Match Thread Swansea Match Thread (5 Viewers)

Paxman II

Not too bad. 1-1 is fair so far but like all goals could have been avoided had McFaz slid in. I guess risk of a penalty was his thinking. Think we will need to find a bit more if we are to win this. Shippers having a very good game and seems to have an understanding with Godden. Godden should have smashed that effort in tbf.

Grendel

Surely it shouldn't be? That's interfering in play.

He wasn’t offside anyway and even if it was the rules were correctly employed - it was a goal we’d never be able to score as we don’t have that pace and quality

Dickie

I really want Allen to do well as I like him and his emergence in the second half of last season was key to us winning the league imo but I just don’t see it in him at this level so far. His frame means he can’t get stuck in enough, not quite fast enough or technical enough.

Me too. Just seems to run around a lot

larry_david

Entertaining half. Remind me to not check bet365 though as saw the fucking equaliser 40 seconds before it happened.

We lack pace. Allen seems to be an all rounder in that he generally is lacking everything atm

South West Sky Blue

Playing reasonably well. As goals go, it wasn't particularly soft. No-one playing badly, but Allen needs to up his game the most.
I'm concerned that when we get the ball with back to goal we're put ounder pressure and lose it too often. When they get in similar positions they're able to hold us off and keep the ball.
Need a bit of luck.....

Esoterica

*Not a video so don't click play!*

There's a lot wrong with that screenshot from the moment the ball is played. Rose has been suckered into following his man into midfield, McCallum and McFadz on the wrong side of their men and Hyam daydreaming and playing everyone onside.

1603222870076.png

Grendel

Hyam looks out of his depth at this level

Frostie

Really wish we had the pace up front to threaten in behind defences and give them that extra problem to worry about. We have to craft out goals all the time, would be nice just to play it into an area every now and again

Annoyingly Tyler Walker would be perfect up there tonight.

vow

Allen and O'Hare a little off the pace I feel.

Not Allen's best position but hopefully he can step up 2nd half.

Shipley, Giles and Hyam playing well.

Londonccfcfan

Really wish we had the pace up front to threaten in behind defences and give them that extra problem to worry about. We have to craft out goals all the time, would be nice just to play it into an area every now and again

Agree but Godden is quality...clever player.

jordan210

Would have taken 1 point at the start. But now we realy should be winning this. We look far better than them.

mr_monkey

Wait until walker is back and match fit, that's one of the reasons he has been brought in

Grendel

On what basis? He's been as dependable as ever in every game this season, including tonight.

He’s slow he doesnt tightly mark his opponent in the penalty area and fails to hold the line as we see tonight

ccfc92

It's frustrating, because we aren't a million miles away.

I think keeping it simple will help, we're trying too many little flicks that aren't coming off.

Some pace up top would be good, but not sure where that'd come from?

Frostie

*Not a video so don't click play!*

There's a lot wrong with that screenshot from the moment the ball is played. Rose has been suckered into following his man into midfield, McCallum and McFadz on the wrong side of their men and Hyam daydreaming and playing everyone onside.

View attachment 17274

All stems from a bonkers decision by Rose to completely abandon his position. Literally no good reason for it, he's not pressing the ball or anything. But for that we go in with a deserved lead.

Let's do it again 2nd half!

Reactions: vow

superskyblue

All stems from a bonkers decision by Rose to completely abandon his position. Literally no good reason for it, he's not pressing the ball or anything. But for that we go in with a deserved lead.

Let's do it again 2nd half!
Agree he shouldn't have gone, but he was tracking Lowe who is his man.

Users who are viewing this thread