

Oh and as a City fan I am quite used to hearing Bullshit so it won't be the first or last time..

Swansea, hull, forest, Ipswich all let their pitches out to their professional teams for less than £5,000 a game.

Keep swallowing the council bullshit my friend. One day the crushing reality will dawn and the bullshit will stick in your throat.

chiefdave

I’ve found out enough evidence to convince me that they have a lot to answer

Excellent, will this be published in the manifesto? This is exactly the kind of thing you need to be getting out to people to gain support. Show some evidence of what the council have done wrong and I sure there will be a change of opinion amongst fans. Not all of them obviously as we all know how stubborn people can be but you've got to start somewhere.

You've pretty much proved my point here. You're asking the council to do something SISU have stated they aren't interested in. Now if you've spoken with SISU and they have said this is a viable way forward then excellent, make that know and we can all put pressure on the council to offer such a deal.

chiefdave

In my opinion the whole thing should have been setup as a non profit from day one. Not sure it then follows that everything is free as that would require subsidy but with no profit required prices for all uses should drop.

There needs to be more vision from the council. They are now talking about the sports centre in town closing, if they had, in the 10 years its been there, achieved more with the area around the Ricoh, including crucially making it easily accessible then that part of the city would be a great location for a new sports centre as part of a sports hub which would, I imagine, be a cheaper chunk of land than in the city centre. Freeing up the land they own there for other use and greater revenue generation.

sky blue john

Gauging the interest on here I don't hold out much hope for this event. Not one person has said they will be there.
At the least I would have expected all the council haters like Grendell and Covmark to have confirmed their attendance !!!!
Well at least we don't have to wait long to find out how many people blame the council more than Sisu.
How many people need to attend for an event to be classed as a rally ?

Snozz_is_god

23 times this season @ Dickfields + two London demos + Arsenal FAC (all sides) + march last summer (all sides) + this summer's march (all sides) not enough? :D

You've protested 23 times at sixfields, rubbish, absolute claptrap, you've been sucking up to fisher more like.

By going to sixfields you are giving SISU tacit approval of their stance.

Mr T - Sukka!

Why is it the problems start when SISU have to pay for something?

Anyway good luck with the 16 of you meeting up.

You lost the majority when you said its not a SISU out demo.

Nick

Administrator
Why is it the problems start when SISU have to pay for something?

Anyway good luck with the 16 of you meeting up.

You lost the majority when you said its not a SISU out demo.

Where have these massive sisu out demos been with the majority?

edgy

Gauging the interest on here I don't hold out much hope for this event. Not one person has said they will be there.
At the least I would have expected all the council haters like Grendell and Covmark to have confirmed their attendance !!!!
Well at least we don't have to wait long to find out how many people blame the council more than Sisu.
How many people need to attend for an event to be classed as a rally ?

Love how you're STILL playing supporter v supporter just to get some kind of one up. Pathetic and folk like you are a major part of the reason we can't find common ground to stand together.

Last edited:

SBS

Excellent, will this be published in the manifesto? This is exactly the kind of thing you need to be getting out to people to gain support. Show some evidence of what the council have done wrong and I sure there will be a change of opinion amongst fans. Not all of them obviously as we all know how stubborn people can be but you've got to start somewhere.

Agreed, tell us what you have heard that changed your mind!

GaryPendrysEyes

The use of 'Cov Back to Ricoh' and 'Take Us Home' are very dishonest and misleading slogans by this group. I'm surprised no one has challenged the name of the group with the election office it is so misleading- probably 'cos no one gives a sh*t anymore.

The group opposes the return to the Ricoh on any rental basis (however low) and is really a 'Council, Sell Sisu The Ricoh' group, with an anti-council agenda.

If it was honest, then fair enough, but it isnt. Best avoided methinks....

Users who are viewing this thread