Match Thread Stoke match thread (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Predictions? Thoughts? Line ups?

Is this one of those games that because it was re-arranged, won't be on Ifollow for those miles away from Cov who can't attend?

We'll do this lot by the way.

Saddlebrains

Need to go 2 up top now Waghorns managed a good 30 minutes.

Allen for Waghorn for me, not that he did anything wrong, just that someone needs to be dropped to accommodate the shape change

Rose if fit for Hyam, think Hyam looked a bit shaky Saturday.

And can't believe I'm saying this. Start Shipley. He's been brilliant the last couple of games and deserves to keep his place until Maatsen returns or Bidwell gets fit

HAVE TO WIN

No 2 ways about it

shmmeee

Need a win to stop the rot at home now.

Moore
Hyam Fadz JCS
Kane Hamer Sheaf Shipley
O’Hare
Györkeres Waghorn

S: Wilson, Rose, Bidwell, Eccles, Jones, Allen, Tavares

Going for an over confident 2-1 City

JMc88

Only change I would like to see is Waghorn in for one of Allen/O'Hare. See if having Waghorn back can bring anything out of Vik, or at least stop him having to get lost out wide on his own with no-one in support. Might see if COH can have more of an impact off the bench - thought he was particularly quiet in the first half on Saturday.

AOM

Need a win to stop the rot at home now.

Moore
Hyam Fadz JCS
Kane Hamer Sheaf Shipley
O’Hare
Györkeres Waghorn

S: Wilson, Rose, Bidwell, Eccles, Jones, Allen, Tavares

Going for an over confident 2-1 City

Agree on this team but would start Bidwell instead of Shipley.
Seems harsh as he played well on Saturday, but would prefer to play a natural LWB and Bidwell also needs games

Hertsccfc

Either Jones or Waghorn for Allen, if they are fit enough. Otherwise unchanged, and certainly start Shipley. I didn't see it at the time but looking back on the highlights Bidwell's defending on their second goal was really poor so no way should he be rewarded with a start here.

shmmeee

Agree on this team but would start Bidwell instead of Shipley.
Seems harsh as he played well on Saturday, but would prefer to play a natural LWB and Bidwell also needs games

Always takes new signings a few weeks to get used to our system and expectations. Aside from anything else he was pretty gash for his debut and Shippers is in the form of his life. Also Shipley will need taking off before 70 mins :p

If Bidwell had come in and torn up trees on Saturday then fair enough, as it was he did very little of note other than be partially at fault for their winner. Let him have a few training sessions and get up to speed on our system first.

steveo1987

Shipley doesn't deserve to be dropped..Never thought I would say that. Bidwell kind of made a mess of the marking job and letting their attacker get goalside on Saturday..Obviously would be excused being a bit rusty etc but he has 400 odd games under his belt.

Jagmannn

Same starting team ...same attitude...we will beat them 2-0 ......COH to get both goals ....then we slag the club off for trying to sell him .

AOM

Always takes new signings a few weeks to get used to our system and expectations. Aside from anything else he was pretty gash for his debut and Shippers is in the form of his life. Also Shipley will need taking off before 70 mins :p

If Bidwell had come in and torn up trees on Saturday then fair enough, as it was he did very little of note other than be partially at fault for their winner. Let him have a few training sessions and get up to speed on our system first.

Fairenough.gif

I just get excited by a new signing haha. Think he'll come good!

Brighton Sky Blue

If every player’s debut was an indicator of future performance then Alex Nimely wouldn’t be rotting in non league

no_loyalty

I hope it all clicks and we hammer these arrogant fuckers. Waghorn in for Allen.

fernandopartridge

I think he'll stick with the same team that started v QPR, played as well as we have for a while and it's likely Stoke will have 3 in central midfield anyway.

shmmeee

Not sure we can risk another forward being out completely. Same as Saturday but tell the likes of Hamer to fuckin shoot

By that logic we shouldn’t play Györkeres as our only remaining goal scorer in case he gets injured.

Squad is there to be used and if we’re going to lose another striker I’d rather do it while the window is still open and we can go begging to Joy.

Users who are viewing this thread