Stokes (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueScottie

faggot
ˈfaɡət/
noun
noun: faggot; plural noun: faggots; noun: fagot; plural noun: fagots

British
    a ball or roll of seasoned chopped liver, baked or fried.

a bundle of sticks bound together as fuel.

• a bundle of iron rods bound together for reheating, welding, and hammering into bars.

North Americaninformaloffensive
    a male homosexual.

Britishinformaldated
    an unpleasant or contemptible woman.

He was clearly comparing them to a bunch of unpleasant women...

hill83

Now some gay magazine is getting in on the outrage!

I hope you can see the irony of saying people shouldn't seperate themselves into their own groups whilst being on a Coventry City forum.
And also joining in with the outrage yourself by being outraged about the outrage.

Nick

Administrator
I hope you can see the irony of saying people shouldn't seperate themselves into their own groups whilst being on a Coventry City forum.
And also joining in with the outrage yourself by being outraged about the outrage.

I do get outraged by false outraged. It is real though, none of that false shit.

I just slammed my cup down.

OK, seperate them into groups within the group of CCFC fans... :) What I mean is a city fan is a city fan, there's no need to then go off and make own groups within that.

chiefdave

Not quite the same is it. We don't take offence if someone calls us a Cov fan or claim we are discriminated against for the club we support.

hill83

I do get outraged by false outraged. It is real though, none of that false shit.

I just slammed my cup down.

OK, seperate them into groups within the group of CCFC fans... :) What I mean is a city fan is a city fan, there's no need to then go off and make own groups within that.

Outrageous.

hill83

Not quite the same is it. We don't take offence if someone calls us a Cov fan or claim we are discriminated against for the club we support.

Yeah I wasn't being completely serious. Although I do beleive it is perfectly acceptable for people to have their own groups to be a part of.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I wasn't being completely serious. Although I do beleive it is perfectly acceptable for people to have their own groups to be a part of.

Of course, but then when the groups are demanding equality and to be treated the same after they have sectioned themselves off.

hill83

Of course, but then when the groups are demanding equality and to be treated the same after they have sectioned themselves off.

What exactly are you saying? Are you saying that if gay people go to a gay bar for example, they then shouldn't have equality because of this? Bit odd.

ajsccfc

I don't think they'd be sectioning themselves off as such if it's something like the gay Palace fan group, assuming they're not espousing any anti-hetero agenda it's more just a common interest thing like any number of groups. In this case the interest being willies.

Nick

Administrator
What exactly are you saying? Are you saying that if gay people go to a gay bar for example, they then shouldn't have equality because of this? Bit odd.

No.

I am saying for example if somebody is gay, they start a gay club for the football team they support, they have flags and banners saying it is the coventry city fc fans gay section. Then it is "Why cant I just be treated like everybody else" which is just a normal coventry city fan (which is what I would see people as).

Everybody should have equality, but what's the point in moaning about it if you start excluding yourself from everything else to make a point about it.

chiefdave

I just reverse the situation. So say for example you started a football club and labeled it as for straight people only would that be allowed? If its not allowed one way then it shouldn't the other. Especially if while starting a club that explicitly excludes people you are shouting from the rooftops about discrimination and not being included.

covcity4life

nick always gets outraged by people being different. he didnt like the punjabi wolves fanclub i remember. said they were seperating themselves from other fans when all they were do is celebrating both their club and their background,something which probably helps bring more asian fans to molyneux i bet.

as for the tweet, its a silly thing to say, but i have no doubt he simply meant what a bunch of embarassing dives,fouls and handbag fighting(is that sexist? lol)

he has apologised and nothing further required, he clearly meant nothing bad by it.

ajsccfc

I just reverse the situation. So say for example you started a football club and labeled it as for straight people only would that be allowed? If its not allowed one way then it shouldn't the other. Especially if while starting a club that explicitly excludes people you are shouting from the rooftops about discrimination and not being included.

Gay bars, clubs and the like don't tend to exclude straight people, they're just aimed at or aim to represent gay people.

Nick

Administrator
nick always gets outraged by people being different. he didnt like the punjabi wolves fanclub i remember. said they were seperating themselves from other fans when all they were do is celebrating both their club and their background,something which probably helps bring more asian fans to molyneux i bet.

as for the tweet, its a silly thing to say, but i have no doubt he simply meant what a bunch of embarassing dives,fouls and handbag fighting(is that sexist? lol)

he has apologised and nothing further required, he clearly meant nothing bad by it.

No, I didn't say I didn't like them. Just that groups like that I didn't see the need.

I'd just see them as Wolves fans. You get brought up to treat everybody the same surely?

I'd bet if I said something like "Oh that gay palace fan" it would be "why would you use their sexuality to describe them"?

ajsccfc

Treating everyone the same is good as that's your own behaviour, but you don't have to treat everyone as if they are all the same. Difference is good when not exploited.

covcity4life

although i aint happy that i was kicked out of gym for womens hour on sunday......

*dont use the obvious joke please*

chiefdave

They are a perfect example of the right way to do things. They were totally inclusive, speaking to everyone and handing out free curry. That leaves a far better impression on people, and makes people more likely to listen to them.

hill83

They are a perfect example of the right way to do things. They were totally inclusive, speaking to everyone and handing out free curry. That leaves a far better impression on people, and makes people more likely to listen to them.

First time I ever went to the Wheatsheaf the owner put free curry on.

Nick

Administrator
Never been out the back so no idea.

I am sure a good few years ago I went there, they had something out the back where they were serving food.

Was nice, but then the OB came and battered us so can't remember much.

SkyblueBazza

People like Stokes probably don't consider themselves 'famous' enough for it to be an issue. Most of the players seem to use it to chat with each other.
There are more discreet methods to chat. Like meet up & have a coffee, telephone calls, texts, WhatsApp, Kik.
They all know this too.

Just like many of us though...we seem to have a need to look like some kind of knowledgeable expert or opinion leader or 'hip' even. Although you would think such 'hip' dudes would be up with the ramifications of putting anything into the public domain by ANY means.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

SkyblueBazza

See I thought a faggot was like a big squashy meatball thing in gravy?
By their very nature - full of the shitty bits nobody would otherwise eat. So his comment might not have been so misplaced after-all

SkyblueBazza

Club need to act quick pre emptive strike will nip it in the bud,

"He apologised
Deleted it
Understands his mistake
We have arranged diversity training for the whole club as a result. "
I think the team should be excused from that...they dance & prance about enough without specific training from an official dance-troupe

Covrock

What the hell would happen if Ryan Giggs ever became manager of Coventry? Every self righteous person and group would be out in force and we wouldn't have any fans attending games. Judge Stokes on the pitch, yep he fucked up, as I have and most probably the majority of people on here. Get over it and move on. Whose the next famous/infamous person to get slagged Off?

christonabike

For goodness sake if he had said, bender, queer, brown hatter etc and even "shirtlifter maybe he should be in trouble but faggot is hardly insulting. Ive often heard it used to describe a lazy git etc.:rolleyes:

Nick

Administrator
What the hell would happen if Ryan Giggs ever became manager of Coventry? Every self righteous person and group would be out in force and we wouldn't have any fans attending games. Judge Stokes on the pitch, yep he fucked up, as I have and most probably the majority of people on here. Get over it and move on. Whose the next famous/infamous person to get slagged Off?

To be fair, I don't think it is city fans that are bothered by it. Most seem to think he was stupid and the club have dealt with it well.

Users who are viewing this thread