Match Thread Swansea Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Need to not go on losing streaks. Shipley and McCallum should start for Giles and Baka and they should be told to man up and believe in their abilities

jordan210

We need to adapt quicker if teams are going to high press us when we try and play it out from the back. No point just pumping high balls to Godden with no one around him.

Going to be a tough game. would take a draw as need points on the board.

Greggs

Time to tweak tactics. Managment and coaching staff far more developed as this level.......and it's seems we're easy to figure out. Robbings needs to up his game

Paxman II

We were much better when we reverted back to our normal play out from the back approach in the last 20 minutes or so against Brentford after we made those substitutions. Chances started coming, and we could so easily have scored - Godden smashing the bar.
So no, we must stick with what our players are familiar with, remain confident and the goals, and a win will come - as it did against QPR.
We have some very key players missing in Dabo and Hamer, which certainly makes it more difficult. Sheaf is improving with each game and apart from a few stray passes and being caught out once or twice, but the rest of his game looked good. He will improve each game which will make a big difference imo. Kelly will help dictate playing out from the back so I expect a decent performance but a close game. Difficult to call but expect us to take it by the odd goal.

SlowerThanPlatt

We were much better when we reverted back to our normal play out from the back approach in the last 20 minutes or so against Brentford after we made those substitutions. Chances started coming, and we could so easily have scored - Godden smashing the bar.
So no, we must stick with what our players are familiar with, remain confident and the goals, and a win will come - as it did against QPR.
We have some very key players missing in Dabo and Hamer, which certainly makes it more difficult. Sheaf is improving with each game and apart from a few stray passes and being caught out once or twice, but the rest of his game looked good. He will improve each game which will make a big difference imo. Kelly will help dictate playing out from the back so I expect a decent performance but a close game. Difficult to call but expect us to take it by the odd goal.

Do you not think that was down to Brentford dropping down a level or two rather than our tactics? I don’t think it would have happened at 0-0

shmmeee

We need pace up front. If you want to keep Godden in then that has to come from the wing backs pushing up when we’re playing out to offer a ball into the corners I think. While I like McCallum I’d be really worried about our ability to break without Giles in the side.

Briles

One of the Ayews (plays for palace) has tested positive for Covid and the other is being tested. Huge bonus if he doesnt play. (hope he recovers afterwards like....)

Briles

They shouldn’t take a risk with him leave him out just in case😉

ha! Swansea manager not happy as Jordan picked it up whilst away with Ghana, and Andre has been round the whole Swansea team since.

Watch this space.

fernandopartridge

Do you not think that was down to Brentford dropping down a level or two rather than our tactics? I don’t think it would have happened at 0-0

Look, it isn't all down to Brentford dropping a level, it's cringeworthy to hear this. They were only two goals up not five. They may have taken their foot off the gas but regardless of that, we got into the game through changing what we were doing.

Sky Blue Harry H

One of the Ayews (plays for palace) has tested positive for Covid and the other is being tested. Huge bonus if he doesnt play. (hope he recovers afterwards like....)

May have implications for more than just him though, as it says he has mixed with a number of other Swansea players and could affect a number of them?

shmmeee

Look, it isn't all down to Brentford dropping a level, it's cringeworthy to hear this. They were only two goals up not five. They may have taken their foot off the gas but regardless of that, we got into the game through changing what we were doing.

It was totally about them dropping a level. They gave us more space and that allowed us to play our game.

Frankly I’d be even more worried if the players had it in them to match these teams but decided not to until the game was lost.

fernandopartridge

It was totally about them dropping a level. They gave us more space and that allowed us to play our game.

Frankly I’d be even more worried if the players had it in them to match these teams but decided not to until the game was lost.

We had more space as we suddenly had 3 midfielders to move them about and we started to push the wing backs on. Given that Brentford lost 4-2 from a winning position in the previous game, the talk of them letting their foot off the gas seems off to me.

Sky Blue Harry H

It's an easy thing to correlate ' The other side are on top = either 'we're rubbish, or we're giving them too much respect' versus we get on top = 'They've taken their foot off the gas'

By those equations, how do we describe Spurs v West Ham yesterday?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think we should go back to 3-4-2-1, but we need to make sure those wing backs are part of the four rather than becoming a back five. Let them push forward slightly and have the CB's able to cover wide a bit more. We've got two DCM's to help plug any gaps in the middle should they attack.

I'd put McCallum at RWB as it sounds like Dabo will still be out. Hopefully Kelly can start, pushing Allen up. Would consider bringing Shipley in for him as he might be fresher being a sub at the weekend but he tends to run out of steam, so I'll keep Allen for the workrate. Unless of course kelly is out in which case Shipley comes in anyway.

Marosi
Hyam Fadz Rose
McCallum Sheaf Kelly Giles
Allen O'Hare
Godden​

Wilson, Pask, Osti, Shipley, Hilssner, Baka, Biamou

If MR does stick with two up top I hope he'll do one of two things:
a) Have Baka as the man trying to stretch the defence because he's the one with pace
b) Play Biamou replace Baka as the one dropping deep challenging for flick ons.

Paxman II

No I don't. Listening to their manager after the game he expressed how disappointed he was that they lacked the ability to counter our ability to come back strongly in the last 15 minutes, so no not something they willingly did.

SlowerThanPlatt

How many outfield players do we have available for selection?

McFadzean, Hyam, Rose, Ostigard, Giles, McCallum, Pask

Allen, Shipley, Kelly, O’Hare, Sheaf

Godden, Biamou, Bakayoko

Is that all 15?

no_loyalty

Kelly in for Baka and McCallum in for Pask, City 1-0 win.

fernandopartridge

We didn't manage a win against Swansea in the 6 times we faced them in the Championship. We've played them 3 times at the Liberty Stadium, two nil nil draws and a 2-1 defeat.

JulianDarbyFTW

Swansea are one of those teams that have the occasional slip up against teams they should theoretically beat, so on that basis I'm going for an undeserved 1-1.

SlowerThanPlatt

Their new signings can play in this after not being eligible for Saturday.

Ryan Bennett from Wolves who’s made 50 Premier League appearances in the last 3 years and was on loan at Leicester last season. It’s just a different world financially (though did sell their centre back for £12m to Spurs)

Covkid1968#

When we were in the Premier, Swansea were my lower league team. Used to go and watch them a few times a year.... and some of the Jacks used to come to Cov games. Good lads. So always had a soft spot for them. Swansea is a top night out so hope to go when all this pandemic has blown over... if it ever does!!!

Users who are viewing this thread