Match Thread Swansea Match Thread (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

What I really want to see is our players go for it from the start with no fear and play the way we know we can. If we are slow out of the blocks again, the opposition will just be sharks smelling blood in the water.

Skybluebeliever

Clearly MR has said you finished well on Saturday now carry it on to this game from the start , will soon find out if Brentford took their foot of the gas
Hilßner clearly not in thinking at the moment

Tommo1993

I’ve backed Swansea so that’s a good sign for you lot. My lucks well and truly out lately.

I can’t even bag a double recently. Put my last pound on Spurs to beat Man U and Liverpool to beat Villa the other week. Was surprisingly good odds with Spurs being 13/5. We all know what happened between Villa and Liverpool.

Happy_Martian

The negativity on this thread is frightening.... PUSB

Traditional City fans. We prefer cautious so if we lose, it was expected. If we win, we can party :D The last few years have misplaced the fear and anxiety of our fans.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My previous prediction that we are going to win just took a hit. That really is an uninspiring starting 11.

I hope the players don't feel the same as I do.

How many players are missing actually?

Great_Expectations

Appreciate some of the negativity and apprehension on here based on the last few games, but equally there’s been glimpses we are capable of competing at this level. Including last game - and I don’t agree with the whole Brentford took their foot off the gas argument, it’s lazy and purposefully pessimistic.

McCallum at RWB is a positive change, as is reverting back to the box.

For me the biggest thing I want to see tonight is belief. We have seemed nervous and intimidated the last few games, and that’s so frustrating to see, especially in professional footballers coming off a fantastic previous season. At times we’ve had time but the players have rushed the pass and it’s felt like a kids game where it’s top of the league v bottom and everyone is scared to touch the ball and make a mistake.

Been critical of Sheaf so far - he looks very average - but actually he also evidenced glimpses of talent last game, and he had a very tough role on his own in the middle in his defence.

Godden is a finisher, so for all the frustration of being offside and isolated (not always his fault), he has proven he will get chances and more often than not finish them.

Going to be half watching the game tonight as o have a prior engagement, but hopeful we at least put a performance in and show we are a good side, despite the small budget, the worlds worst footballer in Hillsner, and weaker team that last season.

AFCCOVENTRY

Something that I’ve been wondering about is Robins comments to the public since the start of the season. Maybe a bit too honest? It’s always the opposition is top quality, survival is key, you can see how experienced they are, look at the money they’ve spent etc... is it knocking the players confidence? It’s almost being negative from the start.

....and this isn’t me knocking Robins, but looking at the psychology here....

PVA

Dabo
Hamer
Walker
Dacosta
Jones
Bapaga
Hilssner
Jobello

All missing

Think that's everyone

SlowerThanPlatt

Something that I’ve been wondering about is Robins comments to the public since the start of the season. Maybe a bit too honest? It’s always the opposition is top quality, survival is key, you can see how experienced they are, look at the money they’ve spent etc... is it knocking the players confidence? It’s almost being negative from the start.

....and this isn’t me knocking Robins, but looking at the psychology here....

No they just have better players

Reactions: PVA

Esoterica

I never understand leaving your better players on the bench when they are not 100% fit. If Kelly is fit enough to be on the bench and play some part, I'd rather he started, gave me 45 mins and came off 1-0 up, rather than leaving him on the bench and be looking around at how to change things when we're 2-0 down after 60 mins.

PVA

Ffs we are in the championship now. The side is better than last year but we are in a league above

Yes I really don't understand how some people fail to grasp this.

We have a better squad than last year, comfortably so. But we have a lot of injuries and are playing much, much better teams than last year.

The last two opposition were in the Premier League last season and 90 minutes from being in the Premier league this season. Of course we struggled against them ffs, I wouldn't expect anything else.

fernandopartridge

I thought at the very least Kelly would start and Dabo's missus would be out of labour.

Hillsner maybe making the bench.

Not an unreasonable assumption is it?
The Kelly thing is very odd. Didn't expect Dabo to play as they hadn't said his missus had dropped. I am not really bothered about Hilssner as doubt he's the difference for us.

I think Allen will play deeper today and Shipley further forward like Saturday, should be better for both players

procdoc

Completely disagree. Aside from anything else we simply don’t have the squad to start playing hoof ball or physically bullying teams.
I didn’t mean playing hoof ball. I meant a change of formation perhaps. What do I know though, I’m just a fan like everyone else on here haha

SeaSeeEffCee

Yes I really don't understand how some people fail to grasp this.

We have a better squad than last year, comfortably so. But we have a lot of injuries and are playing much, much better teams than last year.

The last two opposition were in the Premier League last season and 90 minutes from being in the Premier league this season. Of course we struggled against them ffs, I wouldn't expect anything else.
People aren’t talking about the squad in general, they’re talking about the team for tonight. It’s hard to argue that we’re not weaker than last season considering it’s the exact same team with our two bests subbed out for inferior players.

Happy_Martian

Can understand the targeting of Sheaf but he's playing in a role he's still getting used to (who else plays with a box midfield ?). And he's got to have support. We'd do a lot better if we didn't play with 3 AMs. Which means whoever is with Sheaf at the back of the box needs to stop there. Shippers is great at going forward but forgets that side sometimes role when he's covering the CDM. And I'm almost convinced O'Hare and Allen don't have a defensive bone in their bodies. This is where we do miss Kelly and Hamer. Maybe need to look for an out of contract CDM or pick someone up cheap in the next transfer window.

AFCCOVENTRY

We are missing 4 new signings

Dacosta
Hilsner
Hamer
Walker

Dabo who was player of the season is injured.

Kelly must still have a niggle as he isn’t starting.

Bapaga is a great attacking prodigy who is also injured.

That is 7 players who are missing/injured from our depleted squad. Once we get more of these players back the better.

chiefdave

No surprises in that line up. Assume Kelly would be starting if fully fit.

The fact that Kastaner is on the bench again shows you just how limited our options are at the moment - we all know Robins has no intention of letting him on the pitch.

Frostie

I never understand leaving your better players on the bench when they are not 100% fit. If Kelly is fit enough to be on the bench and play some part, I'd rather he started, gave me 45 mins and came off 1-0 up, rather than leaving him on the bench and be looking around at how to change things when we're 2-0 down after 60 mins.

But what if he's only fit enough for say 20mins/half an hour? We don't want to be subbing him off halfway through first half.
Much better to bring on a senior, experienced calming presence late on, particularly if we're protecting a result.

fatso

Don’t fancy our chances looking at the team tonight.
I think we’ll be compact at the back, but we will get over run in midfield.
Looks like a 0-1 I’m afraid.
Mind you I’ve been wrong every game so far, so let’s hope that run continues.

Users who are viewing this thread