Strengthening in the summer (5 Viewers)

mark82

If either of those two are sold realistically how much do you think Sepalla will give over for team building ? be lucky to get 10%.

How much we get to use is far more reliant on things like playing in Coventry and fans being allowed in than Seppala interfering in any way. When we've sold in the past the vast majority has gone back into the club.

(FWIW I think we'll be at the Ricoh next year, whether we'll be able to attend is another matter)

Alkhen

There's not zero chance but I think clubs will test our resolve. Clubs will look to players like Hamer more readily now due to the change in rules with bringing foreign players over. Also makes it more difficult for us to replace so that may push his valuation up. Would love to get to see him play in person so can just blindly hope that happens.

The new post brexit rules have been decided, we would have still been fine to sign Hamer. It works on a points system. Can't remember the specifics but Hamer passed easily due to the Dutch Prem having a high reputation and the fact he played more than half of their games.

It's player like Biamou that wouldn't be an option, he wouldn't have passed when Sutton tried to sign him

SBAndy

End of Loan:
McCallum
Ostigard
James
Gyokeres

Released (out of contract):
McFadzean
Thompson
Kelly
Jones
Bakayoko

Moved on:
Pask
Allen (maybe)
Jobello
Shipley
Kastaneer

That’s a lot to be moving outwards but we need to focus more on quality if we stay up. I’d also hope that Ostigard and James could be kept on permanently, but we’ll see. That would, of course, have a bearing on whether Fadz and Kelly were offered contracts.

In:
Ostigard (hopefully)
James (hopefully)
LCB - Jake Clarke-Salter please
LWB - no idea on this one
CM - Walsh? Would be decent if free
2x AM - would have said Marcus Browne but he’s done his cruciate, like the idea of Crowley but is he good enough?
ST - could be decisive on whether we play 1 or 2 up top next season, I like Sam Surridge but he’d probably cost too much

ovduk78

Osti
Gyokeres
James
Hamer

all out

I can see one of osti or gyokeres staying and if we wanted him and could afford him we will be at the front of the queue for james

Let’s see - need to stay up really
Not sure we have any chance of permanently signing Ostigard. At the start of the season I was listening to the Monday Night Club on 5live just after he'd joined us & Solskjaer mentioned it and said how highly rated he was and Man Utd and other teams would be watching how he got on

Alkhen

2 midfielders, one creative atleast
Lb A starter not backup
Cb. " "
St target man, someone to link play

Ideal world:
Walsh, knows the set-up would click in. Can see it happening tho.

Osti, excellent prospect, again doubt we will be able convince him either.

James. Have a real good chance here. I think he wants to be in the area so might play into our hands.

I'd happily take McCallum on another years loan 😁

After that we need some pace, and a target man to upgrade what we have as plan B

Would love to retain but think we will struggle:

Hamer
Dabo
O'Hare

Skybluedownunder

Outs

Baka
Kasta
Shipley
Mason
Biamou
Jones (unfortunately 3 years is too long and we’ve moved up two leagues since then)
Ben Wilson
McFadz (too old)
Pask

Ins

James Collins (think his contract is up at Luton)
Harry Pickering of Crewe, great left back
Matty James
Liam Walsh
Ostigard
Goalkeeper
Centre Back
Attacking Mid
Striker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higgs

How much we get to use is far more reliant on things like playing in Coventry and fans being allowed in than Seppala interfering in any way. When we've sold in the past the vast majority has gone back into the club.

(FWIW I think we'll be at the Ricoh next year, whether we'll be able to attend is another matter)
Why's that Mark didn't think we would ever go back to Ricoh with our own stadium planned

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfc_Tom

Out
Kasta
Baka
Jobello
Biamou
Mason

In
Mccallum loan
Osti
2 x strikers
CAM

Need more than that though.Would take walsh for shipley or allen if that was an option too.

Hobo

Dont renew some contracts.
See who is available to buy and who we can get on loan.

It really is a difficult task whatever your budget. But I feel ours makes it more difficult.

Skybluedownunder

Dont renew some contracts.
See who is available to buy and who we can get on loan.

It really is a difficult task whatever your budget. But I feel ours makes it more difficult.

While I like Kelly and feel we play well when he plays, I’d release him if it meant we got James & Walsh happily.

