Strikers (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I could knock Chaplin off the ball and JCH is nowhere near up to it. It has to be a priority to get someone in January. We’re crying Out for Jayden Stockley

Nick

Administrator
I could knock Chaplin off the ball and JCH is nowhere near up to it. It has to be a priority to get someone in January. We’re crying Out for Jayden Stockley
You could probably make jch fall over by pushing Chaplin over.

Thing is, we are going to need to sell to start throwing that money about.

We are handing over 500k for Chaplin!

letsallsingtogether

You could probably make jch fall over by pushing Chaplin over.

Thing is, we are going to need to sell to start throwing that money about.

We are handing over 500k for Chaplin!
But isn't that money from the summer transfers?

steve82

Scored three today so no good to us that’s half a seasons quota

The stats on Stockley are impressive, but Exeter are geared up to utilise him to maximum ability.

On current players we cannot do that. Tho I wish we could.

We need 3 players in January as a minimum in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

The stats on Stockley are impressive, but Exeter are geared up to utilyhim to maximum ability.

On current players we cannot do that. Tho I wish we could.

We need 3 players in January as a minimum in my opinion

They get the ball into the box where damage can be caused we pass it around the defence and then lose it

Otis

We've got Chaplin. There is seemingly no way out of that deal, so we need to bring players in who can play alongside him.

The Clarke-Harris/Chaplin combination is clearly not working.

steve82

They get the ball into the box where damage can be caused we pass it around the defence and then lose it

We've got Chaplin. There is seemingly no way out of that deal, so we need to bring players in who can play alongside him.

The Clarke-Harris/Chaplin combination is clearly not working.

A Stockley type for sure. Preferably him but we need natural wide men to compliment that figurehead too to play on the front foot.

A cheaper very short term option could be another cheeky bid for Tom Pope in January with the focus on wingers.

Both top the L2 Ariel challenges won.

288 - Tom Pope - Port Vale
239 - Jayden Stockley - Exeter

One brings goals the other possibly sorts Chaplin’s issues

slyblue57

I do nt think theres any combination of strikers that could work if JCH is one of them. The words stricker and JCH in the same sentence does not make sense.
Chaplin could yet come good if he had someone to play off.

cc84cov

Tactically Robins is the level he’s at hence why soon as he moved up with Huddersfield he come crashing back down to Scunthorpe you get found out at this level it’s so clear to see plan A is all he has subs waits too late to make it’s painful to watch.We got lucky last season.

Otis

I do nt think theres any combination of strikers that could work if JCH is one of them. The words stricker and JCH in the same sentence does not make sense.
Chaplin could yet come good if he had someone to play off.
Well, that's my thinking too.

I certainly don't think we have played at all to Chaplin's strengths, as poor as he may have been.

Nick

Administrator
If we got a new striker would he change the system to suit? We have seen loads of strikers play this season and the system has stayed the same.

chiefdave

Seen his name mentioned a few times the last couple of weeks. Is it based on people having seen him play and thinking he will fit in with what Robins is doing or just looking at his stats?

Grendel

Well, that's my thinking too.

I certainly don't think we have played at all to Chaplin's strengths, as poor as he may have been.

Chaplin looks well off being a player whose going to deliver at this level

steve82

Seen his name mentioned a few times the last couple of weeks. Is it based on people having seen him play and thinking he will fit in with what Robins is doing or just looking at his stats?

Stockley suits nothing we’ve currently got in my view, get Stockley you need wingers.

That’s the key area we’re struggling in for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WillenhallSkyBlues

A lot of so called experts who are backing Chaplin to ‘come good with a bit of confidence’ will soon have to start admitting he’s no good. Still can’t believe half of our supporters made out he was as good as jesus’ second coming when we signed him from Portsmouth’s subs bench

Nick

Administrator
A lot of so called experts who are backing Chaplin to ‘come good with a bit of confidence’ will soon have to start admitting he’s no good. Still can’t believe half of our supporters made out he was as good as jesus’ second coming when we signed him from Portsmouth’s subs bench
I thought he might but just can't see it. He was meant to be the finisher to get us goals. We are playing him in midfield while somebody else is on their own with the defenders.

Super Graham Withey

I thought he might but just can't see it. He was meant to be the finisher to get us goals. We are playing him in midfield while somebody else is on their own with the defenders.
Chaplin seems to want play in behind JCH. He doesn't want to run in behind defenders like McNulty did last season. Given we needed a replacement for McNulty I don't know why Robins bought him, I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest.

Terry Gibson's perm

Chaplin seems to want play in behind JCH. He doesn't want to run in behind defenders like McNulty did last season. Given we needed a replacement for McNulty I don't know why Robins bought him, I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest.

I think he is doing this because his confidence is shot or the negative way the manager sets up

Otis

No-one is saying they are an expert. We just clearly haven't played to any strengths he may have and more often than not he is playing far too deep. That surely has to come down to managerial tactics doesn't it?

scottccfc

I think our issue is jch, if we are going to push chaplin as our main striker he needs some one next to him he can build a relationship with. Such a shame biamou is out with such a serious injury

Nick

Administrator
I think our issue is jch, if we are going to push chaplin as our main striker he needs some one next to him he can build a relationship with. Such a shame biamou is out with such a serious injury
Even without jch though they have been stood on their own to be fair. He has done it with bakayoko and biamou before his injury.

Super Graham Withey

No-one is saying they are an expert. We just clearly haven't played to any strengths he may have and more often than not he is playing far too deep. That surely has to come down to managerial tactics doesn't it?
No. He is clearly not a striker who wants to play on the shoulder of opposition defenders. Which makes his signing a very strange move by Robins given he needed to replace MCNulty.

Users who are viewing this thread