Support for Burge (1 Viewer)

steve82

Kicking improved and throwing too. I can’t explain his catching error against Yeovil. It is only 1 facet of his game and it needs improving. Every error he makes is maximised by the position he plays. The flak he gets on here goes way further thsn he has areas of his game to work on. Some think he’s unworthy of a professional contract others say he has areas to work on.

League 2 managers seem to agree with those who think he has areas to work on

Problem is as little as 7/8 votes could of clinched it..... tho it could be double that and a landslide victory for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

He played an F A cup game in December?

Yes and he got injured again which is why he isn’t playing

McCormick, 34, started this season as Argyle’s first choice ‘keeper but suffered an ankle injury at the end of September.

He made his comeback in the 3-1 FA Cup second round defeat away to Bradford City in early December.

However, McCormick then broke down in training again the following week and ended up having an operation.

Brighton Sky Blue

That's a bonkers contradiction. You can only beat what's in front of you.

Being better than 23 other goalkeepers still makes you very good, even if you're not David De Gea.

He is taking the credit for his defence's good work. For every Newport save how many mindless sprints out of goal, shit throws/kicks, spilled crosses etc? Is he the worst? No. Is he the best? No.

SlowerThanPlatt

He is taking the credit for his defence's good work. For every Newport save how many mindless sprints out of goal, shit throws/kicks, spilled crosses etc? Is he the worst? No. Is he the best? No.

I looked a few games back. In exactly half the games we’ve played the opposition has had more shots on target than us so the notion that he faces 1 shot a game because our defence is incredible isn’t true

Brighton Sky Blue

I looked a few games back. In exactly half the games we’ve played the opposition has had more shots on target than us so the notion that he faces 1 shot a game because our defence is incredible isn’t true

Is there a stat for insane runs out of goal?

Gibbo

In terms of the inferior quality in League 2, goalkeepers is an area where it seems to show. You see an awful lot of goals that would not happen in League 1. Vincenti against Grimsby is a good example. Really obvious move, not that far from the goal.
I haven't seen enough, but have a hunch that Burge has a good sense of positioning so takes quite a few in his stomach or in front of his face which look straight forward, but are down to where he has placed himself.

Adge

No just your claim of being right 90% of the time doesn’t look very accurate
Oh come on, I am right 90% of the time! So I get the odd one wrong like Maddison who has really progressed with a better set up, coaching and players in the Norwich squad.
You can file Burge in the 90% if you like which is what the thread is about after all.:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

SlowerThanPlatt

Oh come on, I am right 90% of the time! So I get the odd one wrong like Maddison who has really progressed with a better set up, coaching and players in the Norwich squad.
You can file Burge in the 90% if you like which is what the thread is about after all.:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No you get mostly everything wrong because you deal in opinion rather than facts. Even when Rotherham’s manager said ‘We nearly signed Jordan Willis’ you still denied it much to the bemusement of many on here. I’m more surprised when you get something correct

Also, you weren’t right about Burge. You said he isn’t good enough for L2 yet has conceeded the least goals and been voted by them people who get paid to manage a professional football side as the best or least worse if you like goalkeeper.

Down to 0% for today

Astute

In terms of the inferior quality in League 2, goalkeepers is an area where it seems to show. You see an awful lot of goals that would not happen in League 1. Vincenti against Grimsby is a good example. Really obvious move, not that far from the goal.
I haven't seen enough, but have a hunch that Burge has a good sense of positioning so takes quite a few in his stomach or in front of his face which look straight forward, but are down to where he has placed himself.
So who mentioned his positioning other than you? Who has said he is no good at making saves? Nobody.

His catching is poor.
His throwing isn't that good.
His kicking is atrocious.

They are the points made.

JWC

So who mentioned his positioning other than you? Who has said he is no good at making saves? Nobody.

His catching is poor.
His throwing isn't that good.
His kicking is atrocious.

They are the points made.

Yet still he's voted the best keeper in the league by professionals.

We're league 2 and therefore have league 2 standard players. Perhaps supporting them and giving them confidence instead of bemoaning them at every available opportunity might help?

Adge

No you get mostly everything wrong because you deal in opinion rather than facts. Even when Rotherham’s manager said ‘We nearly signed Jordan Willis’ you still denied it much to the bemusement of many on here. I’m more surprised when you get something correct

Also, you weren’t right about Burge. You said he isn’t good enough for L2 yet has conceeded the least goals and been voted by them people who get paid to manage a professional football side as the best or least worse if you like goalkeeper.

Down to 0% for today
Oh, you mean the people who don't go and watch him every week? Right you are.
Oh dear, not really my day is it with 0%.Note to self, must do better.
Tell you what, next time you're at Farndon's Bbq don't forget to tell him that the big bad boys are on at Burge and Haynes when they cock it up and it's not really fair. :emoji_cry:

SlowerThanPlatt

Oh, you mean the people who don't go and watch him every week? Right you are.
Oh dear, not really my day is it with 0%.Note to self, must do better.
Tell you what, next time you're at Farndon's Bbq don't forget to tell him that the big bad boys are on at Burge and Haynes when they cock it up and it's not really fair. :emoji_cry:

If you could only vote for the team of the season based on players you see every week it would just be full of players from the same team. What a fantastic idea

Nick

Administrator
Does Farndon do a decent BBQ? I heard he had Haynes looking after the wings but he kept going missing?

giphy.gif

Astute

We're league 2 and therefore have league 2 standard players. Perhaps supporting them and giving them confidence instead of bemoaning them at every available opportunity might help?
Why don't you look back before making comments against me?

I said he is a Division 4 standard GK at best. And if we are happy having a standard Division 4 player in every position then we will be stuck in Division 4. Maybe you are happy with that. I am not.

SlowerThanPlatt

I said he is a Division 4 standard GK at best. And if we are happy having a standard Division 4 player in every position then we will be stuck in Division 4. Maybe you are happy with that. I am not.

Makes no sense. We’re in the play offs last time I checked how are we stuck?

JWC

I did, there was some talk of 5 cars and early retirement?

I'm not particularly happy with being 'stuck' in Division 4 either but I'd like to think that supporting rather than criticising might help at least a tiny bit. Doesn't look likely we're going to be getting a new keeper any time soon, so let's get behind him eh?

Astute

I'm not particularly happy with being 'stuck' in Division 4 either but I'd like to think that supporting rather than criticising might help at least a tiny bit. Doesn't look likely we're going to be getting a new keeper any time soon, so let's get behind him eh?
I am one of those that never has a go at players during a game.

Are you saying that we are not allowed to mention shortfalls of players? Not allowed to mention mistakes made by players?

Do you only ever talk about the good things our players do and never mention the bad?

Astute

Makes no sense. We’re in the play offs last time I checked how are we stuck?
So we are going up this season?

Are we in the playoffs (just) because of how well Burge has played all season?

SlowerThanPlatt

So we are going up this season?

Are we in the playoffs (just) because of how well Burge has played all season?

Not what I said but sure. We’re not stuck like you said.

Maybe you should tell me whether we’re going to get promoted being the professional standard goalkeeper and knowing better than experienced managers as I’m just a fan. What do you think our chances are?

Adge

Which is exactly what we did after his good showing at Newport where he earned us a good point. But Saturdays horror show from Burge after only 5 minutes set the tone for the rest of the game. Not that it was him in isolation either.

Brighton Sky Blue

They choked big time in front of one of the biggest crowds in the league's recent history. Considering the decades of bottom half finishes this club is pretty well supported.

Astute

Not what I said but sure. We’re not stuck like you said.

Maybe you should tell me whether we’re going to get promoted being the professional standard goalkeeper and knowing better than experienced managers as I’m just a fan. What do you think our chances are?
You are right.

We were not stuck in the Championship

We were not stuck in Division 3

We still have a decent chance of going up. But it isn't my faith in Burge that makes me think this.

Users who are viewing this thread