Take the knee (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Being gay is illegal in 70+ countries in the world and punishable by death in 11.

We are fortunate in that socially the vast majority of people are accepting however even in this country we still have no footballer willing to come out etc. I'd say that counts as people drawing issue with the LGBT community. I'll happily leave it there if you feel I'm getting on at you.

You are strange. I actually think if I said water was wet you would try and find a way to argue with me.

You do realise what the 70+ countries who have made homosexuality illegal have in common don't you? The all progressive Islam that you get defensive of if anyone dares criticise it.

My point was, which you already know, that pride or gay rights activism has very little criticism compared to that of BLM and ANTIFA. Considering you behave like you are smarter than anyone else on here, perhaps you should spend more time trying to work out why that is.

Apologies for stealing Nick's phrase, but you and ROS seem to be the new shit tag team around here. Try to put everyone down, argue about everything, then decide others are racist/sexist/misogynist/homophobic.

Ring Of Steel

You are strange. I actually think if I said water was wet you would try and find a way to argue with me.

You do realise what the 70+ countries who have made homosexuality illegal have in common don't you? The all progressive Islam that you get defensive of if anyone dares criticise it.

My point was, which you already know, that pride or gay rights activism has very little criticism compared to that of BLM and ANTIFA. Considering you behave like you are smarter than anyone else on here, perhaps you should spend more time trying to work out why that is.

Apologies for stealing Nick's phrase, but you and ROS seem to be the new shit tag team around here. Try to put everyone down, argue about everything, then decide others are racist/sexist/misogynist/homophobic.

Last time you got on your usual soapbox you made accusations about Somali immigrants killing white people in Birmingham and ‘demanded answers’ from people, then mysteriously disappeared when those lies were picked apart.

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

You could, but look at how the debate turned out. Unless you support taking the knee you are a racist. If anything it has stifled debate and caused more tension.
I would say that those tensions have been there for quite some time...
I also don’t necessarily agree with your perception of things. There have certainly been a spectrum of views expressed, but there has been people whom have supported taking the knee and also supported people’s right not to...without calling them racist.

Skybluefaz

Some massive assumptions in there and outright lies. It's just a difference of opinions I won't respond to you further.

rob9872

Being a liquid, water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet. Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material. Whether an object is wet or dry depends on a balance between cohesive and adhesive forces.

Edit: sorry forgot the smiley face :)

David O'Day

One quick point, there are lots of none muslim countries that have made homosexuality illegal.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Last edited:

Grendel

You're so enlightenment.

Also a lot of those countries have an indigenous black population. Like the Frank Zappa song David goes blacked up in a gay bar and can't walk the next day - only difference hes in the nick as well.

skybluetony176

Singapore? Barbados? Jordan?

David O'Day

Ok. Out of the eleven countries that punish homosexuality by death, how many are majority non-muslim?

What an utterly shite argument.

The shite argument was "You do realise what the 70+ countries who have made homosexuality illegal have in common don't you? The all progressive Islam that you get defensive of if anyone dares criticise it" Your own words clown, don't change the argument because your racism was wrong.

David O'Day

Pop quiz there are actually 8 countries where it is technically a capital offence to be gay, only 1 has definitely executed gay people under state law, 1 has under local courts and 1 maybe has but denies it has.

The biggest issue isn't state execution it's extra judicial killings which are resoundingly cross religion.

Grendel

David O'Day

anyone remember when Grenners got really upset because he didn't understand the cnut fable? Accused me of spelling cnut wrong and was laughed when it was pointed out "canute" is not the correct spelling?

This is going to be a long running series "Comedy Gold" things grenners has done.

Grendel

Seems to have gone up to 13

Blackie McBlackface really is melting into oblivion

Grendel

Tony watch out he'll change his shite argument because he is wrong.

The fact only Tony is sticking by you David says it all. He did of course famously once defend a certain EDL supporter as he furnished him with likes on a football forum as well. Everyone is backing away David - you are a bad smell in the room and only Tony is smelling fragrance of pleasure

David O'Day

Anyone remember when he told someone he didn't do twitter about 5 post after he'd linked to "his" twitter feed.

So many, so much gold. This can be longer running that the archers.

We call him "Brother Grimm" because his life is a fairy tale.

aloisijohnnyaloisi

I see two issues with taking the knee:

1 - What was started by Colin Kaepernick as a "protest at police violence against African-Americans in the United States" has been hijacked as part of the wider political aims, as Mr Trench outlined.
2 - It's supposed to be a symbol of, as David has put it, insitutional racism. Using it here tars our police with the same brush as those gun tooters in the USA.

It will come as no surprise to many of you that I'm fairy pro police. I hear bits and bobs as I've about half a dozen "relatives" via my kids' partners families who are either coppers or PCSOs. They are all appauled at whats gone on in the US and are 100% behind grassing up any of their colleagues who display any kind of racism.

IMHO, taking the knee is a massive kick in the teeth to them and the vast, vast majority of the rest of the UK police. Of course there will be a few racists, there are in any job that's human nature. But this is saying to EVERY one of them, you are all insitutionally racist bastards, be ashamed of wearing that uniform.

And like Earlson said, what has taking the knee done to actually fight racism as opposed to the other issues QPR have come up with? I hardly think we need this to keep "ramming the fact" going by the scoreboard of deaths, descruction of propery, rioting, and shooting of both blacks and cops....I think people are quite aware there's a problem.

Whilst I see where you are coming from here, I understand taking a knee to be about the oppression of black people, not just about police brutality towards black people. Structural racism comes in many forms and - sadly - many of them are alive and well in the UK. I think it is dangerous to just just write this off as America’s problem. We have been doing this for years with the issue of slavery, yet cities like Bristol and Liverpool were built upon the profits of this exploitation.

We do also have a rather ugly stop and search policy in the UK that disproportionately targets people of colour.

I’ve read a lot of people saying that taking a knee doesn’t achieve anything, yet I think the existence of this thread is proof that it does, because it’s got us debating an important issue.

Also wondering how many of the ‘sick and tired of it brigade’ went out and bought our two-tone third kit last season?!

skybluetony176

The fact only Tony is sticking by you David says it all. He did of course famously once defend a certain EDL supporter as he furnished him with likes on a football forum as well. Everyone is backing away David - you are a bad smell in the room and only Tony is smelling fragrance of pleasure
Point one. I was making my own point to the suggestion that all 75 countries that have criminalised homosexuality are muslim, they aren’t.
Point two. It’s only you that the racist fall over themselves to give likes to. They think I’m a c**t I’m happy to report, you on the other hand are the racists sweetheart.

David O'Day

Point one. I was making my own point to the suggestion that all 75 countries that have criminalised homosexuality are muslim, they aren’t.
Point two. It’s only you that the racist fall over themselves to give likes to. They think I’m a c**t I’m happy to report, you on the other hand are the racists sweetheart.

Racists think i'm a c**t as well I am glad to say, whatever this weird persona grenners is pretending to be on the other hand is the racists best friend.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

anyone remember when Grenners got really upset because he didn't understand the cnut fable? Accused me of spelling cnut wrong and was laughed when it was pointed out "canute" is not the correct spelling?

This is going to be a long running series "Comedy Gold" things grenners has done.
Have you moved the goalposts onto homosexuality and Islam because Les Ferdinand has fucked you over on taking the knee.

Grendel

Have you moved the goalposts onto homosexuality and Islam because Les Ferdinand has fucked you over on taking the knee.

Hes probably excited at the thought of being fucked over by Les on his knees - as long as it’s not in a country that would execute him - is that a Koran in your pocket?

skybluetony176

Hes probably excited at the thought of being fucked over by Les on his knees - as long as it’s not in a country that would execute him - is that a Koran in your pocket?
You’re obsessed with fantasising over people partaking in homosexuality. It’s weird.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pop quiz there are actually 8 countries where it is technically a capital offence to be gay, only 1 has definitely executed gay people under state law, 1 has under local courts and 1 maybe has but denies it has.

The biggest issue isn't state execution it's extra judicial killings which are resoundingly cross religion.

The awkward truth is that there aren't many if any non-Muslim countries that will execute people for apostasy, sorcery, adultery or witchcraft. Saudi Arabia is the ISIS that made it. Fundamentalist religion invariably leads to persecution as you say

David O'Day

The awkward truth is that there aren't many if any non-Muslim countries that will execute people for apostasy, sorcery, adultery or witchcraft. Saudi Arabia is the ISIS that made it. Fundamentalist religion invariably leads to persecution as you say

You have developed a skill for changing the conversation to suit your own agenda these days. You been practicing?

Brighton Sky Blue

You have developed a skill for changing the conversation to suit your own agenda these days. You been practicing?

I didn't realise that one had to toe the conversation line Dave, in the midst of 'weirdo' and bizarre homoerotic fantasies being traded between you and G

David O'Day

I didn't realise that one had to toe the conversation line Dave, in the midst of 'weirdo' and bizarre homoerotic fantasies being traded between you and G

You can talk about whatever you want, it's the quoting something i've said but really with something not related to the post you have quoted that I find a random flex.

Users who are viewing this thread