Strengthening in the summer (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Given that we stay up, what 5 ins and what 5 outs would you like in the summer?

D

Deleted member 11652

Gonna need a left back, 2 centre halves, 2/3 attacking midfielders / wingers and a striker minimum

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Out:

Mason
Shipley
kastaneer
Jobello
Bakayoko

In:

Some quality in attacking midfield X2
Striker X1
Left back X1
Ostigard X1

(Guess James/Sheaf is an option too)

I wouldn't want to even think about selling Hamer. Equally, some of the other new signings really need to prove themselves. DaCosta, Hilsner, Walker for example.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

In:
Ostigard
Left footed center back
Quick striker
No 10
James

Out:
Jobello (loan to L1)
Shipley (loan to L1)
Pask (loan to good L2 or a L1 team)
Kasta
Bakayoko

mrtrench

We'll have some money to spend. Another year of Championship money + I'm sure Hamer and Dabo sales. I hope we spend it wisely.

Magwitch

Given that we stay up, what 5 ins and what 5 outs would you like in the summer?
Apart from retaining Matty James, Osti and Viktor, got a good feeling about him I’d like a Pacey left winger, centre back, another experienced midfielder, a tough bastard, tall centre forward option and keep Hamer for at least another season.
There’s going to be a lot of good quality free agents about at the end of this season.

Magwitch

We'll have some money to spend. Another year of Championship money + I'm sure Hamer and Dabo sales. I hope we spend it wisely.
If either of those two are sold realistically how much do you think Sepalla will give over for team building ? be lucky to get 10%.

shepardo01

Think we have to be honest and say we are likely to lose;
Hamer
Ostigaard
Gyokores
McCallum
Possibly James

And that is if we stay up.

Dabo, we know is class, but his injuries this season will have helped us be in with a chance of him staying.

shmmeee

Five ins:

Liam Walsh
Matty James
Leo Østigård
Commanding keeper
LCB
I’d also want: 2 x ST (Györkeres?), AM/W, LWB (McCallum?)

Five outs:

Kasta
Pask
Shipley
Wilson
That’s about it, and I might keep Shipley as he’s still young. Pask too if we can’t find a few CBS.

Baka is out of contract so he won’t be ours to get rid of.

Last edited:

Magwitch

Hamer
Ostigaard
Gyokores
McCallum
Possibly James

Dabo, we know is class, but his injuries this season will have helped us be in with a chance of him staying.
We will stay up and with better players added to our squad we can be top half next season nothing in the top half bothers me at all even leaders Norwich we have competed toe to toe with them twice this season and if you are top half top six becomes possible.

As much as I like Dabo I don’t see premier clubs coming in for him, Hamer also, imo needs another year regular first team championship football.

procdoc

Out:
Kastaneer
Jobello
Bakayoko
Biamou
Shipley
Thompson
Mason

In:
Ostigaard
Sheaf
McCallum (Loan again)
James
Striker
Attacking Midfielder
Centre Half

Saddlebrains

More than 5 but for me

Out:
Pask
Thompson
Mason
Jones
Shipley
Jobello
Kastaneer
Hillsner
Biamou
Baka

Loan - Eccles Drysdale Bapaga to L1 clubs ideally or newly promoted clubs.

In:
Osti
James
Walsh
Gyokeres
LWB
CB
Winger
Attacking midfielder
Striker

Briles

Well out in the first instance will be James, Osti, Gyo, Mcallum and Sheaf. I would do everything to try and Keep Osti of those 5

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Outs more based on ability to bring someone in.

So Allen and Shipley in exchange for one decent quality ACM
Biamou and Baka in exchange for one good striker
Kastaneer

As for the other ins:
Left footed centre back (though Osti on a perm would be acceptable)
At least one of James and Walsh

mark82

Think we'll bring in:

Sheaf (officially)
James
CB (Ostigard would be great but can't see it)
LWB (maybe loan)
AM
2x ST

Outs:
Baka
Biamou
McCallum (EOL)
Ostigard (EOL)
Gyökeres (EOL - possibility to come back on loan)

Only 3 players I'm really worried about losing as they're so difficult to replace - Dabo, O'Hare & Hamer. All under contract so would stick pretty large prices on their heads.

Alkhen

Putting out there we have Zero chance of holding on to Hamer past the summer... I'll be delighted if he is still here by Tuesday (we won't sell, bar a mental bid)

Would love to be wrong but teams of our current stature and budget can't hold on to players like him. Same goes for Dabo, I think we got lucky with him being injured pre season I'm sure teams were sniffing around. Sucks but we are in eco system where the bigger clubs take their pick. We just have to do the same from the teams below or in less fashionable leagues

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Hamer
Ostigaard
Gyokores
McCallum
Possibly James

Not sure about that

clint van damme

a lot will depend on whether we're back at the Ricoh as to who we bring in.
I expect us to be back and will be gutted if we're not.

Magwitch

If player imports become more difficult then home based players prices and possibly even wage demands will rise

stevefloyd

I think most on here know my outs but it wouldnt worry me to see Sheaf not signed because he has too many mistakes in him unless the coaching team work some magic on him, also Hyam starting to make mistakes on a regular basis. Trouble is we need to strengthen our bench too give at least some winning options there, love to see Osti kept and Viktor starting to look like a good back up atm...probably see Allen, Jobello, Kasta, Mason Baka and Shipley moved on but its obviously dependent on what money we have to spend

mrtrench

If either of those two are sold realistically how much do you think Sepalla will give over for team building ? be lucky to get 10%.

<insert> GIF of someone yawning and someone else with a pile of handbags and a misogynist attitude </insert>

mark82

Putting out there we have Zero chance of holding on to Hamer past the summer... I'll be delighted if he is still here by Tuesda y(should be bar a mental bid)

Would love to be wrong but teams of our current stature and budget can't hold on to players like him. Same goes for Dabo, I think we got lucky with him being injured pre season I'm sure peoe were sniffing around. Sucks but we are in ecosystem where the bigger clubs take their pick. We just have to do the same from the teams below or in less fashionable leagues

There's not zero chance but I think clubs will test our resolve. Clubs will look to players like Hamer more readily now due to the change in rules with bringing foreign players over. Also makes it more difficult for us to replace so that may push his valuation up. Would love to get to see him play in person so can just blindly hope that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread