Match Thread Stoke match thread (5 Viewers)

Gibbo

All I can think is that this is the 4th season in 5 where we have reached February and still have something positive to play for - promotion/play offs. And even last season's survival was just a necessary bridging season to the new level were at.

And we are much better established than under the various managers in charge before we wentdown - Coleman, Bothroyd, Thorne, Dowie. There was never a sense then that there was a coherent plan that might work. And that this progress has been made with bugger all money just shows what is possible. Sometimes in the past I've thought we might be in League 1 for keeps.

Success can be fleeting in football - see Barnsley, Reading, Derby. It could easily go pear shaped next season, But it looks like we are comfortable as a top half Championship side at least for the time being. It's a platform...

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thought that last night was a very professions solid performance. The team played well throughout. Stand outs were Sheaf (MOTM), Clarke-Salter and Hyam. The rest were solid 7 out of 10's

What pleased me was to see how organised and disciplined we were without the ball. Yes Waghorn & OHare made immediate impact but the platform had been established to frustrate Stoke every time they had the ball. There was one passage of play 2nd half where Stoke moved the ball from side to side across their defence and were given nowhere to go by the CCFC set up. Stoke got frustrated and created little if anything up front.

Very good performance by CCFC, maybe not as fluent and flowing as Saturday but in its nature just as impressive

ovduk78

We paid on the gate last night and were in block 25, some "fan" came and sat 2 seats up from us and the 1st thing he said to me was "If we lose tonight that's me for the season cos we won't make the play-offs". What an idiot? We came down and watched 2 games and whilst we were better on saturday this is a team we should all be proud of and getting behind and I wish I could get to every game. When I left the ground on saturday I couldn't believe how well we had played and whilst we lost I was still glad that I went. Before saturday I thought we would end the season in midtable and I still think we won't make the play-offs but if we start scoring a few more of our chances we could get very close. I am envious of all of you that live close enough to go regularly, if you can go to the game then go and watch this team run their hearts out for CCFC and us fans.

Offhegoes

Really impressed last night. Thought we looked nervy first 15 mins, and with key players missing, we were never going to play as well as on Saturday, but the team grew into the game. Thought Gyks was always a danger despite things not running for him 1st half. Hyam, JCS, Allen & Sheaf all excellent. Eccles did a good job, but I hope he gets his chance in midfield eventually as he doesn't have the pace for a wingback. Hamer frustrating. Shipley quiet. Surely O'Hare starts for Shippers on Sat, and Kane for Eccles, otherwise same team.

Sky Blue Harry H

Perception a funny thing…I actually thought their fans were pretty noisy until last quarter (but I was surprised not to hear ‘Delilah’). And I thought our fans good but mainly responded to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did one loudish rendition of Delilah early in the first half, and one half hearted effort too. They got progressively more subdued.

Sky Blue Harry H

We paid on the gate last night and were in block 25, some "fan" came and sat 2 seats up from us and the 1st thing he said to me was "If we lose tonight that's me for the season cos we won't make the play-offs". What an idiot? We came down and watched 2 games and whilst we were better on saturday this is a team we should all be proud of and getting behind and I wish I could get to every game. When I left the ground on saturday I couldn't believe how well we had played and whilst we lost I was still glad that I went. Before saturday I thought we would end the season in midtable and I still think we won't make the play-offs but if we start scoring a few more of our chances we could get very close. I am envious of all of you that live close enough to go regularly, if you can go to the game then go and watch this team run their hearts out for CCFC and us fans.

Hi ovduk78- you're not a long lost season ticket holder that used to sit in Block 22 near a female (TB)many seasons ago. are you? Just wondered, as I know/remember a City fan from years ago to left to run a pub/hotel? in Scotland. Apologies for being nosey!

ovduk78

Hi ovduk78- you're not a long lost season ticket holder that used to sit in Block 22 near a female (TB)many seasons ago. are you? Just wondered, as I know/remember a City fan from years ago to left to run a pub/hotel? in Scotland. Apologies for being nosey!
I've haven't had a season ticket since we left HR, been living up here since 2003. Did move up and bought a guest house in Inverness though.

ovduk78

They did one loudish rendition of Delilah early in the first half, and one half hearted effort too. They got progressively more subdued.
They were very quiet in last 15 minutes considering they were still in the match, I thought they would have been noisier throughout.

CDK

We have our mojo back gyo scoring again and 8 players on the injured and not match fit ,and winning 2 out of our last 3.
If we can get any positive result at borough Saturday then play off push will be back on.

rexo87

Anyone else lose their shit at Ohare taking a quick throw straight to their player when 1-0 up with 5 mins to go or was that just me?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bertola

Anyone else lose their shit at Ohare taking a quick throw straight to their player when 1-0 up with 5 mins to go or was that just me?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Yep. Really annoyed me. We'd been under a bit of pressure, managed to force a throw and it was the perfect time to just take a breather, instead he invited pressure back onto us

Users who are viewing this thread