Stuart Beavon (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

Andy Morrell, Robbie Simpson, Stuart Beavon, Max Biamou ...

Everyone always mentions that non-goal scorers "Work hard" surely that's the bare minimum expected, but as a striker I want goals too. This isn't like a Big C who wasn't prolific but made lots of goals for others, these are players who run around a lot and don't achieve much, but are lauded by fans for their effort, Give me a "lazy" Jacob Murphy above these any day of the week.
I liked Jacob Murphy and never felt he was a lazy player. However all 4 players you mention did work hard but offered more than just hard work. Biamou is a case in point. Yes he works hard but at this level ( note that I said at this level) I think he is a good footballer. He has a deft touch, can see and pick out a pass is good in the air ( that is not just aimlessly flicking it on as some would say) and as he has proved on two occasions, has a rasping shot.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Reda Johnson

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Was scrolling through ready to post this, get to the last one and someone’s beat me to it! Someone asked for a centre back at this standard who has a decent record, and straight away I thought of Reda.
18 in 75 at Wednesday
7 in 32 with us
4 in 28 at Eastleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

Was scrolling through ready to post this, get to the last one and someone’s beat me to it! Someone asked for a centre back at this standard who has a decent record, and straight away I thought of Reda.
18 in 75 at Wednesday
7 in 32 with us
4 in 28 at Eastleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a shame he was so injury prone

Nick

Administrator
I don't think it's looking very likely he is going to be moved on :( Easy season with a couple of U23 appearances await until his contract runs down.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't think it's looking very likely he is going to be moved on :( Easy season with a couple of U23 appearances await until his contract runs down.

Must be on far more money than we is worth so is sitting it out, I can’t work out why no team wants a non scoring striker I co

stevefloyd

Really liked him when he first come to Cov, very disappointed in him after that, wasting his time here must be great getting paid for fuck all

Grendel

He needs to retire
anyone know his weekly wage? his obviously just hanging around getting paid taking up wages.
Really liked him when he first come to Cov, very disappointed in him after that, wasting his time here must be great getting paid for fuck all

In the end what’s he going to do?

“Oh yes Mark you should never have offered me that contract - it’s my fault - I’ll just leave with nothing”

Otis

He was injured and unavailable for a good part of last season
He certainly didn't have any luck with injuries at all. Lots of little niggling ones by the sound of it.

I thought he was going to play a part last season, but when you saw how we set up and the way we played, he simply wasn't at all suited and looked lost when he was selected.

I can't see how he can find a way back in now unless we change our system.

better days

He certainly didn't have any luck with injuries at all. Lots of little niggling ones by the sound of it.

I thought he was going to play a part last season, but when you saw how we set up and the way we played, he simply wasn't at all suited and looked lost when he was selected.

I can't see how he can find a way back in now unless we change our system.
Think you're right Otis
Robins has apparently told him he can go if he can find a club
Good luck to the lad

stevefloyd

In the end what’s he going to do?

“Oh yes Mark you should never have offered me that contract - it’s my fault - I’ll just leave with nothing”
I am not entirely blaming him but lets suppose he is on a good wage here why should he leave to more than likely a lesser wage, the problem is with whoever offered him a 2 year deal which I presume was Robins

fernandopartridge

I am not entirely blaming him but lets suppose he is on a good wage here why should he leave to more than likely a lesser wage, the problem is with whoever offered him a 2 year deal which I presume was Robins
Robins did but wouldn't have expected him to get injured. You and others need to get over your dislike for him, he's never been prolific in his career and hasn't really let us down when he has played

no_loyalty

Think you're right Otis
Robins has apparently told him he can go if he can find a club
Good luck to the lad

If he is on a decent wage here, his agent won't be busting a gut finding him another club

fatso

He got injured and missed much of last season, and by the time he was available, Mcnulty was back in form. But if we hadn’t of got promoted, we would almost certainly of lost more players, and He’d be right back in the mix again.
That’s football for you!

Hobo

I have worked with loads of people like that.

oucho

If he is on a decent wage here, his agent won't be busting a gut finding him another club

Agents make their money from transfers so, if anything, his agent will be keen to move him whilst Bev digs his heels in.

I did like him to begin with but it soon became clear that despite his apparently good attitude / senior pro / experience blah blah blah he's a striker who doesn't score. Passenger.

Esoterica

When he played last year it was early in the season and he played in the Biamou position of a deep lying centre forward with that massive gap between him and our back 7. Lots of channel running and coming short for the ball. Never going to get many goals when you're asked to play that role and 75% of the balls are pumped at your head when you're 5ft 6. Not good enough for league 1 now but unfairly cast the villain. Too easy to point out his goal record by people that don't really appreciate what is unfolding before their eyes. No idea why he was offered that length of contract at his age though.

Last edited:

AVWskyblue

When he played last year it was early in the season and he played in the Biamou position of a deep lying centre forward with that massive gap between him and our back 7. Lots of channel running and coming short for the ball. Never going to get many goals when you're asked to play that role and 75% of the balls are pumped at your head when you're 5ft 6. Not good enough for league 1 now but unfairly cast the villain. Too easy to point out his goal record by people that don't really appreciate what is unfolding before their eyes. No idea why he was offered that length a contract at his age though.
Exactly with a feeding midfield who can also score don't write the old fellow off

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Chipfat

An agent makes anything from 3% to 10% on any players contracts, so pushing moves is not always in the interest of agent client relationship. So if Beavon is on decent money that his agent knows he can't get somewhere else, it's sit in and let the existing deal run out until another opportunity comes along.

Beavon, is not going to walk away from 100,000 or whatever he is on because it upsets a few fans. He will train, complete his contractual obligations unless told otherwise which will be due to a pay off, loan or a contract offer from another club. The fact he is still here may show others are not willing to match or better his current deal.

better days

An agent makes anything from 3% to 10% on any players contracts, so pushing moves is not always in the interest of agent client relationship. So if Beavon is on decent money that his agent knows he can't get somewhere else, it's sit in and let the existing deal run out until another opportunity comes along.

Beavon, is not going to walk away from 100,000 or whatever he is on because it upsets a few fans. He will train, complete his contractual obligations unless told otherwise which will be due to a pay off, loan or a contract offer from another club. The fact he is still here may show others are not willing to match or better his current deal.
It's his livelihood and he has a family to support
I think the lad wants to play though as do most players and he is looking for an opportunity
He was supposed to be involved last night but I don't know why it didn't happen

Otis

It's his livelihood and he has a family to support
I think the lad wants to play though as do most players and he is looking for an opportunity
He was supposed to be involved last night but I don't know why it didn't happen
Sudden interest from somewhere perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread