Stuart Beavon (2 Viewers)

Magwitch

What’s this fixation on here re Stuart Beavon, he’s a reserve reserve, running his contract down, that’s the system nowadays. Remember we are just one division higher than the lowest in the EFL pyramid so he doesn’t have a lot of choice.

stevefloyd

I guess the fixation is that we have a player who is obviously being paid but not featuring for a long long long time

Magwitch

I guess the fixation is that we have a player who is obviously being paid but not featuring for a long long long time
Because he has a contract, that’s how it works should he leave tomorrow the remaining time on that contract is paid up unless he comes to a deal with a new club and ccfc but one way or another he’ll get it paid.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think I would rather pay him and not play him than see him in the side, the decision to give him a contract last summer was dreadful nearly as bad as signing him in the first place.

Otis

2 goals in 4 games for Wrexham.

Nice that he's found his level. Maybe he should have moved to the National Leagues sooner.

better days

2 goals in 4 games for Wrexham.

Nice that he's found his level. Maybe he should have moved to the National Leagues sooner.
Sam Ricketts is doing very well in his first job as manager
I always thought he'd do well
If he carries on as he's started it won't be long till teams higher up the leagues start taking an interest

Otis

If he carries on as he's started it won't be long till teams higher up the leagues start taking an interest
Teams like Coventry City?

Sky Blue Harry H

Attendance at home to Ebbsfleet 4,718. That's impressive (although bulked up by the 92 from Ebbsfleet!)
Also Maguire-Drew on the bench for Wrexham!

Grendel

Sky Blue Harry H

Watched extended highlights of Wrexham v Ebbsfleet (time on my hands!) and Beavon looked really sharp - involved in a lot of good link up play and good goal.

Otis

Watched extended highlights of Wrexham v Ebbsfleet (time on my hands!) and Beavon looked really sharp - involved in a lot of good link up play and good goal.
I liked him.

Bottom line is though that he either needed to be scoring himself, or creating opportunities for others and he wasn't.

Hope it works out fine for him there.

higgs

Hope he makes a better manager than he did as captain didn't show much leadership on the pitch for us

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I liked him.

Bottom line is though that he either needed to be scoring himself, or creating opportunities for others and he wasn't.

Hope it works out fine for him there.

Good to see him getting games and finding a bit of form

Was never going to get games here, even if every striker on the books were out for the season and every replacement who came in got crocked in their first training session

Sky Blue Harry H

Good to see him getting games and finding a bit of form

Was never going to get games here, even if every striker on the books were out for the season and every replacement who came in got crocked in their first training session

Bit harsh SW !!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Hope he makes a better manager than he did as captain didn't show much leadership on the pitch for us

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Interesting that you think he wasn’t a good captain yet in the thread from the trust meeting both Willis & Burge say he was the best captain (possibly excluding Doyle as that was a caveat in the question) they’ve played under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Last year, when he did play, he was playing the same role that Biamou and now JCH play. The outlet to aim at and hold the ball up. I remember when he came back into the team in November against Crawley, after the injuries to Jones and Kelly, and we went to 3 at the back and were shocking. Our tactic of keeping it tight with 2 DMs and breaking with Jones out the window. We spent the first half lumping the ball at head height to Beavon who is 5 foot 6. Never understood why people point the finger at his goalscoring record when they watch that happen.

Nick

Administrator
That game where we played long ball to him and McNulty was a highlight while Biamou was sat on the bench watching.

Terry Gibson's perm

His goal scoring record is hi-lighted because it is so poor even when the ball went in the box which was rarely at times he was normally well away from it and many times behind the ball. he ran around a lot looking busy but doing little and that keeps some of our fans happy the renewing of his contract was crazy but the good news is he has gone

Grendel

Last year, when he did play, he was playing the same role that Biamou and now JCH play. The outlet to aim at and hold the ball up. I remember when he came back into the team in November against Crawley, after the injuries to Jones and Kelly, and we went to 3 at the back and were shocking. Our tactic of keeping it tight with 2 DMs and breaking with Jones out the window. We spent the first half lumping the ball at head height to Beavon who is 5 foot 6. Never understood why people point the finger at his goalscoring record when they watch that happen.

His goal scoring record is awful though regardless of teams and formations - he had one season where he hit 20 for Wycombe - take out that season and he averages a goal every 9 games

Users who are viewing this thread