Take the knee (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

He's a really creepy man
He cannot insult someone unless he’s fantasising about someone taking it from another man. He doesn’t even do it as a metaphor, he is literally writing graphic homosexual erotica as a way to have a go at someone. The only conclusion you can come to is he’s a spiteful homophobe.

Brighton Sky Blue

You can talk about whatever you want, it's the quoting something i've said but really with something not related to the post you have quoted that I find a random flex.

I thought it was relevant so I put it in-while at one point most countries were dominated by religion and persecuted along those lines at the moment the more regressive laws tend to be found in fundamentalist Islam nations. Hardly going off on a wild tangent

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The shite argument was "You do realise what the 70+ countries who have made homosexuality illegal have in common don't you? The all progressive Islam that you get defensive of if anyone dares criticise it" Your own words clown, don't change the argument because your racism was wrong.

Islam is not a race you twat.

Ok, out of the 72 countries where homosexuality is illegal, how may of them are not majority Islamic?

The answer to the last question: out of 11 counties where it is illegal, I think all of them are Islamic countries.

You are all over the place.

David O'Day

I thought it was relevant so I put it in-while at one point most countries were dominated by religion and persecuted along those lines at the moment the more regressive laws tend to be found in fundamentalist Islam nations. Hardly going off on a wild tangent

I had nowt to do with what I was saying, if you want to talk about what a backwards hellhole run by a murderous bastard Saudi Arabia is then start a thread and I'll agree.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In fairness I think it was Tommo that took it down that route, then Earlsdon saw his chance and used it as a way to have a go at Muslims.

What are you contributing to this thread?

The take a knee has been written off and when asked what it has to do to fight racism, apart from calling people racist in response to it, there was just silence.

The argument was that most people don't have an issue with pro-lgbt activism because it is not violent and it doesn't provoke people who are straight. Unlike BLM and ANTIFA who are being taken less and less seriously.

When your boyfriend (ironic) Faz tried to say that we were still persecuting gay people, it was proved that actually this wasn't the case and most of the shit attitudes towards the lgbt community come from Islam. No wonder he, or you won't debate any further.

Absolutely all over the place.

Ring Of Steel

The take a knee has been written off and when asked what it has to do to fight racism, apart from calling people racist in response to it, there was just silence.

The argument was that most people don't have an issue with pro-lgbt activism because it is not violent and it doesn't provoke people who are straight. Unlike BLM and ANTIFA who are being taken less and less seriously.

When your boyfriend (ironic) Faz tried to say that we were still persecuting gay people, it was proved that actually this wasn't the case and most of the shit attitudes towards the lgbt community come from Islam. No wonder he, or you won't debate any further.

They will debate I’m sure, your lack of interaction is more to do with people not really wanting to engage with you due to your horrible views & traits, which are usually backed up by a load of lies.

Skybluefaz

I don't get it, you moan when I argue and moan when I don't.

Terry_dactyl

You didn’t respond to my comment that I felt a spectrum of views had been expressed on the subject. There was just silence.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They will debate I’m sure, your lack of interaction is more to do with people not really wanting to engage with you due to your horrible views & traits, which are usually backed up by a load of lies.

Yes, because criticising BLM and questioning what taking a knee is doing to fight racism is really horrible.

Feel free to post what lies I have said. I'll be happy to hold my hands up to any genuine mistakes. I certainty don't set out to lie on an Internet forum.

Equally, considering it was only yesterday you were bitching about Boris and Blair taking a trip to Italy, I wouldn't be so quick to accuse others.

RegTheDonk

Whilst I see where you are coming from here, I understand taking a knee to be about the oppression of black people, not just about police brutality towards black people. Structural racism comes in many forms and - sadly - many of them are alive and well in the UK. I think it is dangerous to just just write this off as America’s problem. We have been doing this for years with the issue of slavery, yet cities like Bristol and Liverpool were built upon the profits of this exploitation.

We do also have a rather ugly stop and search policy in the UK that disproportionately targets people of colour.

I’ve read a lot of people saying that taking a knee doesn’t achieve anything, yet I think the existence of this thread is proof that it does, because it’s got us debating an important issue.

Also wondering how many of the ‘sick and tired of it brigade’ went out and bought our two-tone third kit last season?!
Keeping on topic johnny but happy to chat about the other issues in the other thread, you've got some good points. The knee stared out as that ... indeed, the main catalyst for it taking off globally was it being reinforced by Floyd being killed at the hands (or knee) of a racist yank cop. Players in this country would not be interested had it not been for that massive backlash in the States.

David quotes systemic and institutional racism, which is one of the main reasons I'm against it's use, which I'm pleased you acknowledge. But I totally understand your viewpoint m8 and 100% get that many have adopted it to the wider anti racism issue and see it as a symbol of BLM.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I had nowt to do with what I was saying, if you want to talk about what a backwards hellhole run by a murderous bastard Saudi Arabia is then start a thread and I'll agree.
So you had nothing to do with what you were saying . Are you blaming everyone else for your complete drivel ?

skybluesam66

Just catching up
Grendel is his lovable self
Daniel O day is still a twat
Everyone else more or less in agreement but like closing time in the pub still arguing over it

Covstu

Anyone see Millwall game today? Sounded like most of the 2k booed the players taking a knee today

rob9872

Anyone see Millwall game today? Sounded like most of the 2k booed the players taking a knee today
Honestly I was thinking without the impact should it be taken to be still done but less often, however if that's true and nothing surprises me with those cunts, then I think efforts should be doubled and exactly the reason we need to keep highlighting it.

Covstu

Honestly I was thinking without the impact should it be taken to be still done but less often, however if that's true and nothing surprises me with those cunts, then I think efforts should be doubled and exactly the reason we need to keep highlighting it.
It’s worth a watch as it’s very blatant. Sadly looking at social media they are all applauding it

shmmeee

This is an optional gesture, likely done by the team in support of their black team mates, why on earth would you boo it and how must that make those squad members feel?

SBT

What about the racist from Cov that tried to set light to the union flag? No mention of it on this forum.
I suppose you agree with the scum?

I’m guessing no-one mentioned it because someone trying and failing to burn a flag isn’t especially awful or important.

Brighton Sky Blue

O.
I can't read the screen shot about burning the flag. What was that?
And how is burning a flag of a unitary political grouping the equivalent of being racist?

It says that they did it because some BLM guys burned a Union flag and wrecked war memorials along with being 'far left anarchists'.

Users who are viewing this thread