Stuart Beavon (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

“We are delighted that Stuart has signed a new contract. The agreement sees him extend his stay with us for a further year, with the relegation clause subsequently removed.

I’d expect this sort of contrasting storyline from the Telegraph, but not the club

really ?. this is the same club who will never go back to ricoh, will have a new ground built etc etc

ccfcway

Look, if we want to rant we are not going to let facts get in the way of that! Grrrr!!!

the facts that he has scored 2 league goals in 38 league games for us and burton in last two seasons ?.

do you think that's acceptable for a league one / two striker ?

NorthernWisdom

“We are delighted that Stuart has signed a new contract. The agreement sees him extend his stay with us for a further year, with the relegation clause subsequently removed.

I’d expect this sort of contrasting storyline from the Telegraph, but not the club

What's contrasting in that? It's a further year from the end of his previous contract, which has been extended by a year to 2019.

Otis

the facts that he has scored 2 league goals in 38 league games for us and burton in last two seasons ?
Ah, but you said 2 goals in 2 years for us.

Not factually accurate and then you moved the goalposts to include Burton too. Ha!! ;)

skybluepm2

really ?. this is the same club who will never go back to ricoh, will have a new ground built etc etc

The same club that said the Notts County tickets were sold out yesterday yet I managed to buy one last night. I was jesting sir, they’re both as bad as each other.

ccfcway

Ah, but you said 2 goals in 2 years for us.

Not factually accurate and then you moved the goalposts to include Burton too. Ha!! ;)

didn't take too much to move the goalposts as he didn't score one for burton, I should have just changed the words "for us", as reality is he has scored 2 league goals in 2 years full stop

Otis

didn't take too much to move the goalposts as he didn't score one for burton, I should have just changed the words "for us", as reality is he has scored 2 league goals in 2 years full stop
It only matters what he does for us though. I still think he may have a part to play and is good experience to have come on from the bench.

Let's see what happens from now until the end of the season.

Last edited:

no_loyalty

I predict Beavon will be playing in the National league next season, or secure a lucrative deal to play in India

ccfcway

It only matters what he does for us though. I still think he may have a part to play and is good experience to have come on from the bench.

Let's see what happens from now until the end of the season.

9 games left and likely to be our 5th choice striker. I am predicting not a lot will happen with him from now till the end of the season

Otis

Well, time will tell.

I think it's a strong, experienced player to have as an option from the bench.

ccfcway

Bilson, stokes, kelly, Barrett, Biamou, reid, pont

That was last bench

No willis, DKE, Baker, Davies and maguire drew, to all come in as well.

I suppose likely one he would replace would be pont ?

Otis

Bilson, stokes, kelly, Barrett, Biamou, reid, pont

That was last bench

No willis, DKE, Baker, Davies and maguire drew, to all come in as well.

I suppose likely one he would replace would be pont ?
JMD has gone. I do think in place on Ponticelli. Not every game by any means, but on occasion.

He is good at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. He is an intelligent footballer too.

We all of course wish he would score more goals and he most certainly doesn't warrant a starting place at the moment, but he is a different kind of player to bring on and a completely different type of striker to Biamou, Ponticelli and Clarke-Harris.

oucho

I think it's a strong, experienced player to have as an option from the bench.

But for what benefit? Genuinely don't think he adds anything. Yes he can run around a bit but if he's not contributing goals and assists we might as well keep him off the field and play with 10 men. Total waste of a squad place.

skybluesam66

But for what benefit? Genuinely don't think he adds anything. Yes he can walk around a bit but if he's not contributing goals and assists we might as well keep him in a field and play with 10 men. Total waste of a squad place.
updated for you

Liquid Gold

Started last season 1st choice striker in a championship squad and ended this one 5th choice in league 2. What a fall.

Liquid Gold

Is that what caused the injury?

What sort of height are we talking about?
giphy.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

I guess burton will want him back as he was player of the year, maybe we could swap him back for Sordell

Terry Gibson's perm

they have Darren bent now. he's not scored in the championship all season, so they have comfortably replaced him

Sordell is 6 in 45 so don’t think I’d want him back either already got Biamou for the non scoring spot

Nonleagueherewecome

Hey, maybe if someone moved the goalposts, he might score then...

oucho

Do we have a vet at the game by any chance, so he can be humanely put down?
Surely we could get a sell-on fee if we flog him to the local knackers yard - when he gets turned into glue, we'll get a few bob.

Terry Gibson's perm

Surely we could get a sell-on fee if we flog him to the local knackers yard - when he gets turned into glue, we'll get a few bob.

In football terms we are the knackers yard just ask Tim sherwood and Keith O’Neil amongst others

Users who are viewing this thread