Strikers (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Biamou improved massively as the season progressed. JCH is getting worse each game. When I watched Kevin Kyle I thought I had seen the worst striker I would ever see,JCH is making me question that view.

Absurd comparison

As is the notion that mcnulty benefited from Biamou - the stats don’t support the theory at all

Grendel

The reality is mcnulty scored in 16 league games last season.

8 of them Biamou started in and 8 were a combination of other strikers mainly Nazon and Clarke Harris

Therefore the strike partner was not relevant

The real factor was when bayliss played and when he didn’t

DannyThomas_1981

Absurd comparison

As is the notion that mcnulty benefited from Biamou - the stats don’t support the theory at all

So since you love stats Grends, in his last 10 games in L2 Biamou scored 6, was the perfect foil for McNulty, provided numerous assists and was totally outstanding in our play off game at County.

But of course, Biamou in your eyes is a pub player who showed no signs of improvement over the season.

Grendel

So since you love stats Grends, in his last 10 games in L2 Biamou scored 6, was the perfect foil for McNulty, provided numerous assists and was totally outstanding in our play off game at County.

But of course, Biamou in your eyes is a pub player who showed no signs of improvement over the season.

He scored 4 in his last 18 league 2 games

He made 3 assists all season including 1 in his debut

Grendel

A new first even for Grendel. He’s a better judge than McNulty as to who McNulty should be playing with. Jesus Christ.

Mcnulty scored in as many league games with him as without him. He was asked has did he like playing with him. What’s he expected to say.

Again the stats prove it’s not true don’t they?

DannyThomas_1981

Another new first. You are now excluding our biggest games of the season i.e. the play offs to desperately support your argument against Max. It’s desperate Grends. Stop digging.

Grendel

Another new first. You are now excluding our biggest games of the season i.e. the play offs to desperately support your argument against Max. It’s desperate Grends. Stop digging.

You said league 2 games - what you are basically saying is he had one game where he made an impact.

You said he had loads of assists - he had 3

You said mcnulty benefitted from him. Yet his goal scoring ratio with him in the team and without him is identical.

DannyThomas_1981

You said league 2 games - what you are basically saying is he had one game where he made an impact.

You said he had loads of assists - he had 3

You said mcnulty benefitted from him. Yet his goal scoring ratio with him in the team and without him is identical.

Interesting Grends. I think by the use of your own selective stats (goal scoring ratio for McNulty with Max in the team) that you conclude that Max was at least as good then as the other strike partners paired with McNulty. Quite an admission from you. Well done.

Grendel

Interesting Grends. I think by the use of your own selective stats (goal scoring ratio for McNulty with Max in the team) that you conclude that Max was at least as good then as the other strike partners paired with McNulty. Quite an admission from you. Well done.

It proved it wasn’t the strike partner that was the difference

Old Warwickshire lad

Absurd comparison

Grendel we both know statistics can prove and disprove whatever we want.
Lies,damn lies and statistics? I was not a big fan of Biamou, but thought he bought something to the team even when he was not scoring.
But I can’t for the life of me see what JCH is contributing, the lad is completely useless.

Grendel

It’s Christmas Grends. Throw away the shovel, relax for once, enjoy a few mince pies and please stop embarrassing yourself.

I’ve merely responded to your immaculate theories

Otis

Biamou improved massively as the season progressed. JCH is getting worse each game. When I watched Kevin Kyle I thought I had seen the worst striker I would ever see,JCH is making me question that view.
JCH should be much better than he actually is. He seems to have all the right attributes He seems to have a lot of upper body strength and has a rocket of a shot on him. It's baffling really.

stevefloyd

I do nt think theres any combination of strikers that could work if JCH is one of them. The words stricker and JCH in the same sentence does not make sense.
Chaplin could yet come good if he had someone to play off.

I agree I couldn't understand it

Nick

Administrator
JCH should be much better than he actually is. He seems to have all the right attributes He seems to have a lot of upper body strength and has a rocket of a shot on him. It's baffling really.

Yet never uses his strength at all. Luke Thomas puts it about more and probably weighs half.

It's as if he would apologise if he got 2 footed, then finish the game and start swaggering about a bit with an attitude. Just needs to show some of that on the pitch.Defenders aren't scared of him.

stevefloyd

Stockley suits nothing we’ve currently got in my view, get Stockley you need wingers.

That’s the key area we’re struggling in for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And wingers that can deliver a decent ball into the right areas on occasions would be good

stevefloyd

JCH seems as though he just goes through the motions and by his own admission he plays better when he is riled, well if thats the case if he can't 'rile' himself on enough occasions maybe he should try another profession!!!

stevefloyd

The trouble is with Robins is that he buys a good player and then considers it his duty to change their favoured position to the detriment of their game, Andreu (wherever he's vanished to) doesn't fit Chaplins not fitting along with Hiwula all played out of their favoured positions just like England have done for years, take a player who excels at their respective clubs then play them in a 'foreign' position just don't make sense to me.
Viveash talks a great game but if he was that good why did Chelsea let him go?

Old Warwickshire lad

Agree he is a big strong lad,but he can get knocked over by a gust of wind. And as for the rocket shot,he can’t control the ball long enough to get it off most of the time.
And on the odd occasion he has I still can’t remember him hitting the target.

letsallsingtogether

The stats don’t.
Stats just watch the football without hatred for a player.
Sorry Grendel Biamou did more work around the pitch and tried harder than any of our current strikers.
You try and make out JCH is by far a superior player, I wont write him off yet hopefully he'll have a blinder today.

Seaside-Skyblue

I’m afraid he’s got too many signings wrong this year for me, none that have improved the team, but I’m starting to think they may do better under a new manager. Just look at Man Utd and Southampton, new manager + same players = better results.
Thats true until a year down the line and those new managers get sacked and it becomes rinse and repeat. Managers need time to learn from mistakes too rather than making errors here and taking the fruit of that learning to a diff club and succeeding.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Pete in Portugal

JCH appears to have all the attributes, except one. Critically, I think he lacks the ability to make the right decision and execute it when in front of goal. This is not good news for a striker.

shmmeee

Fuck Chaplin off, sign Stockley with the cash. Pick two from JCH, Stockley, Baka and Hiwula.

stupot07

He has no footballing brain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

He scored 5 in his last 18 league games.
Swindon *1
Newport *1
Yeovil *2
Cheltenham *1

In those 18 league games he played 783 mins, so thats a goal every 157 minutes over his last 18 league appearances, without including his brace against notts county in the play offs. All his goals were from open play.

JCH scored 3 from 17 in league two last seasom over 1,081 mins at a goal every 360 mins, but one of those was a pen, so from open play 2 goals, meaning 1 goal every 540 mins.

Assists can be a bit of a red herring too, there is more to an assist than just providing the last passing touch in a move.

Not saying he's a world beater.

Last edited:

Otis

He has no footballing brain.

Yeah, would definitely agree on that. Quite often it's just put his head down and try and score a wonder goal all by himself.

I much prefer Biamou, for all his limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread