Stones at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Moff

That' the way to do it.

That is the reason for all the sour grapes on here our landlords.
Well I still think it is great and am happy for the whole City.

People may mention that, but for some the Big Weekend is a bigger Coup for the City, with more publicity than the Stones Concert will get (although I do think the Stones playing in Coventry is a good thing)

italiahorse

People may mention that, but for some the Big Weekend is a bigger Coup for the City, with more publicity than the Stones Concert will get (although I do think the Stones playing in Coventry is a good thing)

Both are good for the city, it's not a competition surely ?
Why does one have to be better ?

stupot07

Yeah I agree with that. I can see the big weekend bringing a lot of people into the city, city centre, bring a bit of a vibe to city, etc. Whereas concerts at the Ricoh, people just tend to rock up at the Ricoh then go home.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Always thought they were shite even in their prime.

Moff

Nope. Sour grapes

You really are a prize arsehole.
I much prefer the line up at the Big Weekend. Deal with it. It will also have a higher profile and more publicity for the City than a one off Stone's Concert.

If you read my original post I actually said I thought the Stones Concert was a good thing for the City but you are absolutely blinded by your crass stupidity regarding Wasps and have the temerity to suggest that I actually prefer the line up at the Big Weekend as Sour Grapes re Wasps.

Take a day off from your crap, step back form the keyboard and piss off until you have something sensible to post.

NortonSkyBlue

The Rolling Stones coming to Coventry is fantastic.
They are still the major touring band and whatever creaking bones and sagging skin they may have they still fill out arenas across the world.
Love some of their music, paint it black a particular favorite.
I do find it strange though how most of the sixties and seventies bands still are super popular yet I would find it hard to name a song from today.

no_loyalty

So we have:
Rolling Stones
Liam Gallagher
Stereophonics
Tears for Fears
UB40
Paloma Faith
Snow Patrol
Billy Ocean
Pretenders
Simple Minds
and KT Tunstall all playing in Cov this year and they've yet to announce the Godiva lineup!

Great for the city I think.

You have missed steps, aqua and blue off the list

Adge

That is a major coup for the city of Coventry having the stones.
I’m more interested in Snow Patrol,Stereophonics and Liam Gallagher for £20!
If any one has a couple of tickets for sale please let me know :emoji_fingers_crossed:

letsallsingtogether

I have 10 tickets for the big weekend.
Yes and looking forward to it
Also looking forward to the Godiva festival don't Care who is on .
I was posting that the stones were another good coup for the City.
Just proud of this City and wanted to shout it.
Not bothered whether people like them or not this is a big thing they chose us over Brum.
People really need to see the bigger picture.

But hey let the Ricoh blind their judgement believe the same shit was said about the Boss when he played there.

Adge

Not bothered whether people like them or not this is a big thing they chose us over Brum.

But hey let the Ricoh blind their judgement believe the same shit was said about the Boss when he played there.
Want to sell a couple?

Otis

Always thought they were shite even in their prime.
You truly are Victor Meldrew aren't you!

I think if I counted on one hand the number of things you DO like I would still have plenty of fingers spare left after I had finished counting.

When City score do you sit on your hands and keep whispering to yourself through pursed lips 'I must not cheer, I must not cheer?'

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

stevefloyd

To be brutally honest they couldnt pay me enough to go and watch them.... why would I want to part with any money to see some old lunatic prance about the stage along with one of lifes great mysteries still alive playing guitar....not a fan.... i would rather peel onions all night but fair play to them still dragging their act around all these years

Otis

Never been a massive fan of the Stones, but they have made some great songs over the years.

You Can't Always Get What You Want is one of my favourite all time songs.

Also love the just mentioned Ruby Tuesday and Jumping Jack Flash and Let's Spend the Night Together and Honky Tonk Woman, to name but a few.

Only ever bought one album of theirs, but they have consistently made some good songs over the years to my mind.

stevefloyd

I think i got one of their singles but its that memorable I cant remember which one although If I did I will still have it

rupert_bear

Saw them at Coventry Theatre 1970 when Mick bounced around the stage non stop for 2 hours, don’t expect him to do that this time. It was the weekend Brown Sugar was released and Cov was the first time they played it live. Perhaps no longer the best that’s if they ever were but are the biggest that’s been to the Ricoh, will I go, no, but to the rock fan to have seen the Stones live is a must i’d think.

Last edited:

Moff

I agree, I think both events are great for the City.
Personally I prefer what's on at the Big Weekend to the Stones, but that's my preference and I won't let arseholes like Italia make out its something to do with Wasps, when I have stated they are both good for Coventry.

Otis

I agree, I think both events are great for the City.
Personally I prefer what's on at the Big Weekend to the Stones, but that's my preference and I won't let arseholes like Italia make out its something to do with Wasps, when I have stated they are both good for Coventry.
Wasps are good for Coventry?
giphy.gif

italiahorse

You really are a prize arsehole.
I much prefer the line up at the Big Weekend. Deal with it. It will also have a higher profile and more publicity for the City than a one off Stone's Concert.

If you read my original post I actually said I thought the Stones Concert was a good thing for the City but you are absolutely blinded by your crass stupidity regarding Wasps and have the temerity to suggest that I actually prefer the line up at the Big Weekend as Sour Grapes re Wasps.

Take a day off from your crap, step back form the keyboard and piss off until you have something sensible to post.

Calm down I never mentioned Wasps .
If someone on a Stones thread says something going on elsewhere is better, then my opinion is it's sour grapes.

Users who are viewing this thread