Stuart Linnell is a Muppet !!! (1 Viewer)

ohitsaidwalker king power

Sorry... just a bad attempt to inject a little humour into a dire situation. Whatever our differences about the root cause of sky blue woes.. we must all remember that it IS the one thing that unites us all... even when we dont agree?

That said.
:blue:

;)

Last edited:

lifelongcityfan

i find cwr to be more nauseating than ever...eakin has no idea, there is no hint of investigative journalism ( apart from shane on a monday) , and all the sisus apologists see it as a rallying point, whilst the station continues to ignore the views of the majority. just my view

CarpyCov84

i find cwr to be more nauseating than ever...eakin has no idea, there is no hint of investigative journalism ( apart from shane on a monday) , and all the sisus apologists see it as a rallying point, whilst the station continues to ignore the views of the majority. just my view

Pretty much spot on tbh fella

jaytskyblue

A business is judged on outcomes.. Primarily

Revenue and growth
Profitability
Strengthening of product or service and assets
With others such as positive customer and stakeholder relationships.

Sisu have failed totally on all these business measures.

So to anyone, name me one positive business outcome Sisu have achieved at CCFC?

cloughie

Sacking Coleman, Thorn and Boothroyd.

Obviously counteracted by the fact they employed the useless fuckers in the first place.

At least Fisher seems a tad bit better than Ranson at picking managers.

No i think its Waggott that does most of the actual football business

Paxman II

I thought Linnell was fair today and only accepted facts we know of rather than the continuous diatribe people will insist on regurgitating constantly because they either don't follow the news properly or they are just thick.

Point in case: one caller could not believe SISU did not accept the offer of 150k rent? The facts were then made clear by Linnell. Yet I bet more morons will keep repeating this 150k offer over and over because they just don't want to believe it may not have been offered to SISU at all! SISU after all must be the devil.
Some seriously need to ask questions of all sides, adjust your preconceptions over fact and consider how we can help bring about a solution and that isn't just repeated cry's of SISU out. How about ACL out?

Last edited:

cloughie

Honestly I've never seen the problem with linnel previously.. Despite people always being on his back.. But I sat there today and listened to him be all nicey nicey and sympathising with the caller who had gone to Northampton last week, and he then went onto to say the guy just wanted to support his club... And he had the right to do so etc. he didnt chalange the guy, and dint try to make him feel bad fr going, quite the opposite.. Which is correct and all well and good @ I thought fair play, he's offering a balanced argument.. Then the guy came on that said he hadn't gone & wouldn't be going.. And linnell totally changed, no sympathy , No toleration of the guys view on things, challenging him on his stance & trying to argue against what the caller believed ..and his was certainly being no where near as nice to that guy!!

After that It was pretty clear which side if the line he resides on.. And that's not me being anti sisu, anti acl, pro this or pro that.. That's telling it as I heard it.. Impartial , and offering a balanced view ? he certainly was not!

Just how I heard it, but not for the 1st time in recent weeks he has gone down in my opinion regarding balance

lifelongcityfan

who is linnell...what qualifies him to make a statement about anything? he is full of his own self importance and believes he is always right.. what value does he add???

jaytskyblue

Sisu have utterly failed Ccfc as a business owner and have chosen to burn their bridges with Coventry. The buck for this mess stops with them as our owner.

Sisu out.

cloughie

who is linnell...what qualifies him to make a statement about anything? he is full of his own self importance and believes he is always right.. what value does he add???

This is his downfall he argues what he believes instead of being impartial, it is so very obvious and unprofessional.

Nicey nicey to those who agree with his veiled view and abrupt with those who offer a different view

Grendel

Nicey nicey to those who agree with his veiled view and abrupt with those who offer a different view

Are you talking about Linnell or yourself or lifelong or mad jack or.......................

L

longjohnskyblue

I don't know how sisu linnell has the gall to call himself a journalist - he struggles as a broadcaster! Let's face it any broadcaster with even the remotest of talent would be picked up by a larger broadcasting region than C&W. Sure it's owned by the beeb, but it is ultimately a provincial radio station. Talent tends to go upwards - Linnell is relegated to the dog end of sky blues interactive on game days! Considering how long this simpering sycophant has been in the industry, it shows what a low opinion the station has of him!

He has been a disgrace for years, surprised the contempt for him hasn't been forthcoming sooner tbh

oakey

I agree that Linnell was not fair and balanced tonight. I stopped the car and listened very closely. Try listen again at 35 to 45 minutes in. He was sympathetic and courteous to the chap who spoke about enjoying the match at Northampton and, kind of congratulated him for being a loyal fan. When another chap came on to give the I wont go to Northampton line he seemed impatient, curt and kept interrupting him. He tried to appear more balanced with a, well you're entitled to your view bit, but it was clear to me that he was less than impressed with what remains the majority view. When he brought Eakin in for a comment he seemed much more impartial IMO.
If you didn't know better you would think the NOPM fans were a small, eccentric minority.
Disappointing.

covmark

well if your to thick to understand the post that is obvious, you only expose your foolishness
grendel makes a good point, its only what happens on here when you don't subscribe to the majority view. Nicey nicey if your one of the PWKH arse lickers, abrupt responses if you offer a different view to most of the sheep

ajsccfc

tumblr_ll0m42TRc81qdog02.gif

pugwash

Half the time I sympathise with him .... some of the callers have the conversational skills of a loaf of bread. I didn't listen to the broadcast, but I've always thought he is more patient with those that are able to give reasoned thoughts and arguments as opposed to stating "facts" that they heard in a pub somewhere (that he then attempts to correct and gives the impression that he is biased). Do I wish that he would ask tougher questions? Absolutely. But then again I don't know if CWR management have asked him not to in the interests of a good relationship with CCFC. CWR aren't really into investigative journalism are they?

I personally think he can be a little condescending with callers sometimes (no matter what their viewpoint) and talks over Geoff and Clive a fair bit too, I don't see him taking sides, as someone posted earlier, some of the callers have the debating skills of a stone, and they need to put straight when they are coming out with nonsense and untruths, again I have heard him do this with pro and antis SISU callers, but as we know if you show any modicum of thought towards the SISU argument you are going to get hammered on here by the rent boy morons...the age of debate is dead on here, to many shouters and keyboard warriors.

Grendel

well if your to thick to understand the post that is obvious, you only expose your foolishness

Love it, comedy gold. It's obvious if Linnell screamed "sisu rent boy", "your dim fisher", "you must fancy joyless" - you'd be putting him up for a Pulitzer Prize. It's hilarious.

CovFan

grendel makes a good point, its only what happens on here when you don't subscribe to the majority view. Nicey nicey if your one of the PWKH arse lickers, abrupt responses if you offer a different view to most of the sheep

You lose all impact when you use the word sheep, try to think of something original for once.

oakey

I think Linnell has not yet admitted that the NOPM fans make up about 90%.
He seems to give the impression that it is split pretty evenly. As such he misrepresents the feelings of the fans. Someone needs to ask him directly, "Stuart, do you accept the vast majority of fans support NOPM?" Then see if he is open and honest, and accurate in his judgement. The follow up should then be, "Why does your coverage not reflect this?"

shmmeee

Repeatedly stating "IT woz ACL wot did it" is not offering another view, it's noise. Every argument I've seen, from the rent being too high (not any more it isn't) to revenue streams (on offer, and no evidence that they'll be better at new stadium) has been argued against rationally.

Where you see the froth and foam is the idea that Sisu should be given the Ricoh at a cut price, either through capitulation to their demands or through ACL going bust, and often not just ACL but requests for the freehold to go through. That is a moral argument in a large part (giving away publically owned assets) hence the lack of sense and large amount of bluster.

I think the really telling word in your post is "sheep", the viewpoint I see from a lot of anti-ACL posters, and it's no coincidence the hive of this is GMK, is that of a kind of "edgy" "hipster" who has to prove how clever he is by constantly playing devils advocate and whatever the mainstream view is. There are one or two who offer genuine debate (and funnily enough those are the ones who when prodded admit to not wanting Sisu here either) but there are many more who either have been Trolls pre-Sisu (Grendel) or who have always taken against the "mainstream" view (GMK). They deserve all the shortness they get.

Users who are viewing this thread