Take Us Home! rally: 1pm, Sat 10 May, Council House, Earl St, Cov (1 Viewer)

Rob S

This is a Get Cov Back to the Ricoh organised event but we’re holding this under the Take Us Home! banner as an event for all fans who want to get together and keep the issue of us playing away from Cov in the spotlight.

To quote my mate Stuart Cosgrove:
“This will be the first full demonstration during a weekend for us, when more people are available. We welcome all fans and people who care about the club’s future and want to see a Ricoh return next season, regardless or who owns the stadium or the club.

“If you only blame the club’s owners, this demonstration is not for you. We are not apologists for Sisu. They have made mistakes and we have publicly criticised them. We have supported other fans’ activities. But if you believe all sides should shoulder responsibility, now is the time to hold the council to account, whatever comes from the forthcoming Judicial Review, which may or may not move the situation forward.”

---
We’ll be throwing our support behind the Sky Blue Trust march later in the summer and we also want to help drum up some more interest in the Fix Football petition as we think that it’s important to keep people’s interest up and make sure that people don’t start forgetting about what is going on.

Joey Crone made some good points – based off Tom Furnivall-Adams’ original united fans march idea – on the latest Nii Lamptey Show podcast: that we need to have ‘Cov fans pulling together, being in the same place and talking and not being acrimonious’ and he’s spot on.

Come on down to hang out with other Cov fans regardless of which games you go to, who you blame for what and so forth.

Take-Us-Home-Sat-10-May.jpg

Snozz_is_god

That's it demonstrate outside the council house on a none working day, when the council house will be empty.

Not for me I'm afraid, I blame SISU 100%

wingy

Will there be any MP's ,Coucillors ,prospective councillors present ,only the club seem to take a dim view of such ,according to the last SCG minutes?

Nick

Administrator
Rob, is there any way that you can work with Michael on something "neutral" like the March?

Rob S

That's it demonstrate outside the council house on a none working day, when the council house will be empty.

This is for all the people that complained that our petition hand-in demo was on a weekday when they were working / at school / college / etc. You can't please all of the people all of the time :D

dongonzalos

Maybe someone could do a fathers for justice moment and absail from the gallery on top on TF or AK (depending on your preference whikst dressed as Skyblue Sam)

Rob S

Rob, is there any way that you can work with Michael on something "neutral" like the March?

The march is a Trust event AFAIK and we're waiting for confirmation of the details but yes, definitely. Spoke to SB the other day and he said he was waiting for dates...marches are a lot more work due to needing approval and so forth.

torchomatic

Ah, like when KCiC demonstrated outside SISU and FL headquarters when no one was there, do you mean?

Not for me I'm afraid, I blame SISU 100%

ccfcway

"if you believe all sides should shoulder responsibility, now is the time to hold the council to account"

:thinking about:

I assume there is another even when "now is the time to hold SISU to account" then ?

chiefdave

"if you believe all sides should shoulder responsibility, now is the time to hold the council to account"

Have to agree, this seems totally one sided.

Also think it would probably be better to have this after the elections, having it a couple of weeks before will make people think this is politicised what with Get Cov Back to the Ricoh running a candidate. May well put some people off from attending who would be happy to attend a non political protest - well as non political as you can be when protesting against the council.

AndreasB

Best approach as Nick said would be for both these folks and the Trust to unite and agree an action, could be very powerful. Wonder if poor old Michael will mention this in his weekly ramble.

Snozz_is_god

I doubt he'll even get the 30, that were there last time. Well especially without Les Reid promoting it.

Oh yea! where is Les Reid, he's awfully quiet these days. :whistle:

AndreasB

Have to agree, this seems totally one sided.

Also think it would probably be better to have this after the elections, having it a couple of weeks before will make people think this is politicised what with Get Cov Back to the Ricoh running a candidate. May well put some people off from attending who would be happy to attend a non political protest - well as non political as you can be when protesting against the council.

you know what , I thought the march last year was going to be "non political" and so I attended - and it just turned into a well orchestrated Sisu out parade which of course had no longlasting affect at all.

duffer

Until the JR is done and dusted, I still don't really see what the council can do, or say for that matter.

The council (officers and councillors) take the line that their legal advisors have told them not to comment. I know that Rob doesn't agree with this, the argument being that sub judice doesn't necessarily apply.

I think that misses the point - any comment made by anyone involved with the council now before the trial risks being picked apart word by word, and spun by the other side during the trial. Who under such circumstances, would want to take that risk. I'm not surprised people have been advised to avoid comment.

I think for that reason alone the protest is somewhat pointless. If the Council can't comment until after the JR, then I'd say that's the right time to ramp up the pressure if we honestly think they're doing the wrong thing.

duffer

you know what , I thought the march last year was going to be "non political" and so I attended - and it just turned into a well orchestrated Sisu out parade which of course had no longlasting affect at all.

'Well-orchestrated'? Were you ordered to shout 'SISU Out' at gunpoint?

Could it be, perhaps, that what went on at the march reflected the majority of popular opinion at that time?

AndreasB

'Well-orchestrated'? Were you ordered to shout 'SISU Out' at gunpoint?

Could it be, perhaps, that what went on at the march reflected the majority of popular opinion at that time?

Yes . Which was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jack Griffin

There was no orchestration at all. SISU OUT chanting broke out entirely spontaneously.

duffer

Yes . Which was wrong.

Right, so not orchestrated then, just that you, personally, didn't like it. Maybe you should stay away from large gatherings of CCFC supporters, they seem to upset you rather.

You'll be OK at Sixfields though. ;)

AndreasB

Right, so not orchestrated then, just that you, personally, didn't like it. Maybe you should stay away from large gatherings of CCFC supporters, they seem to upset you rather.

You'll be OK at Sixfields though. ;)

So 2000 people who make the effort are all wrong then and the can't be arsed are the moral majority? Let's be clear about what words mean and what you are suggesting.

DazzleTommyDazzle

So 2000 people who make the effort are all wrong then and the can't be arsed are the moral majority? Let's be clear about what words mean and what you are suggesting.

I've been watching City since the late 60's.

I've had season tickets for most of that period despite never living less than 50 miles from Coventry (and often much more).

Your suggestion that I didn't go to Sixfields because I "can't be arsed" is as ignorant as it is insulting

duffer

I'm saying that you get all grumpy when people take against SISU, and that you've tried to pretend that it's "orchestrated" because it hurt your feelings (Nuremburg Rally, ffs!).

Then I'm saying that you're OK, because that isn't likely to occur at Sixfields, because clearly most people there aren't going to protest about SISU. Tell me I'm wrong.

I think you might also be suggesting here that people aren't going to Sixfields because they don't want to make the effort. But maybe I'm reading too much into it. Like they say, it never works when you have to explain it.

Rob S

:thinking about:

I assume there is another even when "now is the time to hold SISU to account" then ?

23 times this season @ Dickfields + two London demos + Arsenal FAC (all sides) + march last summer (all sides) + this summer's march (all sides) not enough? :D

AndreasB

I've been watching City since the late 60's.

I've had season tickets for most of that period despite never living less than 50 miles from Coventry (and often much more).

Your suggestion that I didn't go to Sixfields because I "can't be arsed" is as ignorant as it is insulting

cant be arsed is understandable - half baked principles isnt.

AndreasB

I'm saying that you get all grumpy when people take against SISU, and that you've tried to pretend that it's "orchestrated" because it hurt your feelings (Nuremburg Rally, ffs!).

Then I'm saying that you're OK, because that isn't likely to occur at Sixfields, because clearly most people there aren't going to protest about SISU. Tell me I'm wrong.

I think you might also be suggesting here that people aren't going to Sixfields because they don't want to make the effort. But maybe I'm reading too much into it. Like they say, it never works when you have to explain it.

Yes thats right.

Users who are viewing this thread