With Kelly you just know he will spend a third of the season injured

Great_Expectations

Out

Kastaneer
Bakayoko
Thompson (not had a chance but seems down the pecking order)
Mason (shame but not rated by MR)
Jobello (two minds really; wasn’t convinced pre injury, but he was starting to improve and he’s not had a fair chance)
Shipley (possibly. Don’t hate him like a lot on here but he’s struggling to consistently step up as it stands)
Allen (like him, but if he can’t get a start in the current squad, and we improve in the summer then he’ll struggle for game time)

Loans
Eccles
Drysdale
Pask (unless he stakes a claim for the rest of the season, but definitely don’t want him to be released)
Bapaga (needs more than 10 minute cameos and U23’s)
Ngandu
Any other youngster we believe has high potential.

In

Ostigard (I think we’d have a slight chance if we stay up and show intent to do more than a relegation battle next year, and no Premier/big Championship teams are interested)
James / Sheaf (albeit do we need both plus Kelly if funds are tight?)
Gyokeres (loan)
LWB
ST x2 (2 if we don’t get Gyokeres)
CAM x 2

Skybluedownunder

Out

Kastaneer
Bakayoko
Thompson (not had a chance but seems down the pecking order)
Mason (shame but not rated by MR)
Jobello (two minds really; wasn’t convinced pre injury, but he was starting to improve and he’s not had a fair chance)
Shipley (possibly. Don’t hate him like a lot on here but he’s struggling to consistently step up as it stands)
Allen (like him, but if he can’t get a start in the current squad, and we improve in the summer then he’ll struggle for game time)

Loans
Eccles
Drysdale
Pask (unless he stakes a claim for the rest of the season, but definitely don’t want him to be released)
Bapaga (needs more than 10 minute cameos and U23’s)
Ngandu
Any other youngster we believe has high potential.

In

Ostigard (I think we’d have a slight chance if we stay up and show intent to do more than a relegation battle next year, and no Premier/big Championship teams are interested)
James / Sheaf (albeit do we need both plus Kelly if funds are tight?)
Gyokeres (loan)
LWB
ST x2 (2 if we don’t get Gyokeres)
CAM x 2

I forgot about Sheaf that he’s not permanently signed. Personally I’m not sold on Sheaf and would rather take James and potentially Walsh if we can over Sheaf and save the transfer fee to use on their higher wages

shmmeee

Been thinking about this more today. Just going from rumours and people mentioned/available, no regard given to budget or likelihood, but these types of players from what I’ve seen would be good:

GK - Don’t know. Someone commanding with decent distribution. I’d spend most of the budget here if needed.
CB - Østigård on a free. Or someone young and commanding who can take over from Fadz.
LCB - Clarke-Salter on loan/perm Or another left footed CB with some pace.
LWB - McCallum on loan/perm. Or another LB to challenge Reid.
DM - James on a free. Or resign Kelly.
DM - Sheaf on a perm. Or another young DM who can learn from James/Kelly.
CM - Walsh on a free. Or another Hamer-a-like to challenge/partner in a 3 man midfield.
AM - Crowley on a free. Or another number 10 to challenge/play alongside O’Hare.
W - Don’t know. Someone pacy and tricky on loan. Someone for 4231/433/442 and to throw on to scare tired defences.
ST - Jutkeiwicz on a perm. Or another experienced target man.
ST - Györkeres on a perm/loan. Or another younger striker to partner Walker/Godden.

GK/Maroši
Dabo/Dacosta
Rose/Drysdale
Østigård/McFadz
Clarke-Salter/Hyam
McCallum/Reid
James/Sheaf
Hamer/Walsh
O’Hare/Crowley
Allen/(Hilßner/Shipley)
(Jobello/Jones)/W
Jutkeiwicz/Györkeres
Walker/Godden

Give Jones, Fadz and Hyam another year.

Get rid of Wilson, Kasta and Pask if we can. Release Thompson, Williams, Biamou, Kelly (if we sign James), and Baka.

I’d make a judgement call and keep one of Hilßner and Shipley. Jobello might not prove up to it and Jones might not come back, If Jones is looking like coming back at the right level I’d sell Jobello. If neither come back take another Kasta/Jobello style gamble.

Send Bapaga and Eccles out on loan unless they look like first team material. In which case cancel the W/DM signing.

Gives you a nicely balanced young squad that can play any formation and has lots of competition for places. Good enough to push for top ten IMO.

SleepyGinger

Ins

left back
Left footed centre half
attacking midfielder/winger
Striker who can hold the ball up/link play better

would offer year extensions to Kelly and fadz.

skyblue025

Didn't the Brexit rules also make it easier for us to sign players from outside the EU? Maybe nick a Brazilian or Argentinean kid before the big boys snap them up.

Garryb80

Didn't the Brexit rules also make it easier for us to sign players from outside the EU? Maybe nick a Brazilian or Argentinean kid before the big boys snap them up.
Very difficult to sign kids from abroad now. Work permit rules mean only the best can come over

Skybluedownunder

In

ostigard
Viktor
Lwb
Attacking midfielder
Gk

out

baka
Biamou
Shipley
Kasta
Wilson

I don’t get why people want Viktor in, he’s played like 3 games and his record at Swansea was poor, in his first game he was pretty poor and yes okay he’s scored a goal against Sheff Wed who are close to the bottom of the league but I don’t think he’s yet proved to be someone I’d want to sign.

The proof will be in the pudding over time but yeah the reports out of Swansea wasn’t the best. 10 games 0 goals, Baka already does that for us, we need someone prolific

Garryb80

I don’t get why people want Viktor in, he’s played like 2 games and his record at Swansea was poor, in his first game he was pretty poor and yes okay he’s scored a goal but I don’t think he’s yet proved to be someone I’d want to sign.

The proof will be in the pudding over time but yeah the reports out of Swansea wasn’t the best. 10 games 0 goals, Baka already does that for us, we need someone prolific

We can't afford someone prolific at this level. Comparing his swansea stats don't really work. He started about 2 games for them. I'm not saying to sign him up but we have to be realistic about the standard of striker we can get

Blind-Faith

I don’t get why people want Viktor in, he’s played like 2 games and his record at Swansea was poor, in his first game he was pretty poor and yes okay he’s scored a goal but I don’t think he’s yet proved to be someone I’d want to sign.

a prolific championship striker? While I’ll agree we need one like every team does, even if we sold dabo and hamer we still wouldn’t be able to afford one.

we need to improve the squad , after watching him I’d say he is an improvement on baka and biamou.

Skybluedownunder

We can't afford someone prolific at this level. Comparing his swansea stats don't really work. He started about 2 games for them. I'm not saying to sign him up but we have to be realistic about the standard of striker we can get

James Collins contract at Luton expires end of the season, proven goal scorer and from Cov, would rather that.

While you say ‘we can’t afford one’ we don’t know who’s contracts are up at the end of the season elsewhere

Baka has hardly started either, his current stats are comparable to Baka. His goal scoring record elsewhere isn’t that great either

Garryb80

James Collins contract at Luton expires end of the season, proven goal scorer and from Cov, would rather that.

While you say ‘we can’t afford one’ we don’t know who’s contracts are up at the end of the season elsewhere

They still require wages. Any striker at this level who scores regularly is wanting far more than we pay.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I don’t get why people want Viktor in, he’s played like 3 games and his record at Swansea was poor, in his first game he was pretty poor and yes okay he’s scored a goal against Sheff Wed who are close to the bottom of the league but I don’t think he’s yet proved to be someone I’d want to sign.

Have you not been watching him play?

Skybluedownunder

They still require wages. Any striker at this level who scores regularly is wanting far more than we pay.

I think we’d be able to give him what he’s getting at Luton, surely we are a bigger club than Luton. I believe he is a Cov fan too, the idea of playing for your hometown club could be a seller, he wanted to join us before but we wouldn’t pay the fee Swindon wanted or was holding him out too long so he went elsewhere but don’t quote me on that, was some years ago now

shmmeee

The role of a target man isn’t to be prolific. We have two poachers already in Walker and Godden. We need a better version of Max and Baka.

Magwitch

Player recruitment is always interesting and usually players come in we have hardly heard of certainly not been linked I think with there’s going to be a lot more quality out of contract players on the market here and abroad.
My priority would be a striker to go with Walker, Godden and Vik. Someone different direct, with bags of pace, a Jamie Vardy type, there will be some out there in the lower leagues or premier reserves. Had our main strikers especially Matty Godden been more available imo we’d be higher up the league.

AFCCOVENTRY

If we stay in the Champ then Robins will have to be ruthless. A fair few will need to move on and we need to upgrade on what we have. If Hamer is here for next season then we should build a team around him. Matty James would be a class signing next to him in the centre. We need more in attacking midfield, playmaker and better strikers.

Users who are viewing this thread