Stones at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Is that because they were crap?

I had a band we we never sold any singles either. ;)
Ive been in a few bands and we never sold a single single although we had to give autographs a couple of times...found that weird I hope someone made some good money off them lol

rupert_bear

The Stones at the Ricoh might also be a catalyst for other big acts to go there. Name wise there’s non bigger than the Rolling Stones worldwide.
Led Zeppelin at the Locarno in 1971 ?
U2 at the General Wolfe, Rolling Stones also did a gig at a venue on Fletchinsted Highway might have been where the Highway Club is now.

wingy

The Stones at the Ricoh might also be a catalyst for other big acts to go there. Name wise there’s non bigger than the Rolling Stones worldwide.

U2 at the General Wolfe, Rolling Stones also did a gig at a venue on Fletchinsted Highway might have been where the Highway Club is now.
The old Matrix Club?

NorthernWisdom

tbh the response to the band is exactly what they get wherever they turn up nowadays - some saying great, some amazed they're still alive, some saying they're has-beens, some saying how much for a ticket?!? The Wasps bit is pretty irrelevant to that, really!

There'll always be the odd person who says they were never the same once Brian Jones died, too...

Otis

Ive been in a few bands and we never sold a single single although we had to give autographs a couple of times...found that weird I hope someone made some good money off them lol
Last time I was in a band I got myself a stalker. A super fan who had my name printed on a tshirt and who kept sending me love letters.

Very scary, but after a few months he just stopped and apparently had gone and joined the navy.

Sbarcher

It will make a change to tennis balls and whistles.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I was one of the 12 or so at General Wolfe for U2. Bono walked round floor and sang to each person. Spoke to him a few months later at Lanchester Poly gig, much more that night.
Seen U2, 3 or 4 times since.

Rolling Stones at Ricoh Arena is a great coup for city of Coventry.
Unlucky SISU never mind.

Grendel

I was one of the 12 or so at General Wolfe for U2. Bono walked round floor and sang to each person. Spoke to him a few months later at Lanchester Poly gig, much more that night.

Unlucky SISU never mind.

Yeah I guess Seppella is fuming she didn’t lay the formula price of £10 million for half share of ACL as well as liability on the loan as she’s missed out on a 50 grand booking fee.

letsallsingtogether

Yeah I guess Seppella is fuming she didn’t lay the formula price of £10 million for half share of ACL as well as liability on the loan as she’s missed out on a 50 grand booking fee.
No she's fuming because she never got it for free.

Adge

Think the Foo fighters are not that far behind them to be fair.

Adge

Unlucky SISU never mind.
I know-great isn’t it!:emoji_grin:

Brylowes

Saw them at Coventry Theatre 1970 when Mick bounced around the stage non stop for 2 hours, don’t expect him to do that this time. It was the weekend Brown Sugar was released and Cov was the first time they played it live. Perhaps no longer the best that’s if they ever were but are the biggest that’s been to the Ricoh, will I go, no, but to the rock fan to have seen the Stones live is a must i’d think.
Don’t be surprised if he does, we saw them at Hyde park 5 years ago, 90 in the shade
And Jagger never stopped dancing from start to finish and covered every inch of stage.
How he did that for over 2 hrs at his age was incredible,

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Is Keith Richards actually still alive ?

Captain Dart

oucho

When I saw the title of this thread I assumed that Wasps were paying to get the exterior of the stadium clad in pebbledsah.........

Adge

When I saw the title of this thread I assumed that Wasps were paying to get the exterior of the stadium clad in pebbledsah.........
Pebbledsah? Yeah, with McNumpty paperwork up the scaffold on the trowel.

Mcbean

Wife bought tickets this morning - were supposed to go on sale Thursday - sitting in the JSB area so we can avoid the bottles of piss so prevalent at the Oasis gig - i didnt ask her her how much - thats for later when i am not stressed at work - i feel a post in " things that annoy you" coming

italiahorse

Wife bought tickets this morning - were supposed to go on sale Thursday - sitting in the JSB area so we can avoid the bottles of piss so prevalent at the Oasis gig - i didnt ask her her how much - thats for later when i am not stressed at work - i feel a post in " things that annoy you" coming

She must be a Wasps season ticket holder or similar. I can get tickets this morning. ;)

Best not to ask the price is my advice, stress or not :)

Mcbean

She must be a Wasps season ticket holder or similar. I can get tickets this morning. ;)

Best not to ask the price is my advice, stress or not :)
Wasps - God no wash your mouth out - shes Sky Blue through and through - season ticket holder - found some ticket website that had 24 hour advance tickets - and of course God does know what she paid but i am not in the know - my plan is to keep it as a known unknown

Users who are viewing this thread