Take Us Home! rally: 1pm, Sat 10 May, Council House, Earl St, Cov (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Love how you're STILL playing supporter v supporter just to get some kind of one up. Pathetic and folk like you are a major part of the reason we can't find common ground to stand together.

IronyMeter1.gif

wince

Still need the question answering ,What do you want the council to do ?? , I want them , give the club 125 year lease, access to f/b , all matchday revenue and a low pepper corn rent , but sisu don't want that ,they want the free hold. What difference does having the freehold make to running costs of the club ??

edgy

Great gif but in your haste to use it, you seem to have misplaced it. Where's there irony? Are you implying I still play supporter v supporter? If so, please provide recent evidence of this. If you can't, I expect a full apology on here, GMK and a letter in the CT.

mrtrench

Rob, is there any way that you can work with Michael on something "neutral" like the March?

I'm not sure what the purpose of a neutral demonstration would be. The whole point of such things, surely, is that they are targeted at someone who feels embarrassed by the attention.

duffer

Wrong. The call for unity came from Michael Orton after we had appeared. We worked together on a proposal for the Sky Blue Trust meeting in November.

Since the Council were responsible for us getting 10pts docked this season I’ve found out enough evidence to convince me that they have a lot to answer for and share responsibility in moving this forward. I’ve been far more anti-Sisu than most over the years but ended up speaking to enough people who were well-connected enough and well-informed enough to change my view. I’d have an easier life if I ignored all that and just got on with hating Sisu but I know that there is a quicker end to this palaver if all sides take responsibility. Sisu Out fundamentalism will prolong this dispute and further damage our club. This doesn't mean I want Sisu around, have any love for them or any of that waffle. This is not a zero-sum game.

RS: Hi Ann. Good to see you again. How’s everything going?

AL: Hi Rob. Not too bad although this whole saga is a total pain in the arse and we need to get it sorted out. What do you think?

RS: Well, get on the phone to Joy Seppala and get a meeting sorted. Say you will talk about all options for a resolution and be prepared to negotiate a long lease (say 125 years) with the standard covenants that would mean that if the club / leaseholder went bust, liquidated or otherwise that the lease would revert to the freeholder (CCC).

In return there must be independent valuations made for that lease, other negotiations regarding outstanding contracts held by ACL (inc. the Compass one) & settling of all of ACL’s outstanding liabilities.

AL: I’m dialling right now…

[FX TELEPHONE RINGING - DISTORT]

JS: Hello?

[FADE to black]

[End credits]

Just to be clear here then Rob, what you're saying is that the Council should give a 125-year lease to SISU, and in effect wind-up ACL, correct?

I'm not trying to pretend that you're saying that this should be done for nothing by the way, I'd accept you've never said that - but I'm trying to understand what you think it is that the Council could do.

chiefdave

Just to be clear here then Rob, what you're saying is that the Council should give a 125-year lease to SISU, and in effect wind-up ACL, correct?

I'm not trying to pretend that you're saying that this should be done for nothing by the way, I'd accept you've never said that - but I'm trying to understand what you think it is that the Council could do.

Something like that would work, once they've got the lease it would be up to SISU if they wind up ACL or not. The best thing for the campaign would be to get someone from the SISU side to confirm they would be agreeable to this. I suspect there would be a lot more support if it was clearly stated a deal of this kind was the aim and that SISU would agree to it.

covcity4life

Great gif but in your haste to use it, you seem to have misplaced it. Where's there irony? Are you implying I still play supporter v supporter? If so, please provide recent evidence of this. If you can't, I expect a full apology on here, GMK and a letter in the CT.

haahhaha shmeee got ripped to pieces.

duffer

Something like that would work, once they've got the lease it would be up to SISU if they wind up ACL or not. The best thing for the campaign would be to get someone from the SISU side to confirm they would be agreeable to this. I suspect there would be a lot more support if it was clearly stated a deal of this kind was the aim and that SISU would agree to it.

Chief, I'm not sure how that would work, but I'd certainly like it explained. ACL aren't controlled or wholly-owned by the Council, and currently hold the lease - so that would have to be broken by CCC, presumably with compensation. Similarly, as long as ACL can pay their way, only they can choose to wind themselves up.

In essence then, aren't we back to SISU getting a long lease and buying out ACL? There's a third party here, Higgs, who could stop the latter of course.

In truth I'm not trying to shoot it all down, but I would like to know if this is what Rob's group are asking for.

Edit: He also mentions settling ACL's outstanding liabilities - of which there is £14m in mortgage held by the Council. Is Rob suggesting that SISU settle that in full too?

Last edited:

chiefdave

Chief, I'm not sure how that would work, but I'd certainly like it explained. ACL aren't controlled or wholly-owned by the Council, and currently hold the lease - so that would have to be broken by CCC, presumably with compensation. Similarly, as long as ACL can pay their way, only they can choose to wind themselves up.

In essence then, aren't we back to SISU getting a long lease and buying out ACL? There's a third party here, Higgs, who could stop the latter of course.

In truth I'm not trying to shoot it all down, but I would like to know if this is what Rob's group are asking for.

For it to work SISU would have to purchase the 50% stake owned by Higgs which they seem prepared to sell. Then they would need to purchase the 50% owned by the council which obviously they council would have to agree to. Once they own 100% of ACL they can do pretty much what they want in terms of ending ACL. The loan would have to be dealt with but that would be pretty much the only issue. The council could then extend the lease with a peppercorn rent payable after the current lease period expires.

While Higgs could stop this my feeling is they wouldn't if the rest of it was agreed to by the council dependent of course on how much SISU offer for their share and if they want to, or indeed can without trouble from the Charity Commission, sell for that amount.

shmmeee

The irony was in that very post. For another example check the thread you made claiming everyone who was on this site was one person with multiple names.

You and your merry men have spent the last few months constantly having a go at any fan who diagrees with your view or asks reasonable questions of you while simultaneously slagging off everyone else. In fact its become so ridiculous that you yourself got caught in the crossfire from Grendel until it was pointed out that this was "friendly fire" and quickly withdrawn when he realised that you're one of the "appropriate fans".

By far the biggest amount of division is caused by people like yourself and your cheerleaders in this thread telling other fans what they are and aren't allowed to feel about this situation. It's pathetic the level of bullying someone on this site receives if they dare question any of you.

You may not be the worse offender Edgy, but you are certainly guilty as this thread shows and align yourself with the nastier elements of our fanbase who seem to enjoy nothing more than looking down on the majority of fans. The final line of your post shows you up for that.

How about instead of constantly telling other fans they're shit, you make your case and defend it?

Or at least get off your high horse and admit you're no better than anyone else. Fucking sick of reading on here about who is and isn't a decent fan FFS.

So no, it wasn't misplaced, that's just your sense of self-importance.

torchomatic

You and your merry men have spent the last few months constantly having a go at any fan who diagrees with your view or asks reasonable questions of you while simultaneously slagging off everyone else.

By far the biggest amount of division is caused by people like yourself and your cheerleaders in this thread telling other fans what they are and aren't allowed to feel about this situation. It's pathetic the level of bullying someone on this site receives if they dare question any of you.

Or at least get off your high horse and admit you're no better than anyone else. Fucking sick of reading on here about who is and isn't a decent fan FFS.

IronyMeter1.jpg

May I respectfully point you in the direction of MMM, jack, Spion, @Rich, SBJ, SBK, Bigfatron and many others regarding the whole "decent fan" thing.
Love

T. XX

Last edited:

duffer

For it to work SISU would have to purchase the 50% stake owned by Higgs which they seem prepared to sell. Then they would need to purchase the 50% owned by the council which obviously they council would have to agree to. Once they own 100% of ACL they can do pretty much what they want in terms of ending ACL. The loan would have to be dealt with but that would be pretty much the only issue. The council could then extend the lease with a peppercorn rent payable after the current lease period expires.

While Higgs could stop this my feeling is they wouldn't if the rest of it was agreed to by the council dependent of course on how much SISU offer for their share and if they want to, or indeed can without trouble from the Charity Commission, sell for that amount.

Ah - OK, so we're back to the roadmap, in essence. I think that's a three-way negotiation, rather than something that the Council can do unilaterally.

I'm after what Rob wants the Council to do - in other words what he'd tell Ann Lucas to do, had he the chance...

lewys33

oh no he DITENT! ..........

Get a grip, jesus christ!

edgy

The irony was in that very post. For another example check the thread you made claiming everyone who was on this site was one person with multiple names.

You and your merry men have spent the last few months constantly having a go at any fan who diagrees with your view or asks reasonable questions of you while simultaneously slagging off everyone else. In fact its become so ridiculous that you yourself got caught in the crossfire from Grendel until it was pointed out that this was "friendly fire" and quickly withdrawn when he realised that you're one of the "appropriate fans".

You may not be the worse offender Edgy, but you are certainly guilty as this thread shows and align yourself with the nastier elements of our fanbase who seem to enjoy nothing more than looking down on the majority of fans. The final line of your post shows you up for that.

How about instead of constantly telling other fans they're shit, you make your case and defend it?

So no, it wasn't misplaced, that's just your sense of self-importance.

Nah. It was misplaced. That thread you mention was a laugh, which if you read it, is obvious.

Im no better fan than anyone. Never claimed to be. Something else yoy won't find evidence of.

lewys33

Nah. It was misplaced. That thread you mention was a laugh, which if you read it, is obvious.

Im no better fan than anyone. Never claimed to be. Apart from here:

I am a massive super fan and you are a cretin with a tiny ball bag. Mine is massively bigger.

Glad I managed to quote the real comment before you changed it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread