Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Transfer Rumour Summer Transfer Window 2026 (8 Viewers)

Everyone's wages will double overnight. That's when you realise that there's no money left to spend.

I can't see any situation where Doug puts in a promotion clause that doubles wages. I expect they will get a nice pay rise and a bonus, but doubled? No chance.
 
I can't see any situation where Doug puts in a promotion clause that doubles wages. I expect they will get a nice pay rise and a bonus, but doubled? No chance.
We're approximating and guestimating here. There's no way to be accurate because we don't know in the Championship. Don't underestimate it though I won't be far out. The Burnley wage bill more than doubled this season from £30m, just for example

 
Last edited:
We're approximating and guestimating here. There's no way to be accurate because we don't know in the Championship. Don't underestimate it though I won't be far out. The Burnley wage bill more than doubled this season from £30m, just for example

Tbf you're having a nightmare here. You can't really compare us to Burnley, who have been up and down to the Premier League more than a whores draws.
 
So we double our wage bill from £30m to £60m - why does that mean the remaining £90m of funding we get just evaporates?

I’ve just done a rough fag-packet estimate of what the wage bill could look like and got to £55.1m (probably low-balled it slightly and this is just for the 25-player squad and assumed we brought in 11 players on an average wage of £57k p/w).

GK - £45k

GK - £30k

Wilson - £15k



Van Ewijk - £40k

KKH - £25k



LB - £45k

Dasilva - £25k



CB - £60k

CB - £50k

Thomas - £30k

Latibeaudiere - £25k



Grimes - £40k

Onyeka - £45k

CM - £80k

CM - £60k

Eccles - £25k

Rudoni - £40k

AM - £80k



RW - £60k

Sakamoto - £25k



LW - £50k

EMC - £30k



ST - £70k

Wright - £40k

BTA - £25k
 
Some sensational shouts in there. Started off with Connor Gallagher, I thought “ok, makes a bit of sense, history with Lampard, etc” then BAM all of a sudden we’re signing Chris Rigg for €60m.
He's reportedly on 180k plus a week at Spurs
 
Coventry City have reportedly been monitoring Holstein Kiel left-back John Tolkin, according to Schleswig-Holsteinischen Zeitungsverlag.
vivien leigh confusion GIF
 
"On January 16, 2025, Tolkin transferred to Bundesliga club Holstein Kiel for a transfer fee of $3 million including a sell on fee.[22] A day after the signing, due to outcry from some fans, the club released a statement in which Tolkin distanced himself again from his controversial social media likes, maintaining they are incompatible with his personal values and that he respects all people.[23] Tolkin had previously liked social media posts mocking the LGBTQ community, critical of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, questioning the existence of gravity and the January 6 United States Capitol attack and supporting flat Earth beliefs.[24][25] Tolkin had also previously apologized for the behavior in a CBS Golazo interview during the 2024 Olympic games.[26]"
...but apart from that, he's alright.
 
wtaf? The more I think about it we won't spend £50m net.

The lowest wage bill in the PL was Wolves on £65m in 2025-6 and I don't see us spending much less. Together with £50m potential investment we'd be in for a lot of money £115m or so. There's my thinking...

Zero point in going up then. If we only spend 50 mil we won't get 10 points next season. We will then lose all our best players as they will want to play in the Prem. Lampard will walk through lack of ambition but don't worry we will have 100 mil in the bank.
 
Just read what you said about Doug king when he sacked Robins

OK?

You also just took a joke about an AI article personally so guess how much importance I put on your opinion?
 
I would say there is a very good chance there is some major investment coming into the club. 1 year in the premier league isn't going to do anything for our long term prospects.
The HAAS owner maybe or heard rumours of JLR?
 
Do people geniunely want Gus back now? I feel it would be an anti-climax if he was our star signing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